Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2005, 09:46 PM
MAURICE SMITH

Default VALOR bad food

Hi. I just got off the carnival Valor a week ago. The cruise ok, but stressful! They put me in the wromg line for 2 hours, the food very crappy! Beef undercooked, or overcooked. I got nausea after eating the BARNYARD BREAKFAST! It looked like something you scoop at the farm with a shovel!I was sick for the duration of the trip. I even lost weight! Sad state of affairs for after going on a 7- day cruise. Maurice
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2005, 12:11 PM
juliet k

Default Re: VALOR bad food

Please read Rollerdonna's reviews on chit chat for cruisers. Sounds like you were on the same cruise but she raved about the food. Strange!!!!!
Old May 11th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Passenger

i love it when people balme it on the food, after they where out drinking all day and night
Old May 11th, 2005, 11:54 PM
borntocruise

Sorry you were sick. I have a problem with you stating all food was bad. I have been on several cruises & have always found something good to eat.
It's very hard to believe ALL the food was bad on your cruise.

Maybe it was your state of mind.

I just returned from a 7 day Eastern Caribbean & the only flaw I have found was, our server in the dining room seemed to rush us through our meal. It still took an hour & a half to finish. For the most our food was wonderful, it could have been warmer or colder, whatever. The only responsibilty I had was to show up. Had a wonderful time & will be asea again as soon as posssible
Old May 12th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Admiral

I am not quite sure what a barnyard breakfast consists of, but I've heard rumors that people have been known to get nauseated when they are on ships... could it have been a case of sea sickness? Maybe your body requires lighter fare while at sea like fruit and grains rather than the barnyard products... eggs, sausages, bacon, ham etc... Maybe on your next cruise you might see if you tolerate a different diet better on your next cruise.
Old May 15th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Stressful? a cruise? What line was this he waited in for 2 hours? The mens room in a one bathroom bar? Only to find out he was in the ladies room line? I don't get it, a ship of 3000 passengers and one gets all the bad food. Talk about bad luck.

Laura

Post Edited (05-15-05 07:15)
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 15th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Yeoman

I am not trying to be rude but is english your first langauge? I ask as I am not sure you mean the cruise was " stressful". How can a cruise be stressful?
Old May 16th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Maurice Smith

Default Re: Re: VALOR bad food

Sail out of Miami at Carnival pier 8-9 (b-c) and see for yourself! It is the worst. Staff so disorginized, and on top of it you are not allowed to take pics even outside at the ship! Heck 20 yrs. ago you used to be able to visit the ships but now no freedom! Next time I will go out of Port Everglades on a different line instead of dookie Carnival!
Old May 17th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Admiral

Being unable to visit the ships has nothing to do with Carnival or any other cruise line. It is a security measure put into place since 911.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 17th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Admiral

Dookie???

Laura

---Mark Twain

Old May 17th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Rimes with cookie.
Old May 26th, 2005, 09:20 PM
rosetattoo

Now I've read it all...is "dookie" a word recognized in Webster's? If so, I'll have to remember it next time I play Scrabble, maybe I can double up on points. I used to have a dog named Dookie, Oh sorry, correction, his name was Pookie. Just when I thought I was running out of adjectives, someone drops a new one in my lap...would anyone mind if I used "dookie" to describe my brother-in-law? my new boss? my barnyard breakfast?
Old May 27th, 2005, 10:19 AM
CherylR

Barnyard breakfast?.... What exactly is that? I don't understand what anyone else could want for breakfast besides eggs, grits, oatmeal, hash browns, bacon, sausage, ham, pancakes or french toast, bagels, toast, milk, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, danish of every kind, and made to order omelets. What else is there????? I don't have eggs florentine and steak and eggs on a regular basis at home and certainly wouldn't expect it on a buffet. Dookie??! Also rhymes with mookie, bookie. You can't even take pictures in the terminal now..it is a security measure since 911 like Cruznut said. When was Maurice's last cruise?-the Titanic?
Old May 28th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Maurice Smith

Sorry the correct spelling is DUKIE! (crappy, maneure, S i t, poop, solid waste that goes down a toilet etc..) At least the Titanic had better food and first class service, and a better clientel.
Old May 28th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Cheryl, He was on the Valor the same week as RollerDonna and family. RD sure had a very different view of the food and everything else about this ship. Loved her review. I think he just hates Carnival. I also get the feeling he would be here complaining regardless of what ship he was on or what line. I guess he wont be joining CruiseMates on the Glory B!!!!

Laura

---Mark Twain

Old May 28th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Since I was not alive at the time of the Titanic I guess I would know nothing about how the food was on board. Are you one of the few survivors?

Laura

---Mark Twain

Old May 28th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: VALOR bad food

Sorry you did not enjoy what was served. I have never found any ship that served food that was not edible. While there have been a couple of them that I did not care for many of the things they served, I could usually find something that was pretty good. As for Carnival, the food has always been good to outstanding. Same for RCI. Now on the defunct Ren lines we did not care for the buffet food but dining room fare was pretty good. Even on the old NCL Norway when we found the food quality pretty low, (it was great in the Bistro), we could find something to eat somewhere that was decent.

As for not being able to take photos and visit the ships or even the pier, blame the militant Muslims that blew up the Twin Towers in NYC and the Pentagon. For the long lines, blame the port workers.
Jim

PS Enough with the kiddie words for human feces and drop that subject.

Old May 28th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Passenger

Maurice - I happened to love the Dukie food on the Dukie Valor. But I respect your opinion. Hope your breakfast at home is better than that barnyard breakfast you were so dissapointed with.