Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Quitecontrary

Default Hot Tub HOGS

Hello all, on NCL Dawn (2/22-2/29) Didn't have much trouble with CHAIR HOGS... but was astounded at the HOT TUB HOGS! The first day at sea, chilly, so no one was in the pool, but people used the FOUR hot tubs surrounding the pool. Oh, wait, for 2,100 of us only two hot tubs were available. The other two were stuffed with about the same 15 people (each) who sat in there ALL DAY...They drank in the tub all day, they ATE in the tub all day, (might I suggest they relieved themselves in the tub all day? I wouldn't be suprised) Each person had a big ol plate of BBQ perched on the edge of the tub. And boy, they postured in the tub and looked around as though they were the kings of the hill. Kinda like, "my tailgate party is WAY better then yours!" The obvious trouble was, they didn't own the tub, but appeared to believe they did.

I would say this is a "cruise complaint" and I have very few as I am pretty good at filtering out 99% of things. Actually, on my botheredness scale I guess it was a 3, I remember it, but doesn't make me really, really angry. Actually, my husb. and I idly discussed how much fun it would be to belly up the the tub, do the old "pardn me, scuse me" routine and plop our butts right in there with them with a big ol smile on our face, acting as falsly oblivious as they were. We felt the tub was probably too gross, so nixed the idea. And believe me, we would have if it were not for the "YUCK" factor! Human behavior is absolutely AMAZING!!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2004, 08:11 PM
pg,

Default Re: Hot Tub HOGS

Eww, I agree the water was probaly so polluted, some people need to travel in "packs" like the animals they are!
Old March 7th, 2004, 09:00 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan

It is really hard to believe adults would act like that. I have seen this happen several times at various places and just can not comprehend how people could be so rude and thoughtless.
Old March 8th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Just another one of those "it's my vacation so I can do I want to do". I hate that! Of my 6 cruises only 1 time were we able to use the hot tub only because we came back early on a port day.
Old March 8th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to disneylynn
Default Re: Re: Hot Tub HOGS

I think you should of jumped in the middle of them with a bar of soap in your hands and started washing under your arms,( Like in a bathtub) Lets see how fast they would jumped out ()
Old March 9th, 2004, 12:14 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Hot Tub HOGS

This thread just provided the primary reason why my wife and myself will never use a hot tub on a ship. The second reason is the little kids that get into the hot tubs. We are not interested in sitting in poop soup!