Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Yeoman

Default Go for it, burn your self out

Go for it 8) I'm watching

Me, I'm going to take a few weeks out and let it happen.

Have fun all, but is it just me the "bully" or has someone else seen the changed "tone" of Gripes, if you all agree with them, then fine. If that's the way to go, respond to the unanswered twenty odd posts.

Me,,, I dont get it, no gripe, no input regarding subject, posts and threads are everywhere.

All yours
Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

David,

What are you talking about?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 12th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Yeoman

Okay Luanne, we have the first page of GRIPES and all its subjects filled with last post nonsense from one poster, not giving a gripe, nor advice to others.

And they are the person dragging all this "old stuff" up, as per your other post.

Whats going on here?

Read the Gripes page one and last posts, it is from one to twenty. we have a NUMPTIE on our hands.

How many people with a real opinion could "fill" nearly the first page in actual opinion.... read them....
Old May 12th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Admiral

I see what you mean.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old May 13th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Yeoman

Why are the old post still here if not to read and respond to if you wish? Isn't this a public forum you can address any way you want as long as you are within Cruisemates guidelines?

I am the one that likes to go back and read old post, is this a problem if I see one and respond?

Like duh, isn't that why they are here?

Can my opinion not be any way I want to state it from a 1 liner to a page or 2?

Sorry to upset David so much that's not my intention, all I'm doing is enjoying reading this stuff when I have time!

As I stated in another post if you don't like what comes to the top leave it alone and it goes away, pure and simple!8)
Old May 13th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Admiral

It's not so much that we see them again, but the fact that we get excited to see a new post, only to find out that it's an old one. Just a surprise I guess.

One of the ones you pulled had comments from a poster that has since passed away. That is kind of creepy.

It just takes some getting use to, so forgive us for saying anything.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old May 13th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Yeoman

And forgive me for upsetting anyone as I said that wasn't my intention.

As for DavidBGood I did not even know he existed until he tried to dictate to me how I should post.

If I use vulgarity or profanity, which you won't hear from me, please, please call me on it but dictating which post I can and can not answer, or how long my answer must be, I don't get it. 8)

Again sorry for upsetting anyone I'm just having fun!
Old May 13th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Your fine. Don't worry about it, besides you could be giving us something new to talk about.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old May 13th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Admiral

NVABill, I enjoy your posts. You add to the thread and keep a good one alive. Keep it up the good work.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old May 13th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
NVABill, I enjoy your posts. You add to the thread and keep a good one alive. Keep it up the good work.
Thank you! 8)
Old May 13th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Admiral

Bill, it's alright. Our friend David, likes to grip and that is what he has satisfaction with doing and it starts some GREAT debates . This forum is for all walks of life that what makes it a gripes forum. No gripes, no forum.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 14th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Yeoman

nvabill, just jump in whenever you want, if you stick around long enough, I'm bound to po someone soon meself......<shrugs shoulders>
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Yeoman

Thanks everybody, I really hope he comes back I don't want him to go anywhere, he's kind of fun! 8)
Old May 14th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Go for it, burn your self out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBgood
Go for it 8) I'm watching

Me, I'm going to take a few weeks out and let it happen.

Have fun all, but is it just me the "bully" or has someone else seen the changed "tone" of Gripes, if you all agree with them, then fine. If that's the way to go, respond to the unanswered twenty odd posts.

Me,,, I dont get it, no gripe, no input regarding subject, posts and threads are everywhere.

All yours

ACTUALLY ... I thought this was an old post!

I know DBG has announced he's leaving the building a few times in the past.

He'll be back.
Old May 14th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Yeoman

Sometimes, when I see it's a very old post being brought back up, I figure the OP isn't around waiting for comments anymore.
So I don't bother to post.

What about getting the gist of the old topics and using it to start new ones?

People are free to resurrect whatever they find in the basement of this board.
Some will respond to the thread.
Some won't.
Just as it's OK to dredge up old threads, it's also OK to ignore them!

P.S. I do notice when old threads are recycled -- just looked at one from 2002 -- a lot of the posters are listed as "guest." I am not sure if that means they no longer post on CM, or if the rules were different back then and guests could post.

I also notice that I don't recognize names for the most part on the old posts. One reason I like to visit this section of CM is that I've gotten to know names and look forward to those people's points of view.

So count me as one of those who is exercising her right to decide what she likes and where she will post!
Old May 14th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Yeoman

Thanks for the input everybody, like I said if Dave comes back I promise to play nice and not antagonize him! 8)
Old May 15th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Oh Man, somebody has to tease the bear!
Just teasing, DBG. You know I'm a fan of yours!
Marty
Old May 15th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Admiral

Sometimes I'll post on an old thread because I missed it when it was new and a hot subject.

I usually start at the top of a forum and sometimes I never really get to the lower threads because I run out of time. Then later when I have a few more minutes, I see this interesting thread and wonder...'how'd I miss that?'
Old May 15th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldmouse
Sometimes I'll post on an old thread because I missed it when it was new and a hot subject.

I usually start at the top of a forum and sometimes I never really get to the lower threads because I run out of time. Then later when I have a few more minutes, I see this interesting thread and wonder...'how'd I miss that?'
Some of them can be quite interesting! 8)
Old May 15th, 2007, 05:07 PM
First Mate

I just cannot believe this! :evil: Gas prices may go up to $1.00 per gallon! You have got to be out of your minds! I'll not pay it!

My bad, I was just responding to a thread from 1980.
Old May 15th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendjeff
I just cannot believe this! :evil: Gas prices may go up to $1.00 per gallon! You have got to be out of your minds! I'll not pay it!

Oh my...Thanks for the memories!!!
Old May 15th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldmouse
Quote:
I just cannot believe this! :evil: Gas prices may go up to $4.00 per gallon! You have got to be out of your minds! I'll not pay it!

My bad, I was just responding to a thread from 2007.
Oh my...Thanks for the memories!!!
Here, I corrected it in today's dollars! 8)
Old May 15th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Quote:

Hahahahahahaha!!!!! Too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old May 15th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
Quote:

Hahahahahahaha!!!!! Too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm afraid we might not be laughing by the end of summer though!
Old May 16th, 2007, 03:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

I've only been on the Cruisemates board for about a year and a half. At first I didn't even know there was a gripes area. Now that I have found it, I like reading through the old posts and I put in a comment once in a while as well. All you salty posters, the 'admirals', keep in mind there are a lot of new 'passengers' that are just getting into cruising and checking out the web looking for info. All this stuff is new for us.
Disney Wonder October 2009
RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas September 2011
Disney Magic February 2012
Disney Wonder January 2014
Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2015...I hope!
Old May 16th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Yeoman

Quote:

LOVE it!
How are you Reverend Jeff?
Haven't seen enough of you in these parts.
I figured you were spending your time listening to the CD of Jimmy's concert with Alan Jackson and George Strait!
Old May 16th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Yeoman

Yeah, it might be, but a lot of mates since 2000 or 2001 are no longer around to now comment on their comments made way back then.

And if someone wants to drag it back out the shed, then do it because things are still the same as it has not changed and give examples of why or when things have changed say give why..... express an opinion to the thread.

Readings old posts is great, but a glib comment to take a thread back to the top of the board and it ending there, is

Yeah, I now have an understand what I am dealing with . especially when some poor newbie was seen as me under a different name The comment was ridicules, but maybe not from the ex Soviet Union areas, that’s my guess as they have the money now and cruise.

Laughing my butt off

But fundamentally, I feel GRIPES is the place to discuss and debate everything from TA’s to ship service, the ship facilities or the line and what they gave you for value for your money. Give your experience and how others should NOT have to do the same. It’s the same with ports to avoid, advice on them and tours etc..

And not turned into Chat Chat V2, as that place is already there for that stuff.

At one time TA's and lines would read GRIPES religiously as it was seen as the main place to get "client" feedback re their product. Now….

It should still be the same, but that got lost somewhere and the board is slipping down the slope even more into general chat and not what it should be in my opinion. It’s meant to give or be a place to vent experience and let others learn from it..

Tell people your experience and what went wrong...so they do not do the same and waste money.

That’s what it is all about and not one liners or glib statements that have no relation to the thought or thread back then.

You are "supposed" cruisers with X number between you, and if you really want to go back to those days now being dragged back up. Then do what those people did and place a GRIPE or opinion regarding today, and not tagging onto what it actually meant back then and no opinion.... Take this board back to where it should be, the place the lines read to make sure they will get your money the next time and other passengers will book their cabins.

What are they getting now, low blood pressure and a laugh?
Old May 16th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBgood
Yeah, it might be, but a lot of mates since 2000 or 2001 are no longer around to now comment on their comments made way back then.

And if someone wants to drag it back out the shed, then do it because things are still the same as it has not changed and give examples of why or when things have changed say give why express an opinion.

Readings old posts is great, but a glib comment to take a thread back to the top of the board and it ending there, is

Yeah, I now have an understand what I am dealing with . especially when some poor newbie was seen as me under a different name Comment was ridicules, but maybe not from the ex Soviet Union, that’s my guess as they have the money know.

But fundamentally, I feel GRIPES is the place to discuss and debate everything from TA’s to ship service, the ship facilities or the line and what they gave you for value for your money. Give your experience and how others should NOT have to do the same. It’s the same with ports to avoid, advice on them and tours etc..

And not turned into Chat Chat V2, as that place is already there for that stuff.

At one time TA's and lines would read GRIPES religiously as it was seen as the main place to get "client" feedback re their product. Now….

It should still be the same, but that got lost somewhere and the board is slipping down the slope even more into general chat and not what it should be in my opinion. It’s meant to give or be a place to vent experience and let others learn from it..

Tell people your experience and what went wrong...so they do not do the same and waste money.

That’s what it is all about and not one liners or glib statements that have no relation to the thought or thread back then.

You are "supposed" cruisers with X number between you, and if you really want to go back to those days now being dragged back up. Then do what those people did and place a GRIPE or opinion regarding today, and not tagging onto what it actually meant back then and no opinion.... Take this board back to where it should be, the place the lines read to make sure they will get your money the next time and other passengers will book their cabins.

What are they getting now, low blood pressure and a laugh?
Hey Dave,

Welcome back, how about a truce and I'll try my best not to pollute this section with too much idle chit chat, well maybe once in a while just a little! 8)

Bill
Old May 16th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Yeoman

You appear to be a good person and if you and others now posting on here Get the jist of my vision for Gripes...then

Its a deal..... 8) But only if we take this board back and away from all the history now being dragged up for no real reason or opinion.

Give me a NEW GRIPE, your cruise, your experience. What would you not want other cruisers to waste their money on regarding ship, line etc, tour the whole nine yards in a new gripe.

You all have it in you, the turn off experience. This is real advice to others that only browse, but dont post and potentially the lines will read here.... always remember that. There is a chance to change things on here. give an opinion regrading something and see the reaction of others. And then see back to those days or the past....and why or how some "things" suddenly change on ship's. You think they did it for the hell of it.... no chance, they read the critique on here and how people actually felt about what was being offered.

Get this straight some that may be confused, I do this not for "status". I agree I am a big mouthed self opinionated bhstard. But Gripes and what it can offer to others going cruising and deciding where to spend their money is what I want.

ps
You have really confused that newbie by calling her Dave
Old May 16th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Yeoman

Welcome back DBG ... it's been a long 4 days without you!

I am glad you started this thread, b/c it's one of the few new gripes I've seen.

I'm not cruising until the end of this year, so I don't have any gripes right now. Not any current ones, that is.