Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Beginner

Default My lost luggage on celebrity cruise to alaska

I sailed to alaske back in july 2005 on the Infinity for 7 days. They did not get my luggage to me for the first five days. I had to buy some clothes in a port, and to this day still have not been reimbursed. Celebrity will not return calls, they give me incorrect information and try to blame it on Northwest airlines. But I purchased Transfers from Celebrity Cruises lines.
Can anyone give me some guidence on how to handle my situation. There were a number of guest on that cruise that also had lost luggage problems. My first Family Cruise and Celebrity made it my Last Cruise. THANKS CELEBRITY.
Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: My lost luggage on celebrity cruise to alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by unhappyguest
try to blame it on Northwest airlines. But I purchased Transfers from Celebrity Cruises lines.
Can anyone give me some guidence on how to handle my situation. There were a number of guest on that cruise that also had lost luggage problems. My first Family Cruise and Celebrity made it my Last Cruise. THANKS CELEBRITY.
Did you personally handle your luggage from the baggage check to the transfer?

Also, why let 1 mistake, yes maybe a big one, but why let it taint what could be the very best way for you to vacation?

Candy

1st Cruise Fantasy 2004
Old September 26th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Beginner

Default delayed luggage

Kytten kat
We checked our luggage at the Northwest Desk and everyones luggage got to there cabin door that afternoon but mine. I did not see mine for 5 days latter.
I was without luggage for 5 of 7 Days
Thanks for the reply
Old September 26th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

My understanding of how Carnival (I realize you were on Celebrity) does it is that you have to get your own luggage from the baggage area of the terminal and then take it to the transfer shuttle, from that point you no longer have to worry about it ... if this is wrong let me know ...

Candy

1st Cruise Fantasy 2004
Old September 26th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Admiral

It has been a while, but, the last time we let Celebrity do our transfers, we had to pick up our own luggage and bring it to a Celebrity rep handling transfers, from there on they were responsible for it. .
Sounds to me like mistake MAY have been yours.
Old September 28th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Admiral

We always make sure our luggage is on the transport bus from the hotel/airport to the ship before we board. That way WE know for SURE that it is enr to the ship...did you do this? They do inform guests that it is up to you to make sure this happens...

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old September 29th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Admiral

In your private email to me (why?) you indicated you all checked your luggage the same way with Northwest but only some of you received the luggage onboard. Without having picked up your own luggage on arrival , how do you know that it was not in fact Northwest that lost your luggage? Perhaps Celebrity remains correct. How do you know the luggage ever made it to your destination? That said airlines compensate virtually nothing if they eventually find your luggage. If somehow you were to prove (how/) Celebrity failed to pick up the luggage then perhaps a hundred dollars (or maybe $ 200) per person for temporary clothes would be an appropriate request. If you used a TA they are your best advocate for results.
Old September 30th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

Just to make you feel better: A friend of mine is a stonemason who worked one winter on Mackinac Island, Michigan. The only way to the island in winter is either by a horrifying snowmobile ride on the ice bridge (hoping it will hold) or a 6 minute flight to St. Ignace, Michigan.

Jim and 3 other men flew in the tiny plane to St. Ignace and his duffle bag was not there. How can you lose a duffle bag out of 4 bags on a 6 minute flight? He told the pilot and he said, "Yep, guess we left it. I'll go back - give me 15 minutes".

Just to let you know you're not alone! Hope your situation gets resolved soon!