Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 15th, 2004, 11:21 AM
ColDoc

Default Spray Valium

After reading this forum for over three years, I am continually amazed by the gripes/complaints members relate about "other" people on cruises who are rude, inconsiderate, impatient, etc.

Wouldn't it be nice if along with your cruise docs, you receive a spray can of valium to use when necessary once a cruise begins?

I can already hear the hiss of spray cans going off as we wait in line for someone to discover that they haven't filled out their forms yet and are the couple stading in front of you in line. Or how about the old guy who HAS to be first in the ice cream line, or the woman who must sit in a particular chair for the evening entertainment.

If there was a way to get this product designed, I'd buy stock in the pharmaceutical company that could bring it to market and the first cruise line that handed it out while your luggage is being unloaded from bus as your cruise experience begins.

ColDoc
Sponsored Links
Old December 15th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Spray Valium

ColDoc:
The potential for overdose is too high for administering diazepam in this manner. However their is a product called Diastat that is administered at the other end. It would be good for the obnoxious traveler. That way when you tell them to "shove it", it would be for medicinal purposes. <VBG>

Take care,
Mike
Old December 15th, 2004, 12:38 PM
First Mate

I love this idea. If some in front of you is arguing with the security officer who is searching their bags for alcohol, you can just spray them and they will calm right down.

Royale 5/85; Oceanic 7/85, 5/86, 5/89
Veracruz 7/88; Fantasy 7/97;
Tropicale 6/98; Sov. Seas 6/99;
Sensation 5/03, 5/04; Glory 9/03,Triumph 9/04; Pride 3/05
Old December 16th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Admiral

MIke, you're so bad you're good.....

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old December 17th, 2004, 11:38 AM
First Mate

I have people argue with me all the time before the cruise. Somehow people get the idea they should be given a cruise for anytime at any price they want. I could imangine what happens when they go on a cruise.

splendor of the seas
Old December 18th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Admiral

how about we just get tasers and zap the moaners - ;o) I'm laid up with a broken shoulder so i'm getting really grumpy. bring on those gripes lol, ttfn jennifer
Old February 8th, 2005, 02:33 PM
piglet492

How true! You should expect a certain amount of ease with a trip that you pay so much for. Although you should also keep in mind that these companies are dealing with thousands disembarking, thousands embarking, restocking foodstuffs, cleaning staterooms, and the list goes on and on. A certain amount of patience shouldn't be that difficult. After all, it's suppossed to be a vacation......relax and go with the flow. Yes you may run into a few bumps along the way, but ultimately, your vacation is what you make of it!
Old February 8th, 2005, 03:35 PM
First Mate

Personally, I would like to be the owner of the rehab hospital set up right buy the cruiseline that takes in and treats all of the addicted people after that cruise.

Old February 8th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Actually it would take a large amount of diazepam for a person to overdose. benzodiazepines only cause around 6 deaths per million, and most of them are not from diazepam, but rather temazepam and flurazepam. Also deaths are usually associated with alcohol ingestion as well as taking the medication.

Sorry not trying to be a smarty pants, but this is one topic I know a little about.

and I agree with tamie, the rehab clinic would make a fortune

haley

Old February 8th, 2005, 05:58 PM
First Mate

To be totally honest with everyone Haley, more deaths from Benzodiapams come from improper withdrawl care than from overdose or mixing with alcohol.

Old February 8th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

I bet you are right, I didn't get to that yet in pharmacy school. I will have to ask someone.

Once a professor told me he told someone who was being grumpy that they needed more fiber. The older man said "I get plenty of fiber buddy!" then he realized what he was saying and just got in his car. nice.

haley

Old February 8th, 2005, 08:06 PM
First Mate

The risk of death has to do with the high risk of going into seizures from the withdrawl. That is why most patients are hospitalized for detox. If memory serves me the only withdrawl that is more dangerous is from alcohol.

Old March 10th, 2005, 08:07 AM
MagnoliaBlossom

Guys - lighten up - it's a joke!
Yep, the spray Valium is a grand idea. We could further use it on blackjack players who've never played, couples who choose to have embarrassing arguments at poolside, those who block every aisle and gangway by being clueless, smokers in non-smoking area, obnoxious, unsupervised children (may as well take out the parents too, if you can find them), those who come to the dining room as everyone else is ordering desert, and last but not least - the fools who just have to blow the life vest whistles during the muster drill!
Old March 10th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Laurie Qualls

they need a Jenny Craig rep.,outside of every returning ship....food overdosed...lol