Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2004, 09:04 PM
WrightV

Default Need Information on the Celb-Summit

Have a cruise planed for September 05, First time on Celeb- Summit. I have been on several ships, I have heard this is a very stuffy and snoby group. Any one out there know anything about this cruise line. We are in our 40's and love to have fun, dance, sing and have a few drinks. Is this the ship for us?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2004, 09:53 PM
tm249

Default Re: Need Information on the Celb-Summit

Hi!
This past March we sailed on Celebrity- Milli. The group we went with ranges in age from 20's to 50's. It seemed to us, that they really tried to put you to bed at night. Most things were closed up by 11:30. Except one of the bars on the back of the ship was open until 1:00. There were maybe 6 people out there at max. There was no food/buffets open past 12:00. You could still order room service from a select menu after that hour, but a 'select menu'. They did have dancing most nights and kareoke on 2. There seemed to be, at least to us, an older crowd 60-70's population on the boat. Dont get me wrong, we did have a good time, but some of us wished there was more to do at night and more of a lively crowd to join in. If you guys like going to bed earlier at night, so you can get up earlier, then this cruise line may be for you. We just would have liked to of had more to do after dinner, then we were full, happy and ready to have some fun.
Old October 15th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Not quite sure why you're posting this question in cruise gripes, but.......

I don't think you'll find Celebrity either stuffy or snobby. I've been on a number of Celebrity ships, and the line as a whole is one of my favorites.

In Nov. I am doing back to back cruises.. first week on Carnival Victory, second on the Celebrity Millennium. I expect both to be excellent cruises, though different from each other. But then my expectations will be different on each as well.

If you're going on a 7 day Summit cruise, you'll probably be amongst plenty of other 40 somethings. Whether or not the ship's night life will be active enough for what you're after might be the more important question.
And that will vary from week to week depending on your fellow cruisemates. One of the most fun and energetic deck parties I've ever seen was on a Celebrity ship. On another Celebrity ship, I wondered where everyone was hiding after 11. It all depends on that weeks crowd.

On the Summit your best bet for some "action" at night will be in the disco from around 11PM on. There will be entertainment, dancing etc earlier on in the Rendezvous Lounge, and Champagne Bar area though.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 15th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Admiral

Here we go

"I have heard this is a very stuffy and snoby group".....From who?

The people saying this, do you value their opinion, do they think the same way as you and have the same social values? If so the answer could be yes

Then again theres a good chance you will not feel the same and have a good time.

Cruising does not have a Vanilla flavour, each ship and line offer different flavours of the experience, people met onboard and the choice of what you as an individual want out of it .

There is no such thing as a "stuffy and snoby group" unless individually hand picked to be there, and even then its only in the eye of the beholder and their comfort,,social skill and ability to deal with it.

Having said all that I guess you will love it, just be yourself. Go do it and dont worry.

But please remember that your fellow passengers could have went to a more loud, party ship, less formal regarding dress for dining. They did'nt. So please respect dress code <g>. Just thought that may be the "stuffy snoby" bit. Is that the problem dress?

Post Edited (10-15-04 14:47)
Old October 16th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Passenger

Lovey and I often Holliday on the Summit when the weather begins to get obserdly chilly at our home in the Hamptons. We've yet to enjoy the company of anyone even remotely snobbish in the least.

How did that sound. Well, if thats sounds stuffy and snoby to you dont worry because I have never met anyone like that on the Summit. I,m 42 and last year on the Summit there was plenty happening well into the night.
Old October 18th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Admiral

Another example of post and run from the thread starter..gets right on my whatever
Old October 29th, 2004, 10:31 PM
CruzCrazy

I cruise RCL and Celebrity only and I would rather be on a Celebrity cruise. I find the passengers to be courteous, friendly, can hold a conversation and no kiddies. I never found any snobbiness on Celebrity. I just came off the Constellation and I would definately go back again. I sailed the Summit last year and it was the best cruise I had been on. If you want relaxation, good food, drinks and service, then Celebrity is for you.

The longer cruises you will find an older crowd and usually more Europeans, which you might mistake their lack of English to snobbiness.

Keep in mind the 7-night cruisers will probably have a younger crowd, especially the Caribbean cruises.

If you want to be entertained 24-hours you might want to consider Royal Caribbean or even Carnival.
Old November 6th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Summit is our favorite ship of all. Been on it 3 times. Millie is only a 7 nighter so the people might go to bed earlier, but it also depends on the people on that particular cruise. On Summit you can go all night long, go up to Revelations after the last show.

Old November 6th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Admiral

Why are people replying to this post? They did'nt, so save your fingers and let it die. If they really cared they would have come back to reply or ask again.

And poster if you need more info ask your TA or the Celeb thread, one gets paid for it, asking on here its a two way thing, we call it a conversation

A simple reaction to your post is that too much to ask, is it? Okay I expect it is

Bye

DavidB

Post Edited (11-06-04 15:26)
Old December 30th, 2004, 03:13 PM
BehindTheShutter

Default Re: Re: Need Information on the Celb-Summit

Wonderful. We had heard we could expect alot less children on Celebrity (Summit) I don't mind well-behaved children, unfortunately they seem to be the exception rather than the rule.