Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2004, 08:25 AM
First Mate

Default just a small gripe...

ok so here goes...on our cruise 2 weeks ago I was ill due to some rough seas & my hubby decided to go out & check out the ship( it was day 2 of our cruise).Well he ended up in the disco & being an extrovert he met alot of people.Not a problem!! Well I awoke at 2 am & went to find him ( worried a bit) .There he was with alot of older women....he was just being himself & did not realize that these women had their eyes etc. on him.
Did they ever give me the evil eye as I sat down....Ok whatever!! Well I found out the next day that they were all married but were "lookin" for some "fun"....How NIce!! These women went out of their way to P--s me off...I was shoved in line for the buffet so that "she " could rub her boobs against my man & then we went to the disco & she directly & purposely said" you are a big strong man ,could you go & bring a chair back for me"...& " you don't mind,do you?" at me.....Ok so I am all for makin friends & havin fun but that is just too much. My gripe is "slu--y women who think they can do whatever they want to whomever they want. They were old enough to be his mother .....Ok enuff of my ranting...thanks for lettin me get that off my chest
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Default Re: just a small gripe...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Read my post "Single women back off" from months ago.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 28th, 2004, 10:22 AM
First Mate

funny how they were not really single ..they all had hubbies at home ....now that is just rude...either way!!
Old January 28th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Horseracer

I agree that this is very bad behavior. There is a place for this - it's called Las Vegas.
Old January 28th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Admiral

Maybe I'll be able to get my dh to cruise after all - just show him your post.....Just kidding!

Wonder where their hubbies were hiding???

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old January 28th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Yeoman

Please don't take this as a flame, but your hubby is just a responsible as her. He should have put her in her place.
Old January 28th, 2004, 03:43 PM
First Mate

Fascinating - but maybe you should ask your husband why he was encouraging this kind of behaviour. All HE had to do was make it apparent that he was NOT interested. And personally I don't think asking someone to get you a chair is an overtly sexual come-on but hey I wasn't there. It just fascinates me when women exonerate their husbands and blame other women.
Old January 28th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I agree with zeno.......it is a 50/50 situation.....why did HE not put an end to it in the disco or later on? Don't make excuses for him...it was partly his fault.

Old January 28th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Admiral

Oh c'mon! I would love the attention myself. Unfortunately, I have don't have what it takes to garner such attention. <sigh>

On the other hand, how many of you women who think he is to blame as well, will wear something cute and sexy to attract the attention of men?

Regards,
Thomas (flame suit on!)
Old January 28th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Passenger

Yeah, the man may be guilty too, but if you dangle a steak in front of a dog...

Old January 28th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

All I can say it takes two to tango......and I don't dress to attract attention.

Old January 29th, 2004, 07:54 AM
First Mate

ok so I agree he could have left...but apparently he had told her that he was married & "I love my wife" (as told to me by this older lady who was within earshot & actually went over to them to see what was goin on)...but can you not go & have fun with people ...he was just being himself ( yes he is very extroverted & chatty)...but these women were in their 50's so he did not even catch on to it....that is just too much....come on his mom is only 55!!!! anyways he was given the riot act & apologized but it was more about the behaviour after that bothererd me....come on now to push me out of the way just so she could rub up against him....thats not needed!!! As well as to deliberately ask him when the room was full of other people with that voice" can a big strong man like you go & get me a chair"..." i hope you don't mind"....come on....ladies you know the voice I mean. She really ticked me off....again he was apologetic but I was not impressed. I am not the jealous type it just upsets me that some people will act however they want to get anothers attention. Again I am rantin sorry!!!
Old January 29th, 2004, 09:03 AM
HeySailor

Unless he's blind, deaf and has never left the house, a man knows when a woman is obviously coming on to him. (Subtle come-ons are harder; we all puzzle over those.) And to tell someone "I'm married and I love my wife" pretty well clinches that he was aware of what was going on.

But I guess I'm not understanding what the big deal is. If these women were his mother's age, he's never indicated any attraction to significantly older women, and you're certain he wouldn't cheat on you, then the guy just likes to flirt and be flirted with. If you are really offended or hurt by his verbal flirting, you need to tell him that, and if it happens again, then you know you've got a problem with his lack of respect for your feelings.

I think physical contact is quite another thing--I'm curious to know what he did when this woman "rubbed herself against him."
Old January 29th, 2004, 09:59 AM
McCall

Default Re: Re: just a small gripe...

I would have said," I sure as bleep do mind now get your bleep out of here!"
Old January 29th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

you should be glad you showed up when you did.. younger men love older women for a night of fun, i would say that you caught him in the act and somehow he talked his way out of it....
Old January 29th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: just a small gripe...

Everyone seems to want to rub against me. Perhaps it is because I wear big fluffy bath towels for my clothing!
Old January 29th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Admiral

In a way you should be glad women are attracted to him. The only attention I get these days is from the wiener dog when I'm carrying steaks to the grill.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 29th, 2004, 12:27 PM
HeySailor

Paul, you goof. That was funny.
Old January 29th, 2004, 02:26 PM
First Mate

ok so he knew & just shrugged it off....yes I am p-ed off but it was mostly over the women & her effort to keep comin on to him.Yes he was drunk & flirting but she kept at it all week & he never even spoke with her again.He did get her a chair ,as she put him in an ackward spot(in front of alot of people) . I believe he would never do anything it was just a gripe as to the lack of respect women give to other women & their spouses.Enough said!!!!!!
Old January 29th, 2004, 03:50 PM
HeySailor

...and the lack of respect some husbands give to their wives (or vice versa)?
Old January 30th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Passenger

Hummm...I wonder what he would have done if you hadn't showed up and ruined all his fun! You should have watched from a distance...maybe not!

Old January 31st, 2004, 12:27 PM
First Mate

it was not a lack of trust for me towards him....he is 100% faithful & has never caused me to 2nd guess him....This gripe has taken on a life of its own. He has always been outgoin & friendly but that is just his nature.Well anyhow...thanks for listenin to me rant...I never expected the response.
Old February 5th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Admiral

Sorry you had a hard time, Sassy, but makes me even MORE glad to know my husband would never make me feel that way, ESPECIALLY on a well-deserved, expensive vacation!

Hopefully he will be more considerate of your feelings in the future...obviously it upset you...

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old February 13th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Cavewoman

Dear Sassy,

Looks like your hubby was too irresistable to the women out there. Congrats to you for having him by your side! I pity the older women who couldn't help themselves from behaving the way they did. Despite their efforts, they didn't stand a chance! Hehe...
Old February 14th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Admiral

Another side note, when hubby & I previously vcationed in Vegas, he was beat and went up to the room....I, on the other hand, was wide awake and wasn't ready to hit the sack just yet, so I went downstairs and played cards for quite awhile and had a blast, no flirting, no encouraging men to hang around, etc,. etc., My husband trusts me completelyl (and vice versa!) and would never come down and find me in the company of the opposite sex...

Good luck to you!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old February 16th, 2004, 01:58 PM
First Mate

ok so this rant went a little farther than I expected....I know my hubby is a cutie & lots of women find him attractive but he has never been unfaithful & I know he never would be. My gripe was more about the lack of respect these women gave me ....the looks,the pushin me outta the way & then even the chair thing.My hubby is a genuinely nice guy & he loves to talk to people. I know that he should have spoke up & acted a little different but he knows he & I love each other & that these women were nothing so he just basically tried to stay away from them after that first nite. It was a misunderstandin on both our parts I guess, maybe I was too quick to assume & he was way too nice.
Old February 16th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Admiral

Yeah, I agree with you Sassy. When Mrs. Thomas found me smooching on a little hot Telemundo babe in the disco one night she realized she misunderstood and was way too quick to assume. After all she tripped into my lap and I bent over to help her up when Mrs. walked in! <wink>

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 16th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I have been there and you just got lucky and caught him before it was too late. This is a true story. When I was still married, I attended a wedding in Orlando. My wife was tired and went to the room to go to sleep. I stayed up and partied 'til 4 AM. I happened into the elevator to finally go back to the room. There was a lovely young lady in there with me (by chance), when the doors opened onto my floor she was getting out as well. Her husband had been wandering the hotel looking for her only to see her coming out of an elevator at 4 AM with me . A small squirmish ensued waking up people on the floor, including my wife, the father of the bride and a few other heads poking out to see what was going on. It truly was innocent but I had a hell of a time explaing that one and never really lived it down. It was brought up again years later during the divorce. I can hear it now, "remember when we were on that cruise and...?"

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old February 17th, 2004, 06:12 AM
First Mate

I am just upset that you are calling women in their 50's old !!!!!!
Bobbie
Old February 17th, 2004, 07:11 AM
First Mate

sorry they are not old just older .enuff said!!