Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Maurice Smith

Default insanity is doing....

there is an old adage. "Insanity is doing the same things over andover, and expecting different results!" A very wise novice. This relates to me and my continued pursuit of a relaxing vacation experience with Carnival Cruise Lines at the port of Miami! It is the same old aggrevation with all that relates to the embarkation and disembarkation experience. Maybe I might seek recovery through a 12- step Carnival Anny.(CA) program. By the way, on an upbeat I just completed !0 years of total sobriety! And I made it to St. John! How about that!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: insanity is doing....

Maurice,

Congratulations on your 10 years of sobriety. I know through several family members how challenging that is. But what a wonderful accomplishment and I wish you many, many more years.

I've never cruised with Carnival so I can't give my experience. I've also never cruised out of Miami but will be in April 2006. Is it just the embark/disembark that's aggravating? Is the cruise o.k.? Is Miami's port procedures aggravating? Believe, NYC's is no treat either.
Old May 17th, 2005, 09:32 AM
pcboston

Maurice,

Carnival's embarking and disembarking procedures are their biggest weak spot, the only reason I have not sailed with them again. Have you tried other cruiselines? Big difference, and I really wish they would take some tips from them. Have only sailed from Miami once, on Royal Caribbean. Had transfers going in and a shore tour coming off, so not sure if the port itself is a problem. It was not in our case. Did Carnival from San Juan, embarking and disembarking were a nightmare.
Old May 17th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Maurice Smith

Default Re: Re: insanity is doing....

THANX for your reply (proxy). The trip was ok, the ports great, but food not so good! If you go out of Miami, get there early, be patient. Try to pre- register on line with your carrier. Also no pictures are allowed to be taken at the pier. (inside- outside) .
Old May 20th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Morticia

We went on RCI's Majesty of the Seas out of Miami in April. Driving to the port was stressful but parking, embarking and disembarking were a breeze.