CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Travel Gripes! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/)
-   -   Would You Cruise With These People (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/307308-would-you-cruise-these-people.html)

Paul B January 21st, 2006 12:06 PM

Would You Cruise With These People

Rude, old, smelly, tatoooed, smoking, booze smuggling, blue jean wearing,
people from New York who take nasty young children and their screaming infant siblings on cruises, breast feed them in the dining room on formal nights and them give no tips to their steward or wait staff.

Have I left anyone out?

arwenmark January 21st, 2006 12:24 PM

Yup you forgot those of us in wheelchairs that have the nerve to take elevators and hold up lines.

UConn1 January 21st, 2006 12:54 PM

You forgot us slightly overwieght people...you know those of us who aren't a size two...

But if I choose not to cruise with any of those people, I would never be able to cruise. I don't let others bother me on a cruise, I just ignore them. Why waste my vacation time worrying about other people???

I smoke, but only in desinated areas; I am not a size two, but I wear clothes that fit; I take a bottle of Parrot Bay on board, because they don't serve it at the bars; and I have a tattoo, but you will only see it if I wear a low cut bathing suit....so if you don't want to cruise with me, then I suggest not booking the two cruises listed below.

banker January 21st, 2006 01:04 PM

what about just plain unattractive people like me. Shouldn't nice things in life be more for good looking people, like in a beer commercial?

banker

venice January 21st, 2006 03:28 PM

UConn1...now about that bathing suit and tatoo (VBG)

venice January 21st, 2006 03:30 PM

what about racist and right wing religous zealots and fat nudist and people with really bad cases of acne and people who don't use any type of underarm perspiration stuff and ...oh I could go on and on (VBG)

Sailing gal January 21st, 2006 03:58 PM

Oh darn...I almost sqeeked by accept the New York part. LOL

Karen

You left out the grouches. :wink:

bububr January 22nd, 2006 09:55 AM

sailing gal

I'm a grouch...but I know MANY people who like to sail with me :shock:

I have made many friends on my cruises, and they still call me a grouch.

I guess i'm just a 'fun' grouch.

Dave :twisted:

lougee1043 January 23rd, 2006 07:08 PM

Re: Would You Cruise With These People

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul B
Rude, old, smelly, tatoooed, smoking, booze smuggling, blue jean wearing,
people from New York who take nasty young children and their screaming infant siblings on cruises, breast feed them in the dining room on formal nights and them give no tips to their steward or wait staff.

Have I left anyone out?

maybe some of the people who live in your town --- people who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones

Paul B January 23rd, 2006 07:34 PM

As hard as we try, none of us can be all of the things I listed, and that is a real shame. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

hazelson January 23rd, 2006 08:05 PM

I think it's time for a group cruise with "all of the above!!!"

Paul Motter January 29th, 2006 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazelson

:D

Cruznut2 January 30th, 2006 09:18 AM

I am not attractive by any stretch of the imagination. Soooooooo if you don't like my looks look elsewhere. I am what I am and I like the person I am.
Hazelson, I think that is a grand idea!!

Laura

Texasmunk February 1st, 2006 06:17 PM

hey venice!

Your are right, how about if you knew Teddy Kennedy was onboard!
Imagine the fun when the right wingers ask Teddy to say the name of the new Supreme Court Justice!

Are the 24 hour bars onboard?

Sailing gal February 10th, 2006 08:16 PM

I suddenly feel like a smoke and a drink.

K

Jst1jst February 11th, 2006 06:55 AM

Would you cruise with these people?

Paul B obviously hit a few nerves here, but I agree with Uconn. It takes all types to make this big old world go around and I only know of one being who is perfect. We love to sit and people watch whether we are on a cruise ship, the mall or at Mardi Gras. One thing I have learned while cruising is that just when you think you have seen it all, you find something or someone new to top off the list. I also found that anyone, no matter how big (like me) or how small will wear a swim suit on a cruise ship, even when they would never wear one at home. I don't let other people spoil my fun on a cruise. If I don't like the scenery, I just find another deck to relax on or go sit on my balcony for a while.

If Paul B has a problem with this, maybe he should book his next cruise in a lifeboat, or just buy his own private boat and let the rest of us continue to sail, happily along in our imperfect ways.

Thomas February 11th, 2006 07:36 AM

Whoa.........everybody! Paul B was being sarcastic. If you bother to search back through the threads you'll see other threads which posters have complained about the individual people in Paul's post.

He was just kidding!

Regards,
Thomas

Paul B February 11th, 2006 12:43 PM

Thanks Thomas, old buddy!

If you skin is too thin, you will get bruised a lot. Live and let live.

skymaster February 12th, 2006 07:06 PM

I really hate to cruise with anyone who is sarcastic. That just really puts a burr under my saddle, (near where my tattoo is).

Cassandra February 21st, 2006 05:20 PM

You forgot the people in the rest of the United States....it isn't just New Yorkers!!!

momofmeg February 23rd, 2006 04:30 PM

Well you can be as ugly and overweight as you want to be-I could care less. (not so gorgeous myself anymore) And I will even put up with you wearing blue jeans. Who cares if you are from new York. But If you stink and need to bathe I would rather not be near you.

Not a fan of screaming babies either. Twenty one years ago that was my daughter. We left many a resuarant with doggie bags and missed the end of a few movies too because of her.

I guess though that is the point-if she was being a brat and we could not control her-we did not subject others to her brattiness.

I can't wait until she has a couple-I hope they are the worst! Then I can tell her it is pay back time!

dina February 24th, 2006 08:35 AM

Hey... the duty free guy told me to put it in my backpack to carry on. In my defense, I still ended up with a $500 drink bill so I didn't cheat anyone. :D

momofmeg February 25th, 2006 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dina
Hey... the duty free guy told me to put it in my backpack to carry on. In my defense, I still ended up with a $500 drink bill so I didn't cheat anyone. :D

This last cruise they thought I had smuggled a bottle on-it turned out the guy was looking at my hair spray bottle of all things.

Waters February 26th, 2006 01:20 AM

I've only been on 2 cruises so far, but I really couldn't tell you about any specific cruise-rule breakers. I only remember the cruises from the 100's of digital pictures we took, our re-telling of the memories, and, well, the 8 x 10 money-suckers they call photos.

I guess that stuff you mention must have occured due to the sheer number of people onboard, but either I didn't look for it, or if I found it, it just didn't matter :)

Waters

SakeDad February 26th, 2006 03:46 AM

You forgot another "group"....... the PIERCED! :twisted: So much fun comparing poolside! :wink:

SSeaman February 26th, 2006 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazelson

I think it's already scheduled........The Rusty Wallace cruise on Carnival in December. Oops, did I say that out loud?

caribbean dreams February 26th, 2006 11:31 PM

Hey, I'm ready to go on that group cruise, i got my best overalls ready and a great tube top that will show all my tattoos.

CruiseHappy June 4th, 2006 05:05 PM

I would cruise and have cruised with all those mentioned AND had great time.

I did keep my mingling with the smelly to the outdoors. :)

paddletoe53 June 7th, 2006 11:06 PM

i like meeting different people

momofmeg June 10th, 2006 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruiseHappy
I would cruise and have cruised with all those mentioned AND had great time.

I did keep my mingling with the smelly to the outdoors. :)

Yep tha tis just it. I have cruise dwith these type people too-and the only ones that really bothered me was the smelly ones-but if they had not been at the table next to me-they would not have bothered me either.