Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2006, 05:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Crooz - What world do you live in? Hollywood's standards?????

Back in the 1800's, it was SEXY for women to be plump & men loved it. Any woman who was "skinny" (think Hollywood) were seen as sick & something was wrong with them.

If any woman regardless of her size wants to go topless - Go for it girl! Put yourself in their shoes first if they don't "fit" your image & see how it feels.

Didn't your mother teach you at an early age "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything"....
Old March 23rd, 2006, 09:38 PM
Passenger

I have been to many countries and sunbathed topless and love it, but the reason i will not on the ship, even though i would really like to, is because of the rude men who hang out up there just to see if they can get an eye full, there was an over weight older woman one day and the men, or should we call the "children" were laughing at her and making comments about her not so perfect body. RUDE was not the word for it.
so lets stop worrying about the way people look and look in the mirror at your own self.
I have nothing against people going up to read or just for a quiet spot but that is not what is happening for the most part.
Old March 24th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Admiral

I'm glad I didn't live in the 1800's, their standard of sexy wouldn't work for me! But their standard of hygiene wouldn't work for me either.

Regards,
Thomas
Old March 24th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Passenger

For the posrt who said " a woman lays on the top deck topless it isn't for the tan she wants people to look at her"
I am assuming you have never been to other countries and seen other cultures. In Europe and many other countries it is perfectly natural to sunbathe topless no matter what size body you have, they are not ashamed of their bodies and people do not stare, laugh and pass judgement as some so here in the USA.
If you were to go to a topless beach you would see that nobody tanning has a perfect body.
Old April 1st, 2006, 09:09 PM
Admiral

I enjoy ALL that I see up there.The female body is a work of art.
Old April 3rd, 2006, 04:16 PM
Captain

Quote:
If you were to go to a topless beach you would see that nobody tanning has a perfect body.
That is on the days that I am not there.

K
Old April 3rd, 2006, 04:30 PM
Admiral

Great reading area
Old April 16th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Great reading area
Old April 19th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Passenger

Wow, wow, wow. I must say I feel it is a sad world when a woman on vacation can not freely tan topless without the likes of men who apparently in their usual lives are unable to see a topless woman. You are on vacation and your big goal is to go to the topless deck and "check out" the women tanning? If that was the extent of fun I was having on a cruise I just assume stay home. I am a woman who tans topless when ever I get the chance which unfortunately in the States is rare. My body is not perfect and I don't give a hoot. My advice to those who want to go up and check things out........If you don't like what you see then don't look. Turn yourself around, march right back down the stairs and leave me to enjoy the sunshine in peace!
Old May 7th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madismom
Wow, wow, wow. I must say I feel it is a sad world when a woman on vacation can not freely tan topless without the likes of men who apparently in their usual lives are unable to see a topless woman. .......If you don't like what you see then don't look. Turn yourself around, march right back down the stairs and leave me to enjoy the sunshine in peace!
Thank you so much for this response! The only reason my wife and I book on Carnival is for the "Adult/Topless" deck. Not that we are there to look or be looked at, she don't like tan lines. We live near all the beaches in and around Pensacola, FL and work on our tan every chance we get. She don't like messing up the tan just because we are on a ship.

Everyone has breast, whats the big deal? It's only skin! Get over it! It always amazes me how many people go to places like topless decks/ beach TO BE OFFENDED. Don't go there if you don't like it or offended.
There is plenty of ship and beach for all to enjoy.
Old May 8th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Passenger

Do all of the Carnival ships have the Topless area or just a selected few?
Old May 8th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Admiral

First time cruiser here shipping out in July with wife and kids. Since I live in Florida I spend much time at the pool and beach. When doing these activities my boys (5,7,14) are constantly trying to keep me in the water. I enjoy sunning but it is difficult to do with them around. So here is my question. Would women be offended if a guy was on the topless deck for the sole purpose of having alone time from his kids for say an hour or so to tan? I have to say I was unaware cruiseships had topless decks until I read it here and to be honest It was my first thought that I could be alone for a little while without the kids jumping on me. I don't want to offend any women while they are tanning, I could care less they are topless(almost) and also don't want to embarass myself by having a bunch of topless women looking at me like i'm a freak. Just a guy looking for peace and quiet in the sun.
Old May 9th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Admiral

I think you would be perfectly fine. On my 7 day cruise, I would wander up there and there was never anyone sunbathing. People would go up there to grab extra deck chairs. HAHAHA

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old May 9th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Passenger

As a woman i would love to try topless bathing. Can anyone tell me where it is on the Victory. I will be sailing this May 21st

Thanks
Old May 10th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Admiral

I didn't think there would be many people up there. Ohh and Cathy.... first time topless sunbather=misery! recently a friend told me his wife did that but on a foreign beach and ruined her trip because of the burn on her Ti ..ahem, tanning area. Her suggestion would be to hit the tanning salon a couple of times before you hit the sun.
Old May 11th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Yeoman

All I know is this thread is so old that the "young things" once getting them out then, will now be taking advice on uplifts
Old May 14th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Passenger

DUPLECATE POST DELETED HERE
Old May 14th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Passenger

Default NO MORE TOPLESS DECK ON HOLIDAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
I think you would be perfectly fine. On my 7 day cruise, I would wander up there and there was never anyone sunbathing. People would go up there to grab extra deck chairs. HAHAHA
On our trip on the Holiday with Carnival, there where about 50-70 women using the topless deck, topless, off and on during our trip. There was alway about 10-20 up there at a time during the day.

But there will be no more! Here is something I just posted in another thread:
"The main factor we sailed with Carnival last year (2005) was the adult topless area. This was the MAIN factor in re-booking the cruise this year (May 8th, 2006)! You can imagine our disappointment when we walked up to the sunning area and saw it had been turned into a putt-putt course! We where so mad we almost walked off the ship and demanded our money back! Of course we didn't, but we (my wife and I and another couple that was with us) was very upset. We did not let this ruin our trip. It did rest hard on our wife's minds every time they laid out on the regular deck watching the tan line appear! Thank the Lord we went to Play Del Carmen and was able to sun topless and remove the tan line that was forming from being on the ship!

I am sure there where many factors in Carnivals reason for this. One, I heard, was the area was not being used much. If that's true, that's fine, JUST SET ASIDE ANOTHER AREA! And by the way, we only saw one person use the put-put area the whole trip! There where at least 50-75 people using the adult area on our last trip!

This is going to play a big factor in us booking with Carnival again."
Old May 14th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Passenger

Boy, this topic is old, but I need to say my 2 cents. All women have them and most , god willing have 2! I hate to say it, but if guys are going up to see some playboy bodies go somewhere else. That is NOT reality, aging and gravity does occur. Also, when I have been to other European beaches it is not a bunch of playmates frolicing around the beach. Forthe most part it seems to be older people enjoying the beach. It is what it is....get over it.