Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

San, are you a blonde?
Old January 30th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Yeoman

WHAT!!! San is only 15 yrs old and she describes herself as " sexy". She has serious issues .

San you are trolling for attention and most likely get it. Go on cruises for sun, sand, and relaxation and stop walking around thinking " I am sexy" as you are most likely " putting out an air" that will attract the lowest forms, anyone who goes after a 15 yr old is just plain dirty..
Old February 23rd, 2006, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Default Re: ladies beware of love-starved crew staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by san007
ladies beware of the love starved crew guys. U can't trust them. They may want to romance u and trick u into thinking hhe loves uand can't live w/o u. Every cruise I had one to attach themselves to me. Yead I know I am sexy and have a fun contagious personality. But I have to be wise and so should u. A cruise vacation should be fantasy filled but be smart . Have a good time but be smart. I dont know if u know th movie "How Stella got her groove back". Well years later after the famous author Terry M. the book/movie is the true story about her meeting this gorgeous young man in Jamaica. This man romanced her and she fell in love. Years later and right now they are going thru a divorce. Of course, he wants half of heer fortune. But her argument is that he lied and tricked her. And worse of all he is GAY. He pretented to love her just to get citizenship, plus a good life she provided for him. You see how cruel this is.SoI say Ladies be careful of the natives when u visit these islands.
Cruise stafff can be fired for socializing with PAX.

Back in 2000 I took several teenager girls (daughter's friends) on a cruise.The girls adored our assit. waiter, a young man from Romania who was only 23. They arranged to leave ship with him in Martinique. (Hubby and I were doing an excursion without the girls) They actually had their picture made with him leaving ship.

That night our assit. waiter was missing. Our waiter informed us he was needed in the lido restarant.

I have a feeling the poor boy was fired after that cruise. I know for sure he was at least disaplined by being sent up to the lido to work the rest of the cruise. I felt bad for him. He lost I am sure considerable income in tips because of some silly teenage girls.

I was pretty upset with the girls too-going off with a stranger like that. That was the last time too that I have taken young friends of my daughter's on a cruise. I was too afraid of ever doing that again. Now that we know the Natalie Holloway story I would be even more afraid.
Old April 19th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Passenger

20 years ago when I was a teenager, there were very few female staff/crew members. My most recent cruise had probably at least 50% female crew members assisting passengers. I think that female passengers have a lot less to fear from 'love' starved crew members than they used to. Attractions can still happen though, and there are still the 'user' types of both passenger and crew members.

I think that some passengers go on cruises ripe for involvement of any sort and some lack the common sense to know what kind they actually are finding.
Old April 26th, 2006, 01:46 PM
First Mate

Okay, putting aside that SAN is a prepubscent and therefor get's a bit of a pass on her (his?) niavity...I say, ladies....go have a great time and have a little ship board romance if you want (but bring condoms for pete's sake and be responsible). I did it about 15 years ago (with a Cuban Dive Instructor...oh my, my heart still beats!!) and we corresponded for about 6 months...no harm, no foul.

Another thing...I don't think that Immigration grants green cards based on marriage anymore....

So, SAN, here is my advice...go back to Camp Carnival and let the adults take care of themselves..

Royale 5/85; Oceanic 7/85, 5/86, 5/89
Veracruz 7/88; Fantasy 7/97;
Tropicale 6/98; Sov. Seas 6/99;
Sensation 5/03, 5/04; Glory 9/03,Triumph 9/04; Pride 3/05
Old April 26th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

I was in Hawaii a few years back when I was in my early 40's and one of the dancers in the Hawaiian review asked me out. Now, before you get the picture that he was a hot sexy Hawaiin, he was a 400 lb. samoan that did the fire and tongue dance, it is not pretty, anyway, he was persistant, told me how much he liked me, yakky yak and seemed very interested. He even talked about visiting my home town. Now, just picture a 400 lb Samoan in a red neck city in Oregon, personally, I couldn't. some people are only interesting in their own environment and I couldn't picture him in flannel. How did it finally end, i mentioned the four kids that I was raising and he said " I hope you have a wonderful life' and that was the last I saw of him. I guess he really only wanted to change the flame dance for the line dance.
Old April 27th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Administrator
Admiral

On a couple of my cruises I have seen a couple of crew members and passengers who got together on cruises. It was completely consensual and they had a good time but it is something that IS NOT condoned by the cruise line and many crew members can lose their jobs for fraternizing with passengers.

On my recent Statendam cruise the officers did socialize with the passengers but it was purely socializing in public areas and nothing more but it did make the cruise more enjoyable for many of the guests.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 3rd, 2006, 05:05 PM
Beginner

It should be more like "CREW BEWARE"........I've witnessed a fling between a crew member and a passenger......I also witnessed the same crew member standing on the next dock with his bags packed with no way to get home. The cruiseline REALLY looks down upon this. They dropped him off at the first dock with no hestitancy.
Old May 8th, 2006, 01:51 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzin4us
It should be more like "CREW BEWARE"........I've witnessed a fling between a crew member and a passenger......I also witnessed the same crew member standing on the next dock with his bags packed with no way to get home. The cruiseline REALLY looks down upon this. They dropped him off at the first dock with no hestitancy.
You can't stop human nature which means, "What happens, happens" with that said I notice on my cruise that the male crew members have gone out of their way to talk with the female passengers at the disco party and it was more that just to mingle. I even seen them making out (hidden from the cameras, of course) after a night of being together.

This tells me that it's commonplace on some cruise lines and they look the other way in some cases.

I also wonder if it's happens with a female crew member and a male passenger?