Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2004, 05:04 AM
chloe1

Default Re: Incompetent Travel Agents

Thomas.... I really hope that this doesn't sound as callus as it may look in writing.... you may(or may not) have tried to push the envelope with your T.A. and he/she decided that you were to high of maintanance. I believe what happens when an agent has a high clientele base and when a past client calls in... they forget that you have lots and lots of past clients and they expect the world.... and then the T.A. does try to accommodate to best of their abilities and still.....it's never enough. So, in the end the agent makes a well thought out decision and lets the client go.
I canceled a $35,000.00+ dollar booking because of this ....When the games begin....I don't play...it's not worth my health...no matter what the comm. is.

Life is to short.........

Chloe
Old January 3rd, 2004, 06:36 AM
Passenger

I'm blessed with a great TA but in England most high street TAs know little or nothing about cruising. I also do a lot of research on the net so as not to leave anything to chance,
happy cruising,
Teresa
Old January 3rd, 2004, 07:52 PM
Admiral

fI understand what you're saying Chloe and it's probably true. And it should be true. I know we are not high maintenance because we only ask him to book us on this cruise on this date in this room. We always know in advance what cruise we want and what room. Then we ask for the best price and if he comes within $25 or so of what we find on the internet then he gets the booking.

But, we normally take these 4 day cruises for around $350 and I know he's not making much in commission. He may have decided he doesn't want to deal with business so small. That's good enough for me.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 3rd, 2004, 11:23 PM
chloe1

That's truly sad Thomas.....I had some clients and they didn't have barely 2 nickles to rub together but thought maybe the family would like a vacation, or a honeymoon or first cruise ever. I always made sure that however it was ...what ever life they came from if they needed my assistance they got it.
In fact one time my regional sales rep for "Radisson" was visiting our office and she heard me on the other side of the cubicle and after I was done with the conversation on the phone she came up to me and said ..."I heard you on the phone and you were selling those people that cruise and you would of thought you were selling a $6000.00 dollar cruise(like Radisson) and I told her it doensn't make a differnece how much the cruise cost I would not discriminate against a client just because they weren't spending a lot of money. Who knows they may keep coming back and that would add up or maybe refer people or take that $6000.00 cruise in the future.

Really I think in the end actually "You" did the best thing by leaving your T.A.
Old January 3rd, 2004, 11:25 PM
chloe1

That's truly sad Thomas.....I had some clients and they didn't have barely 2 nickels to rub together but thought maybe the family would like a vacation, or a honeymoon or first cruise ever. I always made sure that however it was ...what ever life they came from if they needed my assistance they got it.
In fact one time my regional sales rep for "Radisson" was visiting our office and she heard me on the other side of the cubicle and after I was done with the conversation on the phone she came up to me and said ..."I heard you on the phone and you were selling those people that cruise and you would of thought you were selling a $6000.00 dollar cruise(like Radisson) and I told her it doesn't make a difference how much the cruise cost I would not discriminate against a client just because they weren't spending a lot of money. Who knows they may keep coming back and that would add up or maybe refer people or take that $6000.00 cruise in the future.

Really I think in the end... actually "You" did the best thing by leaving your T.A.

Chloe
Old January 7th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Evelyn Richardson

Another snafu , another agent. I had booked a cruise for May, paid deposit booking First class air Ft Myers to Honolulu, and Vancouver to Ft Myers Invoice showed this (you know how many $$$$ I had to pay).

With final payment/Ins premium due in Feb, I ran a check with the agent. She was "out " , ran a check with agency Cust Service. Told a) "you are not booked first class you are booked coach"!!! then b) "You will not be on a plane from Vancouver, after leaving the ship you will go by bus to Seattle, and then catch the 11.15PM RED EYE (coach seat) getting to Ft Myers at 10.15AM NEXT DAY." Nearly 26 hours of travel after leaving the ship

You know I got the supervisor on the phone, finally she checked my file. agreed "agent had made errors". Finally got booked First class and what is more I am leaving on a plane from Vancouver 1.15pm getting to Ft Myers at 1.00 am .

Can you imagine what would have happened if I had waited until I got the tickets, 7 days before sailing?

Oh yes that Seattle deal, that is still in place for coach passengers. I pity them