CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Travel Gripes! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/)
-   -   Cabins for large people (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/295557-cabins-large-people.html)

Stella January 18th, 2004 03:56 PM

Cabins for large people

I have a friend that is 6'3", 250lbs. Do you think he would do okay in a regular cabin? I'm concerned that some ships have small showers and he would have to duck his head all the time.
Thanks for the help.
Stella

Cruiseguy January 18th, 2004 11:03 PM

Re: Cabins for large people

No problem, I'm 6', 240, never had a problem, the shower head slides up and down with more latitude then he will need.

Lisa January 19th, 2004 12:41 AM

Should be no problem at all for him. All showers are small, but they are designed to be user friendly.

readytogo January 19th, 2004 11:02 AM

I'm shorter, but also heavier than your friend and I had no problem. My travelling partner is about the same height as your friend and we found we had lots of room on Carnival Paradise. The shower was large and the shower head moves up and down, so my friend moved it all the way up for him, and I moved (not all the way) down for me. It was perfect! Your friend will be fine!

SAndrea91483 January 21st, 2004 03:04 PM

My fiance is 6'2" and is around the same weight and had no problem at all.

HeySailor January 21st, 2004 03:50 PM

>> The biggest problem I have found is the distance between the end of the bed and the wall. Only one person will get through that space at a one time.<<

Unless you JUMP ON THE BED AND HOP ACROSS IT!

--HeySailor, old enough to act like a grownup, but frequenly unwilling to do so

CruiseKing February 5th, 2004 03:08 PM

I have never had a problem with the rooms or showers being too small.

Glenn

(Did I mention that I am a little person?)

Thomas February 6th, 2004 09:02 AM

On the newer ships the shower head is adjustable up and down. On the older ships he may have to bend over to wash his hair. I'm 6'0" and found that to be the case.

Regards,
Thomas

HiramC February 15th, 2004 02:02 AM

I'm 5' 11" and 480 lbs. I had no trouble in the shower on Carnival Pride.

MichelleM February 16th, 2004 04:03 PM

My brother is 6'5" and didn't have much of an issue when he sailed with us on the Carnival Sensation. As mentioned the shower heads are mounted on a slide bar so they can be adjusted up and down to best fit your height. He only had to duck slightly, which is better then pretty much anywhere else he showers. The shower head was also a removable hand sprayer so if he wanted he could wash that way, I don't know I didn't ask how he showers.

But I know what your friend is worried about, I have been in old hotels where the shower head was mounted at about 5' which is great to wash out the belly button, not so great to wash the hair (I'm also 6').