Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Kids in the hot tubs!

Who said anything about control? That's only where your mind is at. It's not allways about control ya know?

Nobody ever said my kids didn't have a heart. They just don't cry like babies when somebody looks at them wrong. They don't throw a temper tantrum when they don't get to go in the hot tub. THEY understand that life doesn't revolve around them. THEY understand that sometimes they won't get exactly what they want. I understand that some people are just loosers.

Holiday May 2000
Old April 13th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Admiral

To answer your question, sure I have broken rules but that doesn't mean it was right. To answer another comment, yes I am close to God, if that is any of your business.

I would never yell at a 6 year old or any other child for that matter for doing something that his or her stupid parents had them do. I would confront the parents. If your child freezes and cries uncontrollable when disciplined, you better question why. Is this the way he is treated at home?. I don't want to get into a debate with you on bringing up children since that is no the issue here. As for being arrested for speaking harshly to a child, I find that hard to believe. I didn't know that teaching a child right from wrong was "E"ndangering their well being. You are more delusional than I thought. Unless a child has heard cursing before, how would they know they are being cursed at? You also think about enlisting your 6 year old in the Marines!!!!!! Well at least he would learn to follow the rules.

You are a sad , sorry excuse for a parent.

Old April 13th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Zack

Legal age at sea is 18? Legal age changes from state to state and varies from port to port. There is an old saying that suggests if you have a hole in your sock, it's best to keep your shoes on. In your case, if you just kept your mouth shut, nobody would know you’re an idiot.
Old April 13th, 2005, 05:25 PM
familyman

My kids do well in school, do what they are told and are loved because they are sweet. Why should anyone have to discipline good children? I am reading between the lines to see
that you envy me. Verbal abuse of a child is against the law. I hardly doubt you would approach me or my wife. Lets see, an angry ugly women approaching my son, swearing like the good lord has taught her. Are you sure your marbles are not in the basement?
Old April 13th, 2005, 05:29 PM
familyman

Age 18 you can vote, be drafted and can enter into contracts. Age21, you can drink in the tri-state nyc area.
Old April 13th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Yeoman

"do what they are told", there's that control thing again.

Envy? Don't loose your beauty sleep over that thought!

Holiday May 2000
Old April 13th, 2005, 05:39 PM
First Mate

Familyman........people like you make me SICK.
I'm outta hear......Sea angel God bless your kids. They need every blessing they can get.
Old April 13th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Wow, the more he speaks the more you understand why he speaks the way he does. Nobody gives a crap about what land you have or don't have or as to why. But I think you need to come out of those woods into the real world. The kid wants to be with mommy........... then mommy can sit in the hot tub while the kid is at 'camp', I can understand why he wouldn't want to be with daddy. You think your child is soft now, wait 10 yrs...... Nobody said anything about yelling at a child for being in the hot tub, the child doesn't know the rules but the parent does. You were the one talking about fighting with people so you can sue them, yeah that is great for children to watch daddy do. My problem with teens being in a hot tub is they don't have sense enough to know how long to stay in one. Once again medically speaking. The bottom line is you are a bad parent for putting your children in hot tubs for the spite of others. If you are so smart an know it all you would know it is unsafe for children. I have seen your kids in stores, screaming their heads off till they get their way, sure let them sit in the hot tub so they will shut up. I pray your wife has more sense than you when it comes to her kids
Old April 13th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Admiral

This is my last response to familyman--AKA LOSER--since I feel we are all wasting our precious time dealing with someone whose mind is completely shut off to other people.

Yes, I would approach you or your wife about your kids if you were allowing them to break the rules that are in place for their safety. I'm always up for a good arguement, especially with shallow people like you. I don't know your wife so that reference is only to you.

I am definitely not envious of you. I see nothing to be envious of unless being a loser/rule breaker/control freak is a good thing.

I am definitely not an ugly, angry woman but I can turn angry (and probably ugly) rather quickly when talking to a loser/rule breaker/control freak like you who needs some parenting classes and maybe some physciatric help.

You are the only one talking about verbal abuse against children. Gee, should I read between the lines there. What happens when they don't do as their told??????

My marbles are definitely in the right place. Where are yours??????

And lastly--you brought religion up alot in your loser, pointless post. The next time you speak about my Lord please remember to do so with a capital "L". Or do you not have respect for Him either???

Old April 13th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Zack

Familycruiser, you might want to change your moniker after this to:

Familycruiser (Not to be confused with Familyman)
Old April 14th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Yeoman

Think about how the kids feel when "Daddy" say's it's ok to get in the hot tub yet the adults are arguing because of them. The adults may end up in a fight and the kids are thinking it's all their fault because they got in the hot tub. The "Mom" is probably trying to hide from embarrasment. If I was the "Mom", I'd be looking for a good divorce Atty. to get my kids away from the mental abuse. No Man (or Woman) will ever put my kids in that situation! Talk about using your kids as a pawn for attention!!! As long as they "do what they are told" it's ok right?

Holiday May 2000
Old April 14th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Reen

I still say this poster is a child .
Old April 14th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Yeoman

Reen, I think you're right. A mature adult surely wouldn't put his kids in that situation if he had half a brain or half a heart.

Holiday May 2000
Old April 14th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Admiral

Please people, the poster calling himself familyman, is really and actually just a child, some middle High School aged child at most.

He or she is just winding us all up for fun, and you are taking the bait as adults.

You are arguing with a child, who is living a fantasy life through your reactions. Please stop,,,if not for their sake, as its not healthy, but for yours as adults

Post Edited (04-14-05 15:29)
Old April 18th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Familiar Face

I have kids and cruise with them often. But they are never allowed in the hot tub! It is not good for children that is why a sign is posted stating that they are not allowed in! I hate when we cruise without them and come back to they ship to relax our tired muscle in the hot tub and find it full of children like it was a kiddy pool. I have kids and no how annoying it is for others. If everyone would just follow the rules, life would be so much greater for the rest of us!
Old May 10th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Mittmah

I just got back from a cruise on the Carnival Destiny. There was a kids pool and an "adults only" pool and hot tubs. Yet kids would constantly go into the adults only pool & hot tubs. When an employee pointed out to a woman that kids were not allowed she rudely screamed at him at the top of her lungs. It was disgusting.