Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2005, 05:49 AM
Passenger

Default Slamming stateroom doors!

We just got back from the Caribbean Princess and had a really wonderful time...everything was great except the people who slam their stateroom doors.

Is it just me or is it not really annoying to be taking a nap and have the door next door constantly slamming??!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2005, 07:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Slamming stateroom doors!

had the same thing on the destiny, afternoon nap time, or 8:00 am slamming doors, and screaming in the hall ways. after a few days i went to their level and slammed the door when i got up to pee in the middle of the night.....im evil.....
Old February 3rd, 2005, 02:40 PM
Admiral

Agreed, all.

It appears to be a line of doors when walking down the corridor tou yours, please have some courtesy for the people that could be behind them.

To be fair internal dividing walls on most ships are so thin that closing a cabin 10 away from you,,,you could still feel and hear.

Thin stuff here people, not like being at home
Old February 3rd, 2005, 10:56 PM
Admiral

I aired this same gripe a year or two ago and got royally flamed for it. I'm glad to see that there are other people who believe in closing the cabin doors instead of opening them wide open and turning them loose to KABOOM on their own. It's only a matter of a little respect for your neighbors. Nothing like being asleep around 1-2 a.m. and your neighbor coming in and slamming the cabin door, then slamming the balcony door a few times. Maybe they should have sections for slammers and non-slammers ??
Old February 3rd, 2005, 11:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to banker Send a message via Yahoo to banker

smoking, tooting, and slamming allowed on the starboard side

banker
Old February 3rd, 2005, 11:33 PM
Admiral

I can go one better....on the last morning of our cruise, a door outside was SLAMMING so hard EVERY FEW MINUTES that the walls would literally shake! Once when it happened, I quickly dashed outside to discover the source....while customs was going thru the ship, they were required to close a fire proof door. Well, the staff apparently had business which required them to keep going thru this doorway, opening this huge, heavy door and then just letting it SLAM! It was so ridiculous, but at least I knew it wasn't different inconsiderate slobs, "only" the staff! haha

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old February 4th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Yeoman

Never heard a door slam, but on the Norway I heard someone in the cabin next to me snoring. It didn't bother me, because when tired I can sleep through anything.

Carol
Old February 4th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Admiral

Carol, apparently you have been well blessed by the cruise gods to have never been next door to a " slammer ". I don't have to worry about someone next door snoring--- my wife does a fine job of that and when I complain, she denies she snores !!
Old February 5th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Admiral

Whatever you do Ron, DO NOT tape her to prove she snores! VERY bad idea. <> My wife will wake herself up and smack me claiming MY snoring just woke her up! While I do snore very loudly without my CPAP I do not ever think I have snored while awake. <G>
Jim

Old February 5th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Mikey SR.

You know you don't here all that door banging when you get a cabin thats next to the screws and generators. But seriously what gets under my skin is all that banging on the walls. Oh those newlyweds.
Old February 6th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

I agree about the door slaming, BUT, to top that we experienced another type of annoyance on a cruise. The fellow next door had a keyboard. Yes, one of those that make some good and bad music. He would always play the sucker while we were trying to get some shut eye. When it got so loud and bad I would bang on the wall and then the sound would become a little bit softer. Every night he would play this organ so finally I contacted the Powers to Be and they moved him somewhere. I told them I would not move because I had squatters rights. So be it.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old February 6th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Admiral

It is very apparent to me, for sure, NONE of you have ever, never, stayed in a room, either on a ship or motel, next to me. But then again you would have never known it, because I HATE those who slam doors. I have, and always will, close a door very gently in respect to the ones around us. IF everyone did this, then this thread would be uncalled for.....Right?