CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Travel Gripes! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/)
-   -   life is suite (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/323488-life-suite.html)

coconutphil November 16th, 2006 02:07 PM

life is suite

My only major gripe is that I am not onboard at this moment, but since I have only myself to blame I will mention it no more.

Here are a few loosely related minor gripes (don’t worry, I am not complaining about juveniles):

Most suites have only one bathroom which creates a bottleneck when it is time to get ready to go out.

Along those lines, booking adjacent rooms to create a true suite of rooms cost as much as a suite but does not afford the purchaser the perks one receives when paying for a suite.

Now that CCL gives VIP boarding privileges to repeat customers not in suites, the wait time can as long as going through the regular line, albeit more pleasant.

One last minor gripe: Nosey neighbors who complain about their sore necks and about all the nude sunbathing on my balcony.

Fieldmouse November 16th, 2006 07:56 PM

I think on our last cruise my HUSBAND was complaining of a 'sore neck' Hummmmm!

Funny LOL

david30101 December 17th, 2007 08:50 AM

Re: life is suite

Quote:

Originally Posted by coconutphil
My only major gripe is that I am not onboard at this moment, but since I have only myself to blame I will mention it no more.

Here are a few loosely related minor gripes (don’t worry, I am not complaining about juveniles):

Most suites have only one bathroom which creates a bottleneck when it is time to get ready to go out.

Along those lines, booking adjacent rooms to create a true suite of rooms cost as much as a suite but does not afford the purchaser the perks one receives when paying for a suite.

Now that CCL gives VIP boarding privileges to repeat customers not in suites, the wait time can as long as going through the regular line, albeit more pleasant.

One last minor gripe: Nosey neighbors who complain about their sore necks and about all the nude sunbathing on my balcony.

How can others see nude sunbathing on your balcony without having to literly lean over the rail to look? Thats the only way to see your neighbor.Sounds like they have a personal problem they need to deal with..Isnt that what balconys are for.."private"?

DayvidB December 17th, 2007 04:12 PM

If anyone that cruises thinks balconys are private,,well sorry, they aint.

Most ships that I have been on you can look over the edge of the pool deck and others,,, right down onto some of the most expensive and biggest ones.....Remember that when you book your suite at nearly the top of the ship! We can see you :D

katlady December 17th, 2007 05:07 PM

Re: life is suite

Quote:

Originally Posted by david30101
Quote:

Originally Posted by coconutphil

How can others see nude sunbathing on your balcony without having to literly lean over the rail to look? Thats the only way to see your neighbor.Sounds like they have a personal problem they need to deal with..Isnt that what balconys are for.."private"?

Why do you think people fall overboard. They were trying to see around the wall bewteen balconies. :wink:

cruisemagnet February 14th, 2008 06:47 PM

Aft facing balcony

I once had an aft facing balcony on miracle ots and the dividers were angled so that you simply had to walk to the rail to see into the next balcony, no neckstrain at all. I did however strain my groin.

love