Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2005, 08:32 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Don't fill out the surveys!

Surveys count. Actually made a recommendation, got a reply (from the land based home office) that it was a good idea and would be sent to a committee for further review.

THEY READ the COMMENT CARDS.
Old July 6th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Cookie

My son and daughter-in-law worked on a cruise ship for many years. They were both given many compliments by the passengers thru comment cards and were both rewarded in promotions/pay by their employer. Also, many passengers gave them gifts, monetary rewards, cards after the cruise, weekend stays at passengers' homes while the ship was in dry dock and they were far away from home, and one passenger was an executive with a sports shoe company and he got their sizes and sent them shoes for several years after they left the cruise lines. I always fill out the comment cards, with good and bad comments.
Old July 6th, 2005, 01:23 PM
ehogan

I always fill out the survey cards, faithfully put them in my purse to deposit at Guest Relations. Sometimes, however with the craziness of disembarkation day, I either forget or don't really have time to get to Guest Relations. I think it would be a good idea for the cruise ships to have a last minute deposit booth where you exit the ship on the last day. I'll put that on my next survey card !
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Admiral

Or why not offer the chance to give opinion to the survey when you have had the chance to get back home and into reality (terrible feeling)!

The chance to fill it in online, giving date, ship, cabin number etc. That would be a good way to go.

It could be more practical then when you've had a chance to reflect on what you've experienced, and comment is given outwith the environment.
Old July 14th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Mickey from NY

If the cruise lines read the surveys, then there should be no Cruise Gripes! Right? I'm not gonna waste my time. Do you fill out a survey after you dine at a restaurant or visit a hotel? Most likely not. Let them figure out what pleases the guest. I think after many years, they should be good at customer satisfaction. Don't fill out the Surveys!
Old July 15th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Like to cruise

The last cruise I was on we were told that it would help the cruise employees (waiters, cabin stewards, etc) if we filled them out and gave them a good rating so I filled it out to benefit the employees that were good.

I agree with you though that the cruise lines should be providing more than a slim chance of getting a small amount of money in exchange for answering the surveys. There are companies that pay secret shopers, focus groups etc for opinions the cruise lines should do the same rather than burdening the passengers.
Old July 15th, 2005, 02:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Author: Mickey from NY (adsl-2-212-252.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: 07-14-05 23:39

If the cruise lines read the surveys, then there should be no Cruise Gripes! Right? I'm not gonna waste my time. Do you fill out a survey after you dine at a restaurant or visit a hotel? Most likely not. Let them figure out what pleases the guest. I think after many years, they should be good at customer satisfaction. Don't fill out the Surveys!

Sorry.. but for the life of me I can't figure out the logic. It's simply not thought through.

The cruise lines spend vast amounts of money on marketing research, including secret shopppers (for quality controls) and focus groups. But who better to ask for their opinions and their ideas on what would improve the line, than their own customers.

Let them figure out what pleases the guest

Do you really prefer them making a guess as what will please you, rather than asking you directly?

To be "good at customer satisfaction" is a matter of adapting your business constantly to the changing nature of the business and the customer.

If anyone wants to spend a substantial amount of money on a product, and have no input into the product, then by all means don't fill out the surveys, or offer the businesses feedback in any manner. Just hope that business manages to find excellent psychics to decide what you consider good value for your money.

By the time you decide that they guessed wrong, and didn't provide good value for your dollars, it's too late. The money is spent!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 15th, 2005, 04:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

o you fill out a survey after you dine at a restaurant of visit a hotel?" Absolutely, lots of times there is a survey right on the table and I fill it out. Many times I have written comments on the check. At hotels I have completed surveys when they have been there and sometimes I have left a note with the tip.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 15th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I just found our surveys in some of the stuff we brought back. I didn't feel out one this time, but I plan on it in the future. I think they can be a good thing, all the way around. I don't have the time to worry about if it is read or not, but I think it is important for them to hear how your trip went.

Luanne
Old July 15th, 2005, 12:01 PM
venice

in the "olden" days on Carnival, if you filled out a cruise survey, they had a drawing the morning you are getting off the ship, for a free 3 day cruise...do they still do that?..if they did, I suspect everyone would fill out a survey...it might not be to the quality and detail that the survey deserves, but it would get people's attention...

If they all go back to the cruise line's headquarters, in a case like Carnival, if everyone on all their ships fill out a comment card, they would have what 15,000-20,000 instant feedback for their product offering per week. to me that would be a good thing
Old July 15th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

I do the survey on the customer side, because I do the survey on the COMPANY side. Believe me, survey comments are read, reviewed, dissiminated and discussed.

I do surveys in the Healthcare field. It use to be for doctors - now it's for information technology dept. Not every comment can be considered - but the practical and most performance enhancing comments are! You would be surprised as to how high up a survey comment goes...the good and the bad!

Old July 25th, 2005, 01:49 PM
First Mate

After reading this thread it just dawn on me why they can never read my survey, maybe I should fill it out before the bucket of beers.....<G>