Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2004, 11:21 PM
bunny

Default My gripe

People who go on a cruise with a negative attitude! That is my biggest gripe. I have been travelling for many years and have never had a bad vacation or a bad cruise. I have had some that were better than others, but I have always found a way to have a good time.
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Passenger

Default Re: My gripe

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Old January 20th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Marina42

Default Re: Re: My gripe

obviously you do not have children, i was on a cruise where the parents {drunk] let their kids run rampant, good thing they didn't fall over board.....i agree we pay for a good time...but get real!! do we want to see baby parts floating in the water?
Old January 20th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: My gripe

You don't have to worry. The sharks will get them! I am not sure what drunk parents have to do with negative attitudes.t
Old January 20th, 2004, 12:14 PM
First Mate

How is that your problem? It's a large ship - if kids are bothering you and staff won't do anything, go somewhere else. i agree wholeheartedly with the original poster. It's all about what you make of it.
Old January 20th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Pea

I don't understand how "kids" got into this gripe. The first two posters never mentioned anything about kids, so MArina's post doesn't make any sense to me.

Pea
Old January 20th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Admiral

Me either, Pea. I'm with you, Bunny - it's what you make it. Yes, of course there are legitimate gripes, but once you address them with the cruiseline, relax and enjoy your cruise.

By golly I spent too much money on my cruise to get bogged down in complaints!

Then again, my dh calls me "Anne Frank" because he says I always find something good in every person and every situation. Does the word naive come to mind? So be it - I'm a happier cruiser (and happier person) for it!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old January 20th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Marina

its not a negative attitude , it becomes one when a few are ruining the whole deck. i actally saw people on the lido deck all move to the other side of the ship to get away from an on going screaming child. no one complained that i know of, we all just moved. mom and baby had whole side of lide deck, but did this dawn on mom? nope, baby cryed self to sleep, was sad for baby. why take little kids on cruises? under 3 yrs of age most kids have nothing to do while rest of us pray the dont fall and get hurt.
Old January 20th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Yeoman

One crying baby does not an entire vacation ruin. I think that is the point of orginal post.
Old January 21st, 2004, 10:02 AM
BC Cruiser

Hey, I have a solution to your problem......ya'll should pool together some $$ to send me on a cruise for this tidbit of valuable advice.
We just got back from the Millie on an easter Caribbean. We were part of a group of 1200. Company convention cruise. Only 14 kiddies on board.!!!!!!!! It was wonderful.
Ask your TA to do some homework and find a convention cruise. It also brought the average age down from 70 to 50. What a great time. Top performers are usually smart people. Not party animals but had an awesome time.
So,,,,,where are my docs?????