CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Travel Gripes! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/)
-   -   Clothing optional (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/295868-clothing-optional.html)

SLG November 3rd, 2004 12:40 PM

Clothing optional

We are looking for a cruise **** that has a clothing optinal deck. Can anyone help?

sea angel November 3rd, 2004 01:28 PM

Re: Clothing optional

I believe that Carnival has one. Ask you TA to check. I have sailed on Princess many time and they do not allow nude sun bathing and nor does Holland America.
Good luck and remember the suncreen on your happy places!
Happy sails, Sea Angel

jnky November 3rd, 2004 01:30 PM

just returned from the Fascination, and it had clothing optional top deck....

Donna November 3rd, 2004 02:01 PM

Actually Carnival has a topless deck, not clothing optional. I haven't heard of a ship with that?

Kuki November 3rd, 2004 04:03 PM

The cabins are clothing optional.... but Mrs Kuki doesnt allow it<G>

mikey09 November 3rd, 2004 06:15 PM

I sailed on Carnival and sat at the main pool with a foreign family that sun bathed toppless and no one said a thing to them Everyone around them discussed them, but I don't think they understood much english. To me it wasn't so bad its the old guys in the speedos that gross me out.

Donna November 3rd, 2004 06:20 PM

Re: Re: Clothing optional

Oh Mikey,
But I just love those old guys in their speedos [/]NOT[/b]

Ron November 3rd, 2004 10:22 PM

Carnival does not have " clothing optional " sunbathing. They do have a small area around the base of the funnel where the ladies may sunbath without a top if they so desire. It is not " topless ". It is " tops optional " meaning simply that you may bare if you dare, or keep 'em covered. No biggie one way or the other.

Lisa November 4th, 2004 01:25 AM

Carnival and Celebrity have "tops optional"sun bathing decks (on Celeb it is on the Millie class ships.) If you MUST have nude sunbathing, check the islands you are going to......if some of the are French, you will find somebeaches that are clothing optional.

alison1170 November 4th, 2004 05:16 AM

There was one woman going topless on Labadee when we stopped there. Ive spent time in Europe (a summer in Nice going to the beach daily) and it never bothered me. You could always spot the American guys as they walked around with the mouths open or smirking! However, in Labadee it bothered me a little since no one else was doing it, and there were lots of kids / teens (it was a New Years cruise-more kids than adults on board). The men sure got a kick out of it though! Just watching them gawk over this woman was pretty funny (let's just say there wasn't much to see)!

alison

jnky November 4th, 2004 01:22 PM

whoops..I misspoke!! I meant to say topless....mea culpa!

Rescue 156 November 10th, 2004 09:27 AM

Breaking down Carnival a little--

Holiday Class ships I am not sure about

Fantasy Class have the top optional deck around the funnel as someone already said

Destiny Class I believe has one in the same location, however not totally sure, same for Conquest Class

Spirit Class--I didn't see a deck with any clothing options or anything like that.

Hope this can help.

DavidB November 10th, 2004 02:59 PM

Hey guys its another hit and run post, not a gripe, not an issue. Just someone posting a daft question and then pi**ing off, no reply, and no comment to other posts.

Thats not natural for real Gripers posting their thoughts SLG.

Neither is showing me your bits or me showing you mine on a "normal cruise". If your talking topless fine, its you guys that seems to have a problem with it, here in Europe its the norm.

But,, but, but and big but (pardon the expression) anything below the first fold line sorry, keep that at home in front of the mirror, like one on one, do want to see it, dont need to see it. Ships are small places,,really.

Although I have heard some lines do one off nude cruises, so please explain SLG, are we talking topless or butchers counter display. As reaction could differ depending on state of undress

David <G>,,,,,yuk, too many visuals>>

Post Edited (11-13-04 14:38)

Dave the Wave November 10th, 2004 05:22 PM

Hey, DavyB you are back!

DavidB November 13th, 2004 02:15 PM

Yeah, I'm back......... but to what? We have too many question askers on Cruisemates and not enough people willing to stick their head above the parapit and discuss on gripes.

As you can tell from the reply my couple of weeks in rehab worked, they tell me I dont say contraversial things anymore.. Is that right or was it a waste of money <g>

How are doing bud, still chasing those young or not so women port to port, bucket of beer in hand???

Post Edited (11-13-04 14:39)

hazelson November 13th, 2004 07:27 PM

Hi guys - I've been out with a chest cold for a few days - and those of you who have seen my chest know that it's pretty serious lol. DavidB - why would anyone want to be cured of being controversial - better than being boring :o) I say let's keep up the good - er bad - work. TTFN Jennifer

BehindTheShutter December 30th, 2004 03:04 PM

I'm glad most ships don't offer that, most of the people I've seen on a cruise I would not want to see naked or even topless. UGH

banker December 30th, 2004 03:10 PM

ok Shutter, stop making comments about me!

banker

BehindTheShutter December 30th, 2004 03:15 PM

Re: Re: Re: Clothing optional

Now, now pipe down, you have a very sexy body and were not included in the group I was thinking of. The group I was thinking of included anyone with 'rolls' anywhere on their body or their boobs sagging to their kneecaps.

banker December 30th, 2004 03:23 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Clothing optional

how nice of you Shutter, I guess you can't tell I had an expert boob job done eh?

banker

BehindTheShutter December 30th, 2004 03:55 PM

Wow....amazing. I would have never guessed, they are still soft to the touch. LOL

banker December 30th, 2004 03:59 PM

soft, yes, but still retain that necessary firmness........

k must stop before CM board police delete my pitiful existence

banker

Cassandra January 2nd, 2005 05:26 PM

I know Royal Caribbean doesn't offer anything "less" on any of their ships.

HOWEVER, if you are looking for a cruise line that does full nudity, there are small ships that offer this.

Look in the very back of any Travel magazine in the advertisement sections. There are a few companies that do nudity cruises (or some sort). I've seen it I think it was in Travel & Leisure magazine? You can get any of these magazines at your favorite bookstore or anyplace else that sells magazines. Just flip to the very back & check out the advertisements.

Try that.