Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2003, 01:23 PM
Yeoman

Default children in the hot tus

I have when there is a big sign saying "NO CHILDREN" in the hot tub area and what do you see? CHILDREN! I wish the crew would tell these kids they must get out and if their parents are there speak to them also. If the child gets back in - kick them out of the pool area!
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Default Re: children in the hot tus

There is of course always the fine line between the rules and "kicking out" a paying passenger from the pool area. On our last cruise , I saw the rules enforced for the first time. On Legend, the uniformed security guards would boot the kids (politely but with
insistence) from the hot tubs. By day 2 or 3 the kids and the parents got the message.
Old June 17th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Admiral

I don't believe that you would be out of line by saying something to the attendants on that deck or asking to see their boss. The children have their own pools and hot tubs.
Parents of children, you can flame me if you want but, rules are meant to be followed, not broken!

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old June 17th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Passenger

I agree, we were on the Enchantment several years ago, and there was a sign in plain sight, no children, well the hot tub was so over run by kids I never enjoyed it once for the full 7 days, splashing and carrying on. So, please if there are rules, enforce them. I have older kids now, in their 20's, had they been with me on a cruise, they would have never entered the hot tub with that sign being there.
Old June 18th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Children have their own special areas on ships...why is it such trouble to ask that children and their parents repsect the adult only areas? Can you imagine the hissy fit these parents and kids would throw if we found our way to the child/teen designated areas (pools and hot tubs and dedicated space) and blatantly took them over?

Old June 18th, 2003, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Lisa, that's it! We need to take over the kiddie pools. I hate it also because I would like to use the hot tub and it's always full of kids and they are old enough to read themselves.
Old June 18th, 2003, 09:48 AM
Admiral

let's all hit the kiddie pool! Yipeee. Rules are there for a reason
Old June 18th, 2003, 11:54 AM
glalonzo

Parents who allow their children in the hot tubs when it is clearly marked "No Children" are teaching their children that it is o.k. to break the rules/laws. Then they (the parents) wonder why little johnny is in prison.
Old June 18th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Yeoman

I like the idea of hitting the kids area. Especially if I see a kid who has been in my hot tub! And their parents!
Old June 18th, 2003, 01:54 PM
Admiral

It isn't healthy at all for kids to be in hot tubs according to most Dr's I have talked to. They should not be allowed in them, period. Those are for soaking and relaxing, not slashing and diving with fins and mask for crying out loud! I have pointed out the sign to those kids that enter while I am in there and even at the occasional parent that comes over to check on why their sweet johnny and susie left the hot tub because of some mean old man. I mean really, water wings, rubber duckies, and snorkel equipment are not for the hot tub! <>
Jim

Old June 20th, 2003, 01:06 AM
SF Sharon

One of the problems I noticed is that the hot tubs aren't hot enough for normal "turnover". When we go to the gym, people leave the tub much earlier in order to cool enough. The hot tubs (on the Star Princess, at least) are too tepid. So, in addition to unsupervised children hanging around in the tubs (where they shouldn't be), the tubs aren't enjoyable anyway.
Old June 24th, 2003, 04:04 AM
Sooshie

Oh I don't know if invading the kiddie pools is a good idea...they tend to be a little warmer than the hot tubs if you catch my drift.

Two years ago I was on the Fantasy with 5 other women in the hot tub. This little kid (probably 12) decides to snorkel in the hot tub. I wonder what he was looking at? Where were his parents?!
Old June 24th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Admiral

You should have kicked the pre-pubescent kid out. {{grin}}

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old July 14th, 2003, 09:04 PM
motts

I agree with this gripe! On my latest cruise in June, I watched many older passengers trying to get into and out of the hot tub but were unable because of the children jumping in and out like it was a pool. The most amazing thing was watching the parents standing by watching all this! Some actually stood by and handed the children their towels. I've raised two children and always put a high priority on respecting rules. Parents cani't expect their children to be respectful of the law if they allow their children to disrespect the rules. I feel the same way about diapers in the pool (expecially the adult pool). One accident and the pool needs to be drained and everyone's vacation is put on hold. Rules are in place for the good of all and should be respected by all. I have no problem with children on cruises - after all they are a great family vacation - but I do have a problem with parents being disrespecful of others by not adhering to the rules.
Old July 15th, 2003, 11:17 AM
sascol

Not to mention Kuki, what is absorbed into the hot tub from the non-waterproof diapers. This is why we NEVER go into hot tubs. I realize there is chlorine in the tub to kill all of that stuff but the thought of it nauseates me.
Old July 15th, 2003, 11:27 AM
char Hempler

I am not anti kids on cruises. But i would never take a child on a cruise myself. I have never been bothered by a child. i love children. But I would definately go to the attendent and ask that the children be asked to leave the hot tub area. Not for the children. they have there own areas. i dont go in theres. HAHA Parents should be more alert to the signs and rules. And obey them also. Happy cruising! Char
Old July 17th, 2003, 11:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

I agree I would NEVER take a small child on a cruise either?I can't imagine packing all the baby food,diapers.etc. I think some of these "irresponsible" parents don't care what the kids are doing as long as they are NOT bothering them! I don't generally get into the hotubs on ships but hubby does and I was watching when a kid in a disposable diaper got in and I went over and whispered to him "you need to get out of the hottub" but he ignored me and came back really mad when he found a "turd" in the hot tub.
Old July 18th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Admiral

They don't stay in the hot tub very long if you hold their heads under water long enough.

Regards,
Thomas(who never uses the "warm" tub)
Old July 18th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: children in the hot tus

hmm snorkle in the hot tub? I have my own gear but I am a wee bit over 12; still though it is a good suggestion.

Old July 19th, 2003, 02:04 PM
Sooshie

John, you are a sick sick man!