Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Horseracer

Default The Death of Common Courtesy

Cruising, and travel in general, used to be an experience I looked forward to. Now, I find myself spending more time developing strategies to avoid those who just cannot seem to get along with others. Whether it's the saving of lounge chairs, rude behavior in the dining room, getting run over by strollers, or loud conversations in the passageway when most are asleep, I mourn the fact that our self-centered society has abandoned courtesy and respect. I can still enjoy cruising, but I find I'm spending more time on my balcony enjoying a cigar than mingling with the other passengers.
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Default Re: The Death of Common Courtesy

I have to agree 100%.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 8th, 2004, 09:17 AM
HeySailor

Right on, Horseracer! (But please don't smoke that cigar on your balcony if it's next to mine. Heh.)
Old January 8th, 2004, 11:11 AM
starfighter

Oh, I don't think it's all that bad. Just when you think it's never going to stop raining, the sun comes out. And if it doesn't come out as quickly as you'd like, it's good for the garden. I focus on the positive and don't worry about the negative. To me, the glass is always half full, not half empty. For every bad thing or person in this world, there are many more good things or people.
Old January 8th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: The Death of Common Courtesy

I try to not let the actions of others bother me, since I like cruising so much. A bad day on the ship is frequently better than a good day on land. Rude people and actions are certainly not pleasant, but try to ignore then if you can.
Old January 8th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Captain

It's almost impossible to stop people from being rude in crowded situations. The best defense is to avoid overly crowded ships. First, pick a ship with a high passenger to space ratio. This info can be found in www.mytravel.com. Then, get your TA to help you choose desirable times to cruise when the ship is likely to be the least crowded. We actually gave up cruising for a while because of the problems you mention. Now, we've found this method really works.

Thanks,
Richard
Old January 8th, 2004, 03:59 PM
GoatPro

A bad day on a cruise is better that a good day at work eh?

Just don't let it ruin it.....be and incharge of this day kinda person!!!!!!