Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Send a message via AIM to UknowULoveme

We had a suite when we went to Hawaii, but that is because we flew coach to get there. lmao...we actually ended up having entire rows of seats to ourselves in coach, it was that empty of a flight, besides I took so many sleeping pills that I could of rode in baggage and had the same experience. First class is not all it is made up to be either...we flew it all the time when I worked for the airlines...unless you want to get wasted on the free liqour (which we did to Mexico ) I would sugguest just saving the money and flying coach. Besides if all hell breaks loose the back end of the plane is the safest anyways.

As for other cruises we have always done the simple window room on a lower deck...you can get more bang for your buck that way. If you go broke just paying for the room how are you going to pay for all the excursions/liquor/gifts? We did a window stateroom for our honeymoon and I don't regret it all...in fact on Carnival they have that new bedding in all thier staterooms...it is to DIE for...LOVED THAT BEDDING. It was just as good as a suite...but way more affordable. We had a running joke at our table....

"So if priates came aboard and come banging on my door I would remind them of my room location...Big spenders we are...try upstairs...thats where the money is."

Anyway you look at it...if you are on the ship...we are all equal when it comes to the bar.

Happy Sailing!!
Old November 14th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

You know. If it comes down to it, we are all braggers. "I have booked another" I have an upgrade, etc. We have a penthouse this time, and I never thought of it as bragging. It's just another room, only bigger.

I have also asked people before what they do for a living. I never thought of it as impolite, just a good way to make conversation. I guess it depends on your mind set.

Ecstasy 2005
Conquest 2005
Elation 2005
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link

biggest, largest, room, ship, suite