Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Grumbling tourists

We just got off the Majesty of the Seas (this morning) and the complaining on board was terrible. People were upset because the captain decided to keep us safe and away from Jeanne. We went to Key West on Saturday and then behind Cuba to hide on Sunday. The Captain got us within 3 miles of Havana (as close as he could) so we could have a good view. They also gave every statetoom a room credit. I was amazed by the amount of people who complained that we should have gone to Nassau and it was just terrible that RCI ruined their cruise. I was thankful to have a nice cruise. The Captain kept us out of rough seas and kept us updated on every move he made. I live in Florida so this was supposed to be a relaxing time away from Hurricanes, and thanks to RCI, it was.
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Grumbling tourists

some people are just never happy ----had the ship gone to a place that they wanted they would then be unhappy because it rained or the shops were closed or some other inane thing

Old September 27th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to banker Send a message via Yahoo to banker

Intersting, but I just got off Majesty last Monday and we didn't go to cococay and spent a day at sea instead, nobody really complained!!!

I kinda wished we had gone to key west instead of the day at sea - there - now I'm screaming, grumbling, and griping!!

banker

Old September 27th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Admiral

We had some grumblers on the Glory, too, but my family had a wonderful time - 4 days at sea *sounded* like too many, but it truly wasn't. AND we were safe from the hurricanes rumbling around - what more could we have asked for?

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old September 28th, 2004, 02:12 AM
Admiral

Our cruise itinerary was changed around a lot due to hurricanes a couple of years ago. We received no credit, but were just as happy as clams to be kept safe and to be lucky enough to be able to cruise, so no complaints there!

The cruise director and other staff worked hard to make it an enjoyable trip. They managed to set up addl shore excursions on short notice to ports that we had no intention of stopping at.

How cranky can people be?? PLEASE!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old September 28th, 2004, 08:12 AM
First Mate

The value of the complainers is that they help you re-affirm the fact that your life is not miserable.
Those that relish wallowing in misery only highlight the benefits of living well!

And the funny thing is that they actually think their moaning and grumbling will cuase others to change their opinion....
Old September 28th, 2004, 09:49 AM
First Mate

I must admit that I am always surprised when people who choose to cruise during hurrican season complain when ports are missed etc. There is a reason why fall caribbean cruises are cheaper. Oh well at least it gives them something to complain about.
Old October 14th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

I agree that constant complainers are annoying. We had a great time on our last cruise, but we constantly heard people whining about this or that, and it was the most picyune stuff! Some people just love to be miserable. I have no complaints about my last cruise, Sapphire Princess to Mexican Riviera. The ship was immaculate. What do people expect? Consider how complicated it is to feed 2600 people 3 times a day! It's amazing that it all gets done without a hitch, let alone it be restaurant-quality cuisine. Give the crew the credit they are due. They always have a good attitude and are courteous. they deserve their tip.
Old October 14th, 2004, 02:22 PM
JaneMarlow

When I was a travel agent, I had clients complain they didn't like the quality of the sand on the beach. I think this was in Cabo. Complaining comes naturally to some.
Old October 19th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Evelyn Richardson

Default Re: Re: Grumbling tourists

I think some of you will get a smile out of the following.

Hurricane "Charley"
A resident left ahead of Hurricane (OK it was her right), she did not come back for 10 days, because "the building has no power or water" (again her right), but when she returned she posted a nasty snippy note to those of us who "survived" because "no one saved her daily papers for the 10 days she was away "saying "if you took them to read, return them "!!!!!

Snowbirds who came back last week, complained that "no one had the repair people fix their A/C " (almost all where blown off their mounts or like mine blown away completely).
They complained they had to "wait a week to get theirs serviced, and it was very uncomfortable" - even though now the weather is much cooler than in Aug, when Charley destroyed so much of the tow-17,000 homes damaged or destroyed.

Isn't it amazing how absurd some "gripes" can be
Old October 19th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

As I have said here before:

There are people in this world that would have griped about the seating arrangements at the "Last Supper" or would have complained about the lifeboat they were given on the Titanic!
Old November 17th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Captain

I've got no gripe whatsoever when a ship has to change its itinerary to avoid a hurricane. Trust me, it is much better than sailing right through on, as we did on the RCI Splendour Boston to Canada in 1999. No ship should sail in those conditions unless for military reasons!

Thanks,
Richard
Old December 12th, 2004, 09:04 AM
First Mate

One more question.....was there any regionlal identification to the gripers?