Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to banker Send a message via Yahoo to banker
Default Re: "BEWARE" NCL makes false charges to your Credit Card day

i"m not that delusional to think I don't work evenings and Sundays.

but Happy, why do you "rush" to pay your bill, don"t you just pay your balance once a month anyway?

Personally, I always use my platinum preferred, elite, select, rewards, wealthy, charming, terribly handsome members visa card and never had a problem with it. I have been charged erroneously a couple of times but never really had a problem with the charges (and no, the card is not drawn on the bank that I work for).

The nightmares are getting worse, they still involve my wife, and I'm always falling, constantly falling deeper and deeper into tax arrears, then I wake up just before declaring bankruptcy!

banker

Post Edited (02-05-05 11:33)
Old February 8th, 2005, 01:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: "BEWARE" NCL makes false charges to your Credit Card day

Not to put the fear in any of you but we worked a $50,000 fraud case and it was so simple an 8 year old could do it. People would steal a purse, run to the bathroom write down the credit card numbers and expiration dates and then turn the purse or leave it in the bathroom. They then took the numbers put them on fake credit cards with a fake strip on the back. The sales clerk would slide the card, the guy would say the swipe strip is ruin, punch the numbers in and it would work. The person would never know that their card had been charged until the statement because they had gotten all of their info back.

My point is it is too bad Jim didn't get answers fast that is the frustrating part. Credit card fraud or check fraud is a problem that once it has happened to you hold on for the ride of not getting answers.

I also think that the confusion in all the posts comes with the word " credit " I think that everyone is talking about what they have and not really listening to what others are saying. Just because it is plastic and you can buy stuff with it doesn't mean it is a " credit card " it could be a check card or a debit card but if they were exactly like a credit card they would call them credit cards. Banker, I hope you can see what I am saying.

Post Edited (02-08-05 00:07)
Old February 8th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to banker Send a message via Yahoo to banker
Default Re: "BEWARE" NCL makes false charges to your Credi

sure matt, and a lot of people think that all American Express cards are credit cards, but they are charge cards. Optima etc. lets you carry a balance but the standard amex cards let you charge purchases for the month on your account, and then must be paid in full. you're right though, I think most people know how their cards can be used, but it's just the wording here that gets us confused.

banker
Old February 12th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Jim Lee

Hurray NCL never knew what the charge was for or how it got on there, they credited me the $28.75 and will refund me $30 for an overdraft fee. I would have prefered more but am tired of dealing with them and want it settled. They said that it could take up to 2 months for it to show up on my account though.

The card I used is called a check card that can be used as though you are writing a check. You swipe it and then enter a PIN number, or it can be used as a MasterCard where a signature is required. It was used as a MasterCard just like a credit card.

Thanks to everyone for the postings.
Old February 15th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Jim Lee

PLEASE EVERYONE check your charges and check your bank account weeks later. People on cruise-chat.com have posted that it has happened to them also, so please If this has happened to you or anyone else you know please post here.