Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 2nd, 2005, 07:55 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: Private Balconies & Verandahs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEZ NJ
I simply cannot stand balconies!
You actually make a good point. I saw one ship review that said the Carnival Spirit looked like a Portugese apartment building - you know, with all the balconies usually full of laundry drying in the wind. When you see those cheap Euro apartments with people decorating their balconies with bamboo and stuff, it does not have the sleek steel and glass look of a NYC modern condo.

Anyway, I see your point, and I won't call you selfish or narrow-minded or anything alse that people who don't agree with you might do...
Old November 3rd, 2005, 05:18 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Private Balconies & Verandahs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter

You actually make a good point. I saw one ship review that said the Carnival Spirit looked like a Portugese apartment building - you know, with all the balconies usually full of laundry drying in the wind. When you see those cheap Euro apartments with people decorating their balconies with bamboo and stuff, it does not have the sleek steel and glass look of a NYC modern condo.

Anyway, I see your point, and I won't call you selfish or narrow-minded or anything alse that people who don't agree with you might do...
, gotta love the "apartment building" comparison. Thanks, Paul

-John
Old November 10th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Passenger

I have never had a balcony, but as a person who had an inside cabin, with the top bunk I can say this: While on the actual ship, I never went outside of it and marvelled at what a wonderful configuration it was, because my experience ON the ship was inside of it, looking out. My first cruise was on one of those old style ships, but I think the newer ships are for the cruisers, not the ship afficianados who love the look of the old style ships. I can appreciate your loving the old styles (I do also) but I sure do appreciate the option of a balcony cabin.

There is a demand for the balconies, and it makes sense for the cruise lines to make their customers happy. That being said, Disney does have some more traditional elements.