CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Travel Gripes! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/)
-   -   Cruiselines that don't have a kiddy pool (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/295686-cruiselines-dont-have-kiddy-pool.html)

Mike Sr. March 20th, 2004 07:19 PM

Cruiselines that don't have a kiddy pool

Why is it that some lines want young familys but don't have a child pool for the toddlers. I called HAL to get rates for next year. They told me the new Vista class is for young familys. When asked about a child pool their response was no on all of their ships. Now I know many of you would back me up on this, not wanting to see my sons in YOUR pool. Many parents have been forced to use the regular pool on summer sailing. Now I am not a fly in the ointment and don't want to piss in YOUR pool but if this attitude keeps up, HAL will never see a penny of my money. Celebrity and Princess do like seeing my green. No I am not a millionaire, but I do work hard for my money. HAL must remember one thing. My kids and I are the future for cruising. Eight cruises and counting in 10 years of marriage is not to shabby. My sons wish they were going this year, but with me in college it's not going to happen. Peace to all.

pg. March 20th, 2004 07:25 PM

Re: Cruiselines that don't have a kiddy pool

I agree that there should be a kiddy pool or at least a splash fountain type area for the kids, they pay to cruise too!
Many will cite the "hygiene" aspect of kiddy pools , well then set up a splash fountain , kids get hot too!!!!!
Cruising with a family is not cheap , so yes if the cruise line promotes themselves as being family friendly then they should put up the facilities needed for kids, otherwise people will let their kids" break the rules" and use the adult facilities. At a thousand bucks a kid( airfare included) kids count as paying customers!!!

Mike Sr. March 20th, 2004 07:33 PM

Thank you. To be honest as a parent I am a little concerned with some of the pushing that goes on in the main pool. I feel pretty safe when my kids have their own deck and pool area. I think it's best for everyone.

starfighter March 21st, 2004 09:24 AM

Amen to that! I look forward to the day when I don't have to complain to security about kids in the main pool acting like they were raised by wolves. It's very uncomfortable having to get up in some parent's face who thinks their child is God's gift to the world and the rest of us are just garbage.

sassy March 22nd, 2004 11:43 AM

this goes along with the other gripe about in the pool by asealady......the kiddies wanna cruise too,they do need to cool off & have fun....

Mike Sr. March 22nd, 2004 02:15 PM

David I can understand your views as far as crusing but I will never be a HAL cruiser. When I become a grand father, I intend to take the grand kids. I would rather be dead than not to have my family around me.

Shelly123 March 25th, 2004 09:41 AM

Mike

We've been on cruises with no kiddie pool. My daughter just swims in the main pool and we watch her like a hawk. After all, if some of the adults choose not to be around children, they can certainly go to the solarium pool (on RCI anyway). It would be nice to have a kids area on every cruise but we usually have a nice time in the main pool as well.

Shelly