Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2004, 06:30 PM
Yeoman

Default Cruisefree.com

Theres an advertisement for this company on Cruisemates. they say will will beat anyones price or your cruise is free (think a moment about that). Anyway I gave them a legitimate booking that I have made from a different company here on Cruisemates (great price and service). How does Cruisefree.com keep from giving you a better quote? Simple if they can't beat it they don't answer your e-mails.

Cruisemates staff, I would look into this one.
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2004, 10:29 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruisefree.com

It's the same tactic as car dealerships use. "If we can't beat their price we give you $150 cash." Guess what, you will never see their $150 cash because they will offer you the car for $1 less than the competition.

Regards,
Thomas
Old June 23rd, 2004, 01:29 AM
Yeoman

Thomas, your right. But. This IS Cruisemates and I think any advertisers here should be held to a higher standard. Most of them are great but I think this one slipped thru the cracks. I even called them after I made my post and complained that they did not answer THEIR online questionare. That was yesterday morning. I verbaly gave them my booking info. They said they would get back to me today. Guess what? Nothing. I think that Cruisemates should look into any of their advertisers that members complain about. It all has to do with advertising credibility.
Old June 23rd, 2004, 09:39 PM
Admiral

I agree. I'm sure the CM staff will investigate but when advertising dollars are required to keep the web site operating and Kuki cruising, then I'd be surprised if the dollars are cut off unless there is a waiting list to advertise on this site.

Regards,
Thomas
Old June 23rd, 2004, 10:13 PM
Yeoman

Good thinking Thomas, but it comes down to this. If I can't trust one Cruiemates advertiser, why should I trust any of them? Also if I was an advertiser on a site that knew there were some less then honest companies on the same site I would pull my ad because I would not want to be associated with it. In a sence, I would be guilty by association. Cruisemates has the highest integrity and we all trust their judgment. They are in this for the long haul not the quick buck. Kuki just may have to sail 4 times a year instead of 5. .
Old June 24th, 2004, 07:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

Since this board is supposed to be used to exchange information.....and I really don't feel like playing cruise advertiser roulette....do you think that you could give us the name of the advertiser. It really would help!
Old June 24th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Well, advertising and advertisers aren't my dept. and I've never used the agency in question. But... let's take a realistic view of advertising in general.

Do you hold your local newspaper, radio, or television stations responsible for the performance of all of their advertisers? And are any magazines you might happen to subscribe to, or purchase, held to the same standard of being responsible for their advertisers?

Now.. if every seller of advertising in any medium were to cancel an advertiser because one of it's readers or viewers had something bad to say about them, it's quite likely that no one would have any advertisers.

If it was shown that an advertiser was doing something illegal, or had numerous complaints against it, then most legitimate businesses would refuse that advertising, as I'm sure CruiseMates would as well.

When we choose agents to handle our CruiseMates group cruise, we require them to deliver what they promise. And we choose those agents carefully.

However, I don't think anywhere else on the site you'll find any warrantees of performance in regard to the advertisers on the site. It's the same as life in general; being a consumer is always a case of buyer beware.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 24th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Yeoman

Kuki, in some respects I agree with you. I have booked 2 cruises thru Cruisemates advertisers and had the best of luck with them. I also know what criteria you require of an agency that does Cruisemates Cruises. You see, because of your strict advertising requirements I expect a higher degree of integrity and business practices from ALL your advertisers. I don't expect that thru a newspaper, magazine or any other media that I am not a member of.

All I'm asking is that Cruisemates looks into it. If I'm an isolated case, then its something I have to handle. If on the other hand, my complaint is justified, I think Cruisemates owes it to thier membership to remove them.
Old June 30th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Cruiseguy, griping on this board isn't the way to get the attention of the advertising staff. <G> You need to e-mail the editor@cruisemates.com and let him know what problems you are having. I used to do the advertising but the demands of the message boards and chat have eliminated me from working in this area.
Jim