Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default dining w/ the most annoying couple!

You wouldn't believe unless you were there. They were insane. The couple was the oddest husband and wife I've ever met. The two were from Michigan. They were so embarrasing and hilarious at times. This was their first cruise and you could tell. No class whatsoever! Often times the wife talked with her mouth full. We dreaded going to dinner everynight. We decided to do the buffet and the supper club just to get a break. Eventhough, they got on my very last good nerve, the thought of them makes me chuckle every now and then.

Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
We dreaded going to dinner everynight. We decided to do the buffet and the supper club just to get a break.
After it became obvious your tablemates weren't compatible, a quick visit to the Maitre D and you would have had a change of dining assignment.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 17th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Admiral

This hasn't happen to us yet...so far...we've had great tablemates...BUT IT WILL...we just haven't cruised enough yet!

Nothing beats a great meal, pleasant conversation and good company!

So, when we experience, the 'odd and embarassing couple'..(notice I didn't say IF...) ...rather than suffer...we'll just ask the Maitre D for another dining assignment.
Old October 17th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Default Re: dining w/ the most annoying couple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by san007
You wouldn't believe unless you were there. They were insane. The couple was the oddest husband and wife I've ever met. The two were from Michigan. They were so embarrasing and hilarious at times. This was their first cruise and you could tell. No class whatsoever! Often times the wife talked with her mouth full. We dreaded going to dinner everynight. We decided to do the buffet and the supper club just to get a break. Eventhough, they got on my very last good nerve, the thought of them makes me chuckle every now and then.

It is very simple to be moved to another table. You should have done that.
Old November 11th, 2006, 04:39 PM
First Mate

all of my tablemates have been wonderful and great fun to dine with except on the last cruise i took. the first night a couple that was seated with us were so snobby and had their noses so far up in the air they did not even speak to us when we asked them a question. i saw her tap him on the leg and he got up , left the table and arrainged right then and there to have their seating changed. we never saw them again. we were releived because the tension of their presence with us was gone. im sure there found other tablemates who were more their type to dine with, but our group of well mannered, wonderfully dressed and our pleasant conversation must not have appealed to them. oh well, it was their loss.

antron
Old November 11th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Admiral

We've never had that bad experience, (knock on wood) we've always had wonderful tablemates and have made some lifelong friends

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10
Golden Princess
Old November 12th, 2006, 03:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Snobs... that's a whole other talk show. We ran into a few snobs. But out tablemate was a piece of work. We still chuckle over them every now and then.

Old November 12th, 2006, 10:09 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by san007
Snobs... that's a whole other talk show. We ran into a few snobs. But out tablemate was a piece of work. We still chuckle over them every now and then.
yours do sound very UPLEASENT . i have been lucky enough to not have them for company. except at the lido deck. some cruisers really get relaxed there and let all the bad manners come out.