Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Beginner

Default Summit with a hole in it !/and more

Just returned from the Celebrity Summit in Alaska. Celebrity has alot of compensation to make up for our lost cruise days and excursions. Anyone else on this cruise? Its obvious that the two who replied were not involved. I'll take it from whence it comes.

Post Edited (07-19-03 20:00)
Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2003, 12:38 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Summit with a hole in it !

Here they come out of the woodwork......

Old July 19th, 2003, 06:31 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Summit with a hole in it !

Lisa, agreed, didn't they get a $300 ship board credit?

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old July 19th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Summit with a hole in it !

Do you kno what appened on board? It seems if you were not there you would have no clue
Old July 19th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Summit with a hole in it !/and more

Read the fine print ??? act of god comes to mind----lol-
Cheers all
Just wish I was on a cruise---
April
Old July 19th, 2003, 11:49 PM
Admiral

What would be fair? What would it take to make the customer happy? How much compensation is needed to satisfy the passenger? The answer to these questions will vary depending on the person. One passenger will be satisfied with a $300 shipboard credit. Another passenger won't be happy unless they get a free cruise. Or more!

I pity the cruiseline for having to determine what resolution most passengers will accept and appreciate.

Regards,
Thomas
Old July 20th, 2003, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Let me see. Didn't the pax get seven nights accomodations, seven days of meals, seven days of entertainment, transit from Seward to Vancouver?

Every cruise contract states that no specific ports are guaranteed. Why do people continue to schedule weddings for ports half way through cruises; don't they know they are taking a big chance?

Think of the folks going to the Eastern Caribbean this week, wonder if they will all complain if they don't get to their favorite port?

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old July 20th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Fair???----- $ 10,000. at least, not counting free cruises for life, letters of apology every month for life---naw, some wouldn't even be satisfied with that.

Face it folks---things happen. I'm sure Celebrity didn't have plans made to run their multi-million dollar ship onto a rock just so they could mess with your cruise for a week.
Some folks just look for something to hop onto and this is one of those things. I too pity the folks at Celebrity having to deal with all those with their greedy little hands sticking out, wanting more and more and more. I recently retired from a job wherein I dealt with the public for more than 30 years and I can tell you truthfully, greed is allive and well.

Wonder how many have already talked with lawyers???
Old July 20th, 2003, 12:56 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Summit with a hole in it !

Jeanne,

To be fair to the other CM's, maybe you should elaborate as to the magnitude of the disaster which was your cruise. Then you could suggest what compensation you are after.

richard
Old July 20th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to DocJohnB
Default Re: Re: Summit with a hole in it !/and more

Richard,

I agree with you, but I want the flexibility to choose the itinerary for my now free annual cruise. Also the 10k is probably just compensation. But you were just being facetious with the monthly letter of apology, weren't you. I get enough junk mail as it is.

I am not sure just what the original poster wants (would be nice if she would give us an idea) and wonder just what (if any) compensation was offered/given by Celebrity.

It was an accident. Of course, I guess the Captain could have "kept to schedule" hoping that the compartment flooding wasn't anything serious. Boy, don't you know there REALLY would have been some complaining if some of their cruise days were spent in a lifeboat.

I have seen on some boards that "Hey it wasn't that bad". I guess it all comes down to You can please all the people, some of the time and some of the people, etc., etc.

DocJohn

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, BUT rather to SKID In BROADSIDE, completely used up, totally worn out, and SCREAMING "WOW---WHAT A RIDE!!"
Old July 20th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Admiral

Read Jeanne Flecks post under Celebrity---she already has a LAWYER---what did I tell ya?? Greed is alive and well---I would be personally embarassed to even think about getting a lawyer over something like this and if I were an attorney, I would be embarassed that my practice was the type that people would want to consult over this.
Old July 21st, 2003, 12:15 PM
Yeoman

Thanks to most of you for the chuckles while dealing with a serious topic. This gives more credence as to why the cruise lines seem so nonresponsive to legitimate complaints. While thousands of us cruise each week with the various companies, there are bound to be glitches. When "RCI" overcharged me $50 last year, I eventually posted a "gripe" based on their ineffectiveness in handling the situation. The more posts I read, I think the system was just clogged with unreasonable people.

P.S. "RCI" gave me far more than my $50 when they did resolve it but it was their choice to be so kind, not because I demanded it!