Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Yeoman

Default So, what do you expect?

After years on here...Here is my real gripe.

People turn up on a ship and SOME expect everyone to think like them, and to act like them regarding what in their own head is acceptable behaviour from those around them.

And that ranges from dress, to manners, to time keeping as to when your butt hits the dinning room chair, and with experience these people are more concerned about you're actions in not being there with them in the dinning room when they expected you..and on their watch.... than the menu presented to them and their own lives.

See a link., what you are doing? and where you might be? instead of being with them, what you are doing instead that is of more interest than being with them. They should be just getting on with their own lives and just getting on with it!

In what sort of cocooned world do these people live in? They do not see, accept or experience these different people into their lives at home, so why should a ship be different? What do they expect on boarding ship.... clones of them?

That’s my gripe, people's over expectation of what they expect from those around them that are having the same vacation as they are on a ship.

And when their gripe goes into that “disgraceful? attitude regarding their fellow passengers and places and things they should not go to, as it has nothing to do with them. Then I say weird.

Yes… comment or gripe about cabins, food standards, and service as I can accept that these are all down to the line and they should be hit for comment or reaction.

But hitting your fellow passengers because they do think or react like you…….that’s well off the mark.

You have either picked the wrong ship or line and that is not the problem of the “fellow cruisers? that are around you.

They paid, they have the same rights as you, unless their actions are seen as detrimental to the majority, then there is a gripe. But not because they do not think, act or react to your personal standard of acceptability and dress code or watch.
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:33 PM
First Mate

Default So, what do you expect?

Right on the mark DB.

crabbie1
Old September 20th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Admiral

Bravo! The nice thing about cruising is meeting people who are NOT like you!

Wow, what a concept!!!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old September 20th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Admiral

Live and let live! If it isn't hurting anyone and isn't too gross and disgusting lol! Go for it. You'd paid for your cruise too.

I can't believe we've agreed on something.

Good point!
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:03 AM
Admiral

My wife says that there is no one like me. I wonder what she means?
Old September 21st, 2006, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Meeting different people, seeing new places and traveling in a way I had never traveled before is exactly why I wanted to go on a cruise. I agree with you as well. It doesn't matter what other people wear or how they choose to cruise just as long as they aren't angry in my face then its all good.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old October 31st, 2006, 07:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

isn't the entire point of going on a cruise to sit back and relax? Swim when you want to, read when you want to, climb a wall, skate a rink, eat, drink and be merry?
I think (this is just my opinion) that there are people in this world who have certain expectations of others, I am not sure why, but they do. When people do not meet those expectations, the reactions generally range from anger, irratation, cattiness, rudeness, spitefulness and other negative reactions.