Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Yeoman

I'll just base my thoughts on your tag line

"The difference between tattooed and untattooed people is that tattooed people are cool and will kick your ass!"

Mmmm, sorry your point about social acceptability and understanding of body art was you now have the power from having a tattoo to "kick my ass".

Your Honor, no further questions 8)
Old May 6th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOneThatGotAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBgood
I'll just base my thoughts on your tag line

"The difference between tattooed and untattooed people is that tattooed people are cool and will kick your ass!"

Mmmm, sorry your point about social acceptability and understanding of body art was you now have the power from having a tattoo to "kick my ass".

Your Honor, no further questions 8)

Yeah, just a little something I saw once. 8)
Old May 6th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Yeoman

, please hand back the shovel when you are finished digging the hole 8)
Old May 6th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Admiral

David, you are quite right. If the "I'll kick your ass" guy is representative of how "cool" tattoos make you, I think I'll pass.

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10
Golden Princess
Old May 6th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by richstacy
David, you are quite right. If the "I'll kick your ass" guy is representative of how "cool" tattoos make you, I think I'll pass.
I'm a colleged educated female, not a male. It is just a cute little signature, like everyone else has.

Not a big deal. Didn't know it would call such a big stir. Guess I better change it, just like I should cover up my already hidden tattoos from everyone else since I am obviously a felon or a thug.LMAO.
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Admiral

Hey lady, you are the one with the "will kick your ass" tag on your post, don't blame us.

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10
Golden Princess
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Beginner

Default Smile, it's not that serious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by richstacy
Hey lady, you are the one with the "will kick your ass" tag on your post, don't blame us.
Not blaming you, man. !
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am one of the people that has been defending tattoos, but gee, the "kick your ass" tag line almost makes me want to have my tattoo removed. That kind of attitude is why people think so little of those of us that wear tattoos.

At first I wasn't going to comment on the tag line but with the rather ineffective attempt at justifying it, I have to say something. IMHO that is not a "cute little tag line" like everyone elses. My tag line comes from a novel I read, others are famous quotes or actually cute little sayings. 'I'm going to kick your ass' isn't cute, it's immature and inappropriate on an otherwise friendly forum. Anyone can use whatever they want as a tag line, but I don't have to approve of it and I am free to comment about it as I wish.
Disney Wonder October 2009
RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas September 2011
Disney Magic February 2012
Disney Wonder January 2014
Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2015...I hope!
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thasic
I am one of the people that has been defending tattoos, but gee, the "kick your ass" tag line almost makes me want to have my tattoo removed. That kind of attitude is why people think so little of those of us that wear tattoos.

At first I wasn't going to comment on the tag line but with the rather ineffective attempt at justifying it, I have to say something. IMHO that is not a "cute little tag line" like everyone elses. My tag line comes from a novel I read, others are famous quotes or actually cute little sayings. 'I'm going to kick your ass' isn't cute, it's immature and inappropriate on an otherwise friendly forum. Anyone can use whatever they want as a tag line, but I don't have to approve of it and I am free to comment about it as I wish.
Sorry it offends you. I am glad you approached me the way you did in telling me it offends. Because of YOU, I will change it. I just thought it was cute and wasn't aware it offended anyone. Thanks for letting me know in that manner.
Old May 8th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: tattoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic from LV
Seems like tattoos are more popular than ever, and not just with sailors and felons. What is the attraction?
I think when a woman gets one on her lower back it is just plain sexy!
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Well, "thatonegotaway" proves people with tattoss are reasonable and can not only admit an error, but can happily and respectfully correct it. Bravo Zulu. (BTW that last is a military term of congratulations). Thank you for your understanding.
Disney Wonder October 2009
RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas September 2011
Disney Magic February 2012
Disney Wonder January 2014
Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2015...I hope!
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Beginner

Default I love you dont like tattoos

Do you ever think that people dont care if you dont like tattoos? who gives a rats arse if someone chooses to modify their own body ? dont like it ,dont look. i dont tell you to cover up your white boring skin becuause it looks so ugly and plain, dont tell me to cover up mine. tattoos are not going anywhere, they have been around for thousands of years, and they will never die. I dont care if not a single person has one, or if EVERY single person has one, i will always love them. How said you have never had a single experience in your life so powerful that you wanted to express it in either a painting or picture, or poem or something artistic ? tattoos are just another medium. People always ask me , dont you think you will regret them when your older?
actually no i will not regret them, wrinkled up or not. I will always cherrish the meaning of each one. Some people may regret the, the people who have a rose or a name or some other peice of crap work, but they never got that because they loved tattoos,they got those because they wanted to be Mr cool guy or girl. i have met 90 year old men with fully body tatts that dont regret a single one. Its the housewifes with the tazmanian devil that regret them, they never should have got one to begin with.
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: I love you dont like tattoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkehouse
Do you ever think that people dont care if you dont like tattoos? who gives a rats arse if someone chooses to modify their own body ? dont like it ,dont look. i dont tell you to cover up your white boring skin becuause it looks so ugly and plain, dont tell me to cover up mine. tattoos are not going anywhere, they have been around for thousands of years, and they will never die. I dont care if not a single person has one, or if EVERY single person has one, i will always love them. How said you have never had a single experience in your life so powerful that you wanted to express it in either a painting or picture, or poem or something artistic ? tattoos are just another medium. People always ask me , dont you think you will regret them when your older?
actually no i will not regret them, wrinkled up or not. I will always cherrish the meaning of each one. Some people may regret the, the people who have a rose or a name or some other peice of crap work, but they never got that because they loved tattoos,they got those because they wanted to be Mr cool guy or girl. i have met 90 year old men with fully body tatts that dont regret a single one. Its the housewifes with the tazmanian devil that regret them, they never should have got one to begin with.
How right you are about these people.
Old May 10th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Yeoman

He has been sent to torment me, there is no other reason. I thought at one point I had been transported back in time when seeing the "latest" gripes.

What are you all about? Why are you dragging all this stuff up and then not giving an opinion?
Old May 10th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBgood
He has been sent to torment me, there is no other reason. I thought at one point I had been transported back in time when seeing the "latest" gripes.

What are you all about? Why are you dragging all this stuff up and then not giving an opinion?
This from a guy who says he is from Planet Zorg? I gave my opinion, please look back a few posts!
Old May 11th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Yeoman

Yes I am from Planet Zorg, so what, in fact I own it.

One line is not an opinion, its a get in and get out quick just incase I upset anyone 8)

You seem a nice guy, but this is not a "Hello", Goodbye" board, with one line glib statements deemed as comment. Plenty of that type of thread available on Chit Chat or other CM board's. 8)

This is GRIPES and one of the only boards where people actually discuss or debate concerns and issues (or used to).
Old May 11th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Yeoman

Old May 11th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Yeoman

NVABill, thanks for this "Calm down son, you'll pop a gasket"

Thats it, it is a gripes forum, as for the above. You aint seen nothing yet as BTO once said. And you think something like this would let me blow a gasket, stick around then you'll see those words on some subjects, but talking to you right now...dont flatter yourself

8)
Old May 11th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Yeoman

Old January 24th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Passenger

Default Love this topic!

I was wondering how the cruisemates community felt about tattoos, thanks to the search feature I found many threads like this one.

Most of my friends have tattoos but thus far I have resisted the temptation. I suspect that I would regret the tattoo later. Very few tattoos look like something I would want to see daily, maybe if I got one on my backside, I would not have to see it.

love
Old January 30th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Admiral

You want one, go get it and for the right reasons and for you as an individual, not because your mates "say" have one or its cool.

Its your skin, not theirs.

If its cool to jump off a cliff....would you join the Q to jump?

As an art I appreciate it, but too many people are doing it today for the wrong reasons and usually....because your mates do it, there is some peer pressure from idiots that in the rest of your life you will never meet again apart from school or college, but they "got you a tat" as a memory of their ignorance and your ability to stand up.

But all that is just a snap shot in time in that as a youngster, it makes you feel part of "something" back then in your life..mmm, but what about in ten or twenty years from then, still feel the same?

All the wrong reasons for having them...young people do it for yourself in everything in life, but do not be peer pressured into things that you know in your heart is not for you as a person, drink, drugs, eg someone elses interpretation of "this will be fun" and in their eyes you will be cool...WHO cares?

I have listened to many idiots in my time in regard to "what would be cool", but always did what I wanted to do, and not because they said it would be.

And look at me a totally balanced individual..just kidding. But I am my own person 8)
Old January 30th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Familiar Face

Unfortunately, many people "judge" people with tattoos as being bad, druggies or thieves. My daughter has many tats, I myself have 3 small ones. I have witnessed people glaring at her tats, which at least I can say, they are all in good taste. She is a lovely young woman. Hard working, respectible, tax paying citizen. She just likes this form of art. It is a form of art and many, as in any form of art, don't appreciate it. You know what the old saying is of "don't judge a book by it's cover." Too often, people judge another before ever getting to know the person.
Star Princess-Alaska 2008
Star Princess-Alaska (again) 2009
HAL Oosterdam - New Year's 2009 into 2010
Carnival Spirit-Baja Birthday Cruise 2010
NCL Spirit - W Caribbean Bday Cruise Oct 2011
Island Princess -Alaska to Denali 2012
Coral Princess - Panama Canal 2013
2014 Booked - Azamara Barcelona to Monte
Carlo
2015 Booked - Carnival Dream to Caribbean

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:11 PM
Admiral

Totally agree and more than you know about "don't judge a book by it's cover." ,,,yeah big time

If your daughter as a person and in her own right, decides to do it....then who has the right to be the critic in her personal choice? Does anyone want to stand up and say that they have that right?

My main worry or concern is with those that only do it under peer pressure from others, and it was not actually their choice or thought to have it.

As for others seeing her and making “judgement�.. then the blame sits with the “judge� and how they think about others as people.

THEY have went into a pre conceived mental response regarding someone that they seen, that happens to have a tat, or a limp or ginger hair or a funny accent, or does not dress in a way that ticks their boxes,,,mmmm

All of that is so wrong,,,so very wrong. Tats seen on others and how you deal with it are just an excuse for some other people to show their inability to accept things that do not meet their pre conceived ideas of those people that “I will meet on ship� for my money and will fit into my bubble or comfort zone.

You want that expectation of others, then rent a private yacht, if not sorry but the rest of us will be there as well.
Old February 1st, 2008, 10:03 PM
Familiar Face

It is so true that people are judged not only by tatts but other things as well. I am from Texas and yes, I do have a slight accent. I am perceived by many as a "hick." Or because I have red hair, I am judged to be "hotheaded," which I am so the opposite of that. I raised my beautiful young woman child as being open minded and non judgemental which she is. Too bad others don't see her in true light as the most giving hearted young woman she is. They see her as a "bad girl" because of her tatts. I love them, they are totally her. As far as my tatts are concerned, I got mine during a specific period of my life... a butterfly for hope, a drangonfly for freedom and an oriental sign for peace. I got them for me, not to impress others and I really don't care what strangers think of me because my family knows how I am. If others want to judge me then so be it. It is their loss. Good job on explaining the "judgement" of others.
Star Princess-Alaska 2008
Star Princess-Alaska (again) 2009
HAL Oosterdam - New Year's 2009 into 2010
Carnival Spirit-Baja Birthday Cruise 2010
NCL Spirit - W Caribbean Bday Cruise Oct 2011
Island Princess -Alaska to Denali 2012
Coral Princess - Panama Canal 2013
2014 Booked - Azamara Barcelona to Monte
Carlo
2015 Booked - Carnival Dream to Caribbean

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 6th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Admiral

Actually, there are some cases where one should judge another by the tattoos that are shown. Go to any search engine and type in "gang or prison tattoos" and see what the tattoos mean and then you'll be shocked at how many of these fine people are among us.

After my many years of being the supervisor of a gang investigation unit I have learned to look at all tattoos everywhere I go.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.