Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:39 AM
First Mate

Default Gripes

IT is funny, but I read the gripes thread and sometimes wish that I had something to gripe about. DBG has put out some very interseting ideas lately which have caused me to think about my past cruises and any potential gripes. I believe that I am like many others who may have an experience that causes them to get irritated while cruising but the feeling passes and we soon forget about it altogether.
The cruise ships are not perfect, but I guess what I have experienced is that the good out weighs the bad and once home a week or two, the bad disappears.
I know that I will have a valid gripe sometime in the future, but all in all, I have been satisfied with my experiences.
Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2007, 12:57 PM
First Mate

Hey Rev I was thinking the same thing.

Trying to "minimize the idol chit chat" as requested ...to make my post valid for the gripe board....I searched my memory bank of my most recent cruise. 1 month post my cruise, I'm not as PO'd. Though a lesson learned...prebook a must do shore excursion. (not the ships fault, mine)
What a pitiful gripe.

The only true and valid gripes I may have had was from my carnival cruise 3 years ago...and I was so mad then that I said Never carnival again....yet now I wonder should I give them another try? Afterall I'd rather be cruising on anyship and griping rather then working!
Old May 21st, 2007, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo
Hey Rev I was thinking the same thing.

Trying to "minimize the idol chit chat" as requested ...to make my post valid for the gripe board....I searched my memory bank of my most recent cruise. 1 month post my cruise, I'm not as PO'd. Though a lesson learned...prebook a must do shore excursion. (not the ships fault, mine)
What a pitiful gripe.

The only true and valid gripes I may have had was from my carnival cruise 3 years ago...and I was so mad then that I said Never carnival again....yet now I wonder should I give them another try? Afterall I'd rather be cruising on anyship and griping rather then working!
So what was your 3 year old gripe?

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old May 21st, 2007, 03:10 PM
First Mate

Default MY 3 YEAR OLD GRIPE!!!

HERE IT IS, MY 3 YEAR OLD GRIPE...dug up from my private message sent box...I didn't see it on the reviews board...may have posted it on a different site....YOU ASKED FOR IT...FINALLY A GRIPE TO LEARN FROM maybe?? There are many gripes listed below for this particular cruise, lets see if one passes the DBG test .....

3 long years ago we sailed on Carnival Glory…during hurricane season ... Hurricane Jean came through and do you remember, she went up the east coast and turned around back down the coast?? Carnival kept us in limbo about sailing out. They kept saying everything is still a go until the day before. So we had already drove to fl . That night they said one day will be cancelled and they were changing the port. We were bussed from port Canaveral to ft Lauderdale. That was a big mess, very disorganized
( we saw 2 busses broken down on the way down, thank god one wasn’t ours).

it was my birthday when we boarded, my husband payed to have our cabin decorated and a chocolate cake delivered, that wasn’t done…just a note to ruin the surprise stating it will be done the next night.

In the dinning room, we were sat in a corner next to the waiter’s bussing station, very cramped and noisey. There were several open seats including several at the large windows overlooking the ocean. (keep in mind we were at like ½ capacity of passengers due to the storm). When we asked to move to another table, the waiter said he couldn’t because those passengers might show up??!! Also when my husband ordered 2 appetizers, the waiter had an attitude and gave him a look.
Food was poor, sometimes cold!

Also, The chocolate midnight buffet got off at a late start 1230 instead of midnight, shops opened late..Service was poor to none. My daughter however had a wonderful time at the kids camp (minus the fact that the daycare person couldn’t differentiate between a stye on the eye and pink eye so we were sent to the infirmatory twice!!!! )

Geeze, doesn't sound too bad 3 years later. funny how time heals.
Old May 21st, 2007, 03:35 PM
Yeoman

Kimbo, and a bit of

See thats the sort of stuff I'm talking about (although a bit late 8) ), just like my last gripe

But if people come off a cruise and even just use this place to vent the frustration of that incident or experience.... GREAT.

Every gripe does not have to be potentially a debate, it's just what it is, a gripe .

Posting that way does not mean the overall experience was not good, but you walked off with unfinished business 8)

Tell us here..and vent

"DBG has put out some very interseting ideas lately "

Marc.... thanks and appreciate what you are saying. A pity that Valentines has passed or I could have returned the appreciation
Old May 21st, 2007, 04:35 PM
Admiral

o.k. this isn't really a gripe...more of a latent observation...

We called to make reservations at a very upscale steak house for our anniversary. Well....the prices just floored us! It will be almost $150.00 not including wine and desert! We're not talking Kobe beef here either!

Now, just think, when you cruise, you get a wonderful dinner (depending on the cruise line of course), seconds if you want...plus coffee, deserts, etc. included in the price of the cruise.

Let's say you dine in one of the specialty restaurants...you get wonderful service, great food and deserts for a really cheap price! Never really appreciated HOW reasonable until lately.

Boy...we need to cruise again...LIKE RIGHT NOW!!!!!

(Is this a whine or gripe?....I think it’s more of a ‘whine’!)
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:07 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Gripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendjeff
IT is funny, but I read the gripes thread and sometimes wish that I had something to gripe about. DBG has put out some very interseting ideas lately which have caused me to think about my past cruises and any potential gripes. I believe that I am like many others who may have an experience that causes them to get irritated while cruising but the feeling passes and we soon forget about it altogether.
The cruise ships are not perfect, but I guess what I have experienced is that the good out weighs the bad and once home a week or two, the bad disappears.
I know that I will have a valid gripe sometime in the future, but all in all, I have been satisfied with my experiences.
Reverend,

All I can say is ditto, I too am usually having such a good time on a cruise that something that really pisses me off goes away rather quickly. I mean I'm there to have fun and I just can't seem to stay mad for long but then again I guess I usually have good experiences on my cruises. 8)

Bill
Old May 22nd, 2007, 01:29 PM
Admiral

I have been on a Carnival cruise affected by a hurricane also. But, our experience was totally opposite. Mostly because we were already on the cruise! Were things a bit disorganized when we couldn't get back to the home port? Oh yeah. But, living here in hurricane land, I know how unoredictable things can be and I found the Carnival problems easy to forgive and was actually impressed with how well things were handled.
Just a different perspective.
Also, I was on one HAL cruise that had more problems than I have ever run into. Still had so much fun that I had forgotten about all of it until reading this thread!
Marty