Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Balcony furniture

I cruised on Carnival Spirit. We had the room with a balcony. Loved that!!! My gripe is this. The furniture on the balcony was terrible. The chair was ok, not great just ok. The lounge was something built for a someone very young. low to the floor and very hard to get out of. Perhaps something a bit more comfortable would be better.

Laura
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Admiral

Cruznut2 between you and me Tip the Cabin Steward a 50 spot(FIRST Day),and let them know that you do not like the brown hard plastic lounger out there,and you would like a Lido lounger.When you come back that night the cheap plastic one disappears
Old March 25th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Passenger

well at least you could USE your funiture. my family and i recently went on a princess cruise and were upgraded to a family suite in the front of the ship... we had NO wind barrier. the entire time, the funiture was blown up against the wall. the only time we could even walk out side was when the ship was in port :evil:
Old March 26th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Admiral

I think I woud still be out there on the "lounger" if dh hadn't pulled me up lol. They are hard to get out of - especially after all that "cruise food".

ttfn jennifer
Old April 9th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Admiral

I sat on some balcony furniture on the Grand Princess and I thought it to be rather nice. I haven't done so on the Carnival ships but I will be finding out soon enough.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 9th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Toas Warnstadt

I found the chairs on the Conquest rather comfortable, for hard plastic. Yes they are a little difficult to get out of, but I just thought it was because of my sore hip. I used the balcony hand rail to lower myself into a sitting position and then to pull my butt out of the chair. Maybe it was because there was alcohol involved.
Old April 9th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Admiral

A person that I will not NAME!!! is back from her cruise,and she took pool blow up lounge floaties to place in the hard lounger,and they were comfortable.She also said that her husband left it out there,and it blew away.She said she brought two for their kids,so she had a back-up.Did not know she knew about this site.Do I smell dirt on the boss?
Old April 9th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Oh,and I have permission to go up on the topless-deck to read
Old April 9th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Yeoman

I have to agree with the thought of Laura (Cruznut2). I will never forget the feeling of disappointment the first time we had a balcony cabin, and we had saved really hard to get it

What we had was two of the cheapest plastic chairs and table to match as our furniture.

That was a wake up call, but I now dont expect anything more. If its better, great.