Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default what a shame you have to pay extra for The Santuary

The Santuary is beautiful and should be available to those who make reservations. Or just allow limited number in at a time. It is very peaceful and as a matter of fact I think all ships should add that luxury to their ships. Each new ship comes up with something newer and better than the last. Some ships take ideas from other lines and bring it up a notch. BAM!!!
But I don't feel you should pay to get this kind of amenity. I mean you don't see Princess charging for Movies Under Stars.

Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Please elaborate on what you are referring to for those who do not know what the Sanctuary is or what cruise line to which you are referring.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 25th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Admiral

thank you Doug. I was going to ask that.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old August 25th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Admiral

The Sanctuary is on the newest Princess ships, it is basicallly a tropical oasis that has a pool and it is connected to the spa facilities. It was designed to be part of the spa experience, but it seems that folks were taking advantage of just the pool..... I think it is set-up now so that if you have booked a spa service you can reserve a block of time in the Sanctuary at no charge, otherwise you have to pay a usage fee.
Yes, it is a shame that its usage was abused and Princess felt the need to initiate a fee.
Old August 25th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Yeoman

What a problem in that you have to pay for anything above the basic price of an inside nearly living with the crew cabin.

Why should I fork out extra to eat in a dinning room that has a surcharge?

Why should I pay to use the golf simulator?

Why do I have to pay for shore trips?

Why...because you get the basic package and then have the freedom to choose the extras.

In this case, I would pick up that cost and if Joe Bloggs and his kids wanted it for free...then I'd shout BUY A TICKET.

Nice to see they offer something special and stand by the rules of use.
Old August 25th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Calm down everyone. The Santuary is absolutely beautiful and lovely addition to the spa.

Old August 26th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Yeoman

Agreed it is special. But having paid X dollars to relax in a SPA and all the treatments, with its pool as an other chill zones that make up the experience.

Do I want Joe Bloggs, his kids, their noise ruining this relaxing "special place" that I paid top dollar for....NO
Old September 13th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Beginner

ijust got back from the crown 09/3 . i never saw more than3 to 4people there at a time .i think princess should offer you a coupon to use it cheaper every time you use the spa services [including getting your hair done]maybe 10 dollars off
Old September 13th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

how much (more) are they asking for??
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old September 13th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I greatly enjoyed the Thalassotherapy pool on Mercury but I did not enjoy it on Millennium. One big difference, other than Mercury's pool is much nicer, was that the one on Millennium was full of people and was no extra charge. The Thalassotherapy pool on Mercury is additional charge or included as a suite perk.

Sorry, but I believe that everything on a cruise isn't included nor all inclusive. If you want that then you have to pay for it or pay more and sail on a luxury line. The mainstream lines aren't delivering that and Princess, Celebrity, and Holland America are not luxury lines. With $399, seven day cruises, the lines have to make revenue in other areas. Cruising isn't what it was ten or even six years ago.

If the area isn't utilized then it will become something that is. People speak with their wallets and the cruise lines listen through their comment cards and their balance sheets. Right now I'm not sure which hears better.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me