Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2005, 02:33 PM
san

Default balconies on caribe deck

Will somebody give it to me straight? Are the balconies on the CP half covered or not. I can't get a straight answer from Princess nor my agent. I've read reviews. Most said they could look down on the loweer balconies and their is no privacy because the person neext door to you could just hop over your wall. It's only4ft tall. I wonder if I've made the wrong decision by choosing this deck as opposed to the riviera. Ease my mind and tell me the good, bad and the ugly about caribe deck and CP.
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: balconies on caribe deck

We will be on the CP for the 5/28 sailing. We are not on the Caribe deck but we do know that the balconies are 1/2 covered. We have also heard that the balconies themselves (on Caribe) are a bit bigger than on other decks. As for looking over the wall onto other people, yes, you can do that. You will see that part of their balconies that isn't covered.

We have a mini-suite on Dolphin deck and we already know that our balcony isn't covered at all. However, we needed the quad cabin and this was what was available to us at the time we booked it.

By the way, when are you sailing?

Hope you enjoy your cruise! Hope this helps you a little bit!

Michelle

p.s. We found out this information by reading reviews on several different websites, including this one. You can never get enough information can you?
Old May 21st, 2005, 11:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: balconies on caribe deck

Are there any cabins or decks on CP with balconies that are completely covered and people can't look down from above? Or how about the highest deck? Can they be looked down on from an activity deck, for lack of a better word? Also, someone else said that the walls between cabin decks were only 4 feet high and that you were looking at your neighbors if they were on their balcony. It wasn't this way on the Sun P. You of course could hear your neighbors chatting, but not look into their eyes first thing in the morning in your PJ's! I like to be friendly, but not that friendly. We simply loved having coffee in the mornings and sitting outside before we went to sleep, but I wouldn't go down to Horizon court in my PJ's, and don't really want to greet my neighbors--or see theirs!--in my PJ's.

How about on Diamond, too? We really would like to go on an Alaska cruise.

Thank you to anyone who can respond,

Gigi
Old May 21st, 2005, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Gigi,

Caribe balconies are half-covered and half-uncovered. The translucent separation was is at least 6.5-7 feet tall. You can't see over it.

Dolphin balconies are totally uncovered.

Aloha and Baja decks are totally covered but more than half the size of Caribe and Dolphin.

Honestly, the Caribe balconies are the most highly sought because of being half and half, and also so large. Stick with Caribe.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old June 6th, 2005, 12:30 AM
san

Default Re: Re: balconies on caribe deck

thanx a bunch. yes u can never get enough info. I would love to hear about your cruise michelle. My family and I just got back from Orlando 5/26 thru 6/1. We enjoyed it very much. I suggest everyone visit Orlando florida. The theme parks and resorts and villas are just beautiful. i cant wait to go back next year. We set sail 9/17/05. KIT
Old June 6th, 2005, 05:15 PM
claude gareau

Hi,

On CP ( and Island Princess as well...), Caribe deck cabins are the same
size, INTERNALLY, as those same category cabins on Baja and Aloha decks.
However, the balconies are longer....but at the price of privacy.
Yes, they jut out enough that 1/2 of your balcony is an exposed area, open to
upper deck passengers abel to hae a peek at you, and unprotected from rain.
The only Caribe deck cabins in a '' Bx '' cat that have entirely proper balconies
are the ones at each end and the middle ''extentions ''.
i-e: C501/502/418 to 427... They have the '' regular ''-size balcony like Baja and Aloha,but
are on Caribe; they're also just about 100% mid-ship

Dolphin decks "Bx " cabins do NOT have a balcony......I personnaly think the cruise
line is involved in a bit of '' mis-representation '' here, when referring to those
as '' balconies''cabins....They're PATIOS, not BALCONIES.....

You should see the Diamond/Sapphire layout on Dolphin decks....even more
pronounced....and they have most of their suites located there as well !!!!
Go figure....a suite with a patio in lieu of a balcony....Their Caribe deck has most of their
BIG suites there....with 1/2 balcony----1/2 patio scenario.....Strange....!

My opinion anyways...
Cheers
CG
Old June 6th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Harry,

Is that photo a Maltese? We just got a Maltese puppy and are in love with her already. She is so sweet and so cute!

Gigi