CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Travel Gripes! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/)
-   -   Coffee on Princess Grand (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/341170-coffee-princess-grand.html)

motorcitykitty October 14th, 2007 07:56 PM

Coffee on Princess Grand

How's the coffee on Princess Grand? Last time it was horrible. Like my Old Papaw would say..."this coffee ain't worth 2 cents".

Thanks, Theresa in Detroit.[/code]

caribgirl October 20th, 2007 02:15 PM

Don't know about the Princess Grand, but I was on the Golden Princess last year and the coffee was awful. At least compared to the coffee back at home (Puerto Rico). We are big coffee drinkers and make (in my opinion) great coffee. :wink:

sasco October 22nd, 2007 12:45 PM

Question....mainly out of curiosity:

Not just here but on many boards I see a lot of people refer to the "Grand Princess" as "Princess Grand". Where does that originate from? I don't see it for any other ship.

momofmeg October 24th, 2007 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasco

Not just here but on many boards I see a lot of people refer to the "Grand Princess" as "Princess Grand". Where does that originate from? I don't see it for any other ship.

No way of knowing-one perosn said it because they thought they were being cute-others like the phrase and took it up-I would be guessing though it started on one of these cruise messegebords.

jennc October 25th, 2007 12:38 AM

The ship's name is the Grand Princess. Yes it's a "grand" ship

Please, if you are going on a cruise, remember the ship's name!!!!

I often wonder about people that don't know the name of the ship they are sailing on, how do they get on the right ship at the embarkation port?

Just my pet peeve that when I ask what ship they have sailed they can;t remember the name!!!!
I don't get it!!!!!!!!!

Mike M October 25th, 2007 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasco

It was a dyslexic cruiser referring to the Grand Princess. Once they discovered their mistake they threw their self in back of a bus. :wink:

Take care,
Mike (In Dog I trust)

colorcrazie October 25th, 2007 01:44 PM

Mike,
Tres funny! LOL LOL LOL
Marty

billbelt July 23rd, 2009 10:52 AM

Coffee On A Princess ship

Been on three and they are all about the same. I don't recall seeing a title "coffee brewmaster" aboard any of my ships. Have you seen the kids make "specialty coffee" at the new McDonald's McCafes? They have a recipe book complete with pictures which they follow (and I might add not too well at times). On a recent HA ship we paid for two cups of latte and you would not believe the difference. They were susposed to be identical. :roll: :roll: :roll: