CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Travel Gripes! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/)
-   -   capital letters (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/296054-capital-letters.html)

nolou525 July 18th, 2005 09:19 AM

capital letters

Here is a gripe that is not specifically about cruising but is about this board. My complaint (or gripe) is people who type their post in all CAPITAL letters. Don't they know how hard it is to read. They may actually have something important to say but when it is in all CAPITAL letters, I find it's not worth reading.

PeterV July 18th, 2005 09:43 AM

Re: capital letters

THAT CAPS LOCK KEY IS SO DARNED HARD TO FIND!! Whoops I did it, me bad.

Cheers,
Peter

rhondascissorhands July 18th, 2005 10:38 AM

Re: Re: capital letters

My parents were doing it, because they have to use bifocals! I told them the golden rule on the internet, and they have stopped. Yes, I know people out there know, and still do it. Do you think the people like my parents wonder why others haven't figured out how to get those pesky small letters bigger!!!

Rhonda

BrendaS July 18th, 2005 12:05 PM

I think most people who use all caps are fairly new to message boards and chat rooms. Of course I suppose there are a few who just like to be annoying, but normally if you tell someone that their caps are not being well received they'll switch.

Now when I want to be annoying I play with text decorations. If you jumble them up and [li]use a lot of them[/li] you can really give people [ol]headaches.[/ol] I guess the worst would be to [ul] [ol] [li]use as many of them as possible at the same time. [/ul] [/ol] [/li]

Sorry....just messing around because I am bored today. I really do agree with you Cheryl, reading all caps is hard on the eyes and can make you not want to bother.

Brenda

JohnEZ NJ July 18th, 2005 01:21 PM

Now here's my two cents....

I actually love the text decorations. Allows me to emphasize something without putting it in ALL CAPS. I find them very annoying indeed.

So to the original poster... I 100% agree!

DavidB July 18th, 2005 02:23 PM

The lack of commas, full stops and paragraphs is what get's me. Break it up folks!

hazelson July 18th, 2005 02:40 PM

davidb i don't get what you are saying are you saying punctuation is important or that some of us just run on and on and don't even bother looking at and proforeading what we have written or are you saying that we should actually remember all that stuff we learned in english class in school just what are you talking about huh i will be eagerly waiting for your reply because i am just very confused with your resoinse to the above aforementioned post

ttfn Jennifer

p.s. I just had to do this before Banker did lol

banker July 18th, 2005 03:03 PM

LOL - Jen, you read my mind!

banker

DavidB July 18th, 2005 03:17 PM

You guys,,,,yep you got it !

Big <G> and X

hazelson July 18th, 2005 09:11 PM

Banker - great minds think alike -between the two of us we should have an entire "great mind" or do you think we need to factor in a certain Scotsman to complete the picture lol?

TTFN Jennifer

DavidB July 19th, 2005 01:47 PM

Not unless you a missing reality check between you <g>

banker July 19th, 2005 05:51 PM

I think there should always be a Scotsman included for comic relief, like the Alexander Keith's "dooon't spill ma beeeer" guy, or "fat bastard" from Austin Powers' Goldmember.

Oh, and great minds and me don't get along, never have!

banker

hazelson July 20th, 2005 01:17 AM

So have we decided - who gets to be in the middle? <VBG>

ttfn Jennifer

ousoonerfanintexas July 21st, 2005 09:37 AM

Get a life people the last time I saw this much crying I was picking up my 1 year old from day care. Some of the people in here are the biggest crybabies. Don't post in caps, no long running sentences WAH WAH WAH. This is the kind of thing I see in daycare. Todd took my toy, Brad said a naughty word, Jennifer won't give me my blankie. That is what you sound like. Now I sure someone will go tell on me like they did for my other post but I have made my point.

Paul B July 21st, 2005 02:06 PM

Re: Re: capital letters

I am going to take my ball and go home.

nolou525 July 21st, 2005 02:20 PM

Your ball. I thought it was MY ball. WAH WAH WAH :o(

DavidB July 21st, 2005 02:55 PM

You know what Cheryl C. Thats a great tag line and I wish more thought that way

Ouso,,,,laughing,,,,,,,,, as your now in the realms of what we say "the pot calling the kettle black".

Not so long ago you where apologising in troll like fashion for your broken English on these boards , now a few months later you are now making comparisons on others posts! That was some speed learning programme my little TA troll !

Mickey from NY July 21st, 2005 09:14 PM

Dave - Don't upset some of the cruise gripers. Spelling correction - Apologizing.

bigjohn461 July 23rd, 2005 11:45 AM

Typing in all caps is also precived as YELLING !!!!..Sorry....stop.....I promise not to yell again..full stop...I am smiling the whole time I type this...>VBG<

Post Edited (07-23-05 10:45)

hazelson July 23rd, 2005 08:28 PM

Oops - sounds like our trolling TA needs a nap! And maybe some "happy pills" If all we can find to gripe about in the whole realm of cruising is typing and grammar then we must be making the right travel choices.

TTFN Jennifer