Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Hot Tub are not Kiddie Pools!

Karo6 As stated in above post it was not against the rules for the kids to be in the hot tub.( on that ship)
If one is always very careful about following the rules , I have a question for you, do you take booze on board to consume in your cabin? I know many do, they also are breaking the rules. Are rules just for children?
As to what is there to argue about I wasn't aware we were argueing, this is a forum where everyone is entitled to thier say, we obviously seee things differently.
The original post on this topic didn' t say anything about rules!?
Old September 4th, 2003, 08:29 PM
Winner

Default Re: Re: Hot Tub are not Kiddie Pools!

pg: perhaps I don't understand your point; because you paid an adult cruise fare for your 13 year-old do you then consider him an adult who may use the hot tubs? If the rules--not suggestions, but RULES--say no children in the hot tubs, why should a 13 year-old be exempt? A 13 year-old is a child; he should not be in the hot tub. End of discussion.
Old September 4th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Kar06

I am 19, so I can't have "booze" and no my family does not smuggle anything on board. No soda, drinks anything. We follow all rules, because we are considerate to other passengers.
Old September 5th, 2003, 06:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

I tend to agree wih Kar06 on many of her views. Very well ststed.
Old September 5th, 2003, 08:27 AM
Kar06

Thanks Sasco...I think I might have been a little harsh in the last one though...
Old September 5th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Maria65

Do you allow your children to use the hot tubs which are designated as adults only?

If there was a sign saying adults only, I would certainly respect that. We have encountered that once or twice at hotels, and the kids don't like it, but they quickly get over it.

I think this represents a bigger issue. Parents should be with their children modelling appropriate behavior in more settings than just hot tubs. As I see it, it's not about age, but behavior. I don't think you can pack your kids away and expect them to be respectful of others all of a sudden at some magical age.
Old September 6th, 2003, 11:11 AM
First Mate

Bravo Philm!! Great shot.. lol. That is exactly what I meant when I created the post. Just got back from Navigator and I'm happy too report that it was not as big an issue on this trip. I attribute it to fewer kids on board and the expanded kids section on Navigator. Waiting for my flight home as I type. I was suprised to find a network on my wireless card at the airport. Ft Lauderdale has free wireless access in the terminal now. Very cool! WIll post review shortly.

Old September 9th, 2003, 05:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Norwegien Sun has a special pool with slide and spa (not as hot as a hot tub) for the kids. When I sailed last year the kids had worked out their own system for using it. They'd been well trained to form lines and lineded up went up one ladder slid around on the seat to other ladder, got out and went back to the first ladder to go in again. They were so cute!

People seem to have spas confused with hot tubs. Hot tubs are those old wooden wine bareles filled with hot water and they aren't recommended for babies. Spas are hoter than the pool and have bubbles.

Kids (especially preteens and teens) that have acces to spas at home don't understand why they are being discriminated against when they are on a cruise ship.
Old September 9th, 2003, 05:52 PM
anita kennedy

I don't mind children from age say 10 or above to use the hot tubs, however, horse play in one is dangerous, hair can get caught in the jets etc. I think they should be accompanied by parent under the age of 14.
Old October 8th, 2003, 06:54 AM
Passenger

Nicely done Lisa... Maybe they should put kiddie hot tubs next to the kiddie pools, and make them a tolerable kiddie temperature, which would allow the adults to have their hot tubs.

Old October 8th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Diana

Do the ships you are complaining about have adult-only pool and spa areas? If so, is the crew choosing not to enforce the rules? I've only cruised on Disney, though we are hoping to get in a Celebrity cruise before we go on the Magic again. On the Magic, the hot tub next to the adult pool was also adult only, and it was enforced by the crew. Diana
Old October 8th, 2003, 09:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

This post hit a nerve with me. Children should not be in the hot tubs - they should be in the kiddie pools. I was trying to enjoy the hot tub on one cruise and a boy around 10 was using the tub to snorkel! It annoyed the heck out of me. I kept wondering where his parents were?
Old October 9th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Yeoman

It's time the cruise personel patrols the pools and hot tubs. They need to get these Kiddies out. I know the parents don't do anything about their children. They think nothing of the problem with kids there. "My baby is so cute. They aren't hurting anyone. Leave them play in the hot tub." Just drives me NUTS. There's a reason they have a sign posted "No children allowed"

Old November 11th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Paul Beighley

I don't know if I should revive this one, but there were a bunch of little kids in the hot tub right by the swimming pool on my cruise on Elation from Galveston on Oct 26. They were in the tub without their patents even though there was a large sign that stated children under 18 not permitted. Several Carnival employees were walking around the area and said nothing.

"I think that tub was full of poop,
You could not get it with a scoop,
I didn't join that little group,
I would not venture in the soup!"

Paul, I Am
Old November 12th, 2003, 12:36 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

On the Island Princess 10/27 - 11/6 - I never ONCE saw a kid in the hot tub....could be that there were only 17 children under 18 on board, but....it was nice not having to fight off the kiddies to ease the aching back and knees!

Old November 12th, 2003, 01:31 AM
First Mate

LMAO!!

Great one Paul

Old November 12th, 2003, 03:41 PM
First Mate

From a health magazine
"Children are more susceptible to over-heating than adults. Parents should not let their children stay in the hot tubs for more than five minutes at a time. Toddlers and infants are particularly susceptible to over-heating and should not be permitted in the pool."
The cruise line have these rules for a reason, but they should also enforce them.

Old January 4th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Mortimes

You can't have the temperature too high in the warm tubs because of the kiddies.
Old January 6th, 2004, 01:56 PM
BC Cruiser

It is unfortunate that the rules are not as clear as some would like and not enforced. On the other hand, some children are very well behaved and respectful. I have allowed my children in hot tubs but we all understood my expectations. Unfortunately, the children who abuse the privilege, have been raised by parents who abuse their responsibility of raising respectful children. It would be best if rules were clear and enforced by ship staff so that all can enjoy their holiday. I don't see how they can have many more hot tubs, but maybe Adult Only hours, ie before noon and after 5pm.
Old January 6th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Passenger

I'm solving the problem in the summer by going on P & O's Adonia which is an adults only ship! Not that we don't like children [I'm a teacher myself] but I think it will more peaceful in the hot tub and around the pools,
Teresa
Old January 9th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Admiral

I just wish somebody would tell me of a ship that actually has a hot tub. All the ones I've been on the water was, at best, warm. I have yet to find a true hot tub. When (if) I do, I'll ask the kids to make room for the adults.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 9th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to disneylynn

The best hot tub with no kids is on the dawn , in the spa.
everytime I went in to the spa it was empty. (and i was on a hoilday cruise)
No children can go in the spa.
Old January 9th, 2004, 09:32 PM
yamanaman

Guestion for Florence

Were'e you on the BF thread? Hope we don't find TR here she was a nut.
Old January 10th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Admiral

My 13 yo took one look at the hot tubs from his lofty new role as a "teen" and said "too many little kids"!!
Ah maturity.......

On the Fantasy they were always full of kids, so we didn't partake. Same with the pools.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old January 11th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Mickie

BC of all the self serving statements I have seen on this board your post takes the cake
You raised your children to be respectful??????? Well then what the heck are they doing in anyplace that the rules say they are not allowed? what is respectful about that?People like you really take the cake and guess what all the other kid in the hot tubs and everywhere else they don't belong have parents JUST like you. Perhaps you might want to think about that fact.
Old January 12th, 2004, 09:35 AM
bmgaritty

Default Re: Re: Re: Hot Tub are not Kiddie Pools!

I have to agree that rules are rules, BC. Why does that not apply to your children?

I think you were very inconsiderate of other passengers...
Old January 12th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Yeoman

I haven't paid attention to how many kids in hot tubs there have been on my cruises, We have never used the hot tubs becuase, well they are hot and we are usaully in hot weather so it doesn't appeal to us. Also on our last cruise on Princess we didn't see anyone much using the hot tubs at all, and I never saw kids in them, but, I will pay closer attention now to a very good point that B.C, brought up. Are the hot-tubs well marked with the actual rules and the ages to which they apply. I personally don't know if a sign that just says no kids is good enough. Is a 15 year old a kid? What about a 12 yr old? In our public pools here the signs that I have seen have been clear, they usaully state NO CHILDREN UNDER (varies from 8 to 14) ALLOWED IN HOT TUBS. So I wonder how well signed and defined the rules are, are some lines better at enforcement than others.? It sounds like Carnival has a problem with this.
Old January 12th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Admiral

On Carnival ships there is a sign posted on the side of the hot tub which says persons under 18 are not allowed in the tub. I've never seen any staffer enforce this rule.

Disappointingly, I've never found the hot tubs to be warm enough to be soothing anyway.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 12th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Passenger

On our recent cruise on Brillance of the Seas, I witnessed ship's personnel asking pre-teens very nicely to leave the hot tub... and they did. Bless his heart... if I had more clothes on I may have tipped him ()
Old January 17th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Marina

i found my own solution to hot tubs with kids, i go to the baby pool, shallow and no kids around