Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 29th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Admiral

Default Your BEST tablemates

Its easy to just kick and react when things have gone wrong in your head.

But what about your best table mates, people that you have actually had a laugh with, shared experiences with, for me there have been plenty and I know they out weigh the "blips" in my dining, cruising experience.

So I try to place them there, as the memory that counts.

I have met more people on a cruise that I today keep in touch with.. compared to other vacations...and thats what I remember, and against the ones I would rather forget.

Those I would dread to meet again, fo r every one I want forget there are ten I would want to remember, as they were a part of my cruise.

Its dead easy to highlight those that dont, but harder to give credit to those that have made your experience.

Personally, I remember those that have made my cruise, not the waster's who may have potentially wound me up to an extent that would be "my recollection" of the cruise.

You will find more you like and have something in common with in a dining room, than the others you dont. Thats life concentate on the ones you liked and got on with
Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Familiar Face

Great post, thats the most sensitive post I have ever read from you. Keep it up.
Old October 30th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Met a great couple from Kamloops BC at dinner and then found out later in the cruise that they were our next door cabin mates. Had a lot of fun clowning with them.
Old October 30th, 2007, 08:55 AM
First Mate

My first cruise. There was an elderly couple who had cruised numerous times, that were real salt of the earth folks. A lesbian couple sat with us as well and we had many laughs and great conversations.
It was during one of those meals that the wife and I decided that we wanted to make cruising a big part of our lives.
Old October 31st, 2007, 07:28 AM
Passenger

On our last (and first) cruise we met a lovely couple from Wales while breakfasting at the Windjammer. We were at a table for four and they asked to join us. We conversed for over 2 hrs. that morning, and saw each other frequently over the rest of the trip. They had wonderful cruise stories as they were veteran cruisers, and are a big part of why we are now hooked on cruising. We leave on our next adventure in about 3 wks. Can't wait!

Explorer of the Seas

Liberty of the Seas
Old October 31st, 2007, 04:14 PM
Admiral

You know I have had many good tablematesd so it is hard to pinpoint-I guess it comes from we tend to remember the bad experiences over the good.

But I remember our first cruise, this couple a retired school principal and a retired school teacher who kind've or took us under their wings-they hasd cruised what we thought was alot back then-like 20 cruises. They gave us some good pointers.

Then our second cruise we met this nice older lady who had cruised 98 times-she told us some very intersting cruise stories-like one cruise she took back in the 60's and how they were in a bad storm and the stewards actually tied people in their beds so they could sleep without falling out.

then there was a cruise a few years later, after we were seasoned cruisers and w eate with this couple, their 2 sons, and the older son's wife
(the younger son was still a teen)

This was their first cruise and 30th anniversary and for their 30th, they were not only celeberating themselves but had paid their sons and daugther inlaw's way. a very sweet family who were asking us for advice so the shoe was on other foot.
Old October 31st, 2007, 05:32 PM
Admiral

So are we talking again? Do you accept its me?
Old November 3rd, 2007, 06:52 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayvidB
So are we talking again? Do you accept its me?
Ya know- you are someone out in ciberworld and whether you post under one name or dozens of names I do not really care-I just feel sad for anyone who feels the need to do that.
Old November 4th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Admiral

Mom, I don't understand your post.

David is unique, and I enjoy his posts. Whether you like it or not, he always expresses his opinion and is not too timid to do so. Stay with us , David. I value you as a friend in print and would consider cruising with you a great experience.
Old November 4th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

My last cruise there were five of us at the table, and all of us were Canadian. Two of the ladies were friends who were travelling together. One lady had been on many cruises before and the other it was her first. These two ladies were very nice and made each meal pleasant. The other couple at our table were from Vancouver (B.C.) and they were a hoot. Dan was hilarous with his stories. he suprised is a few times by ordering two appetizers and then shared the shrimpo cocktail with the rest of us! How sweet! Mandy was quite funny herself. Those two belong together.

I hope to get table makes like the last cruise everytime because it made going to the dining room an easy choice! Unlike the January cruise when the two sisters were too deep into themselves to really socialize with my mother or me.

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old November 5th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Admiral

Quote Momofmeg: "Ya know- you are someone out in ciberworld and whether you post under one name or dozens of names I do not really care-I just feel sad for anyone who feels the need to do that".

When it comes to situations like this, personally I have a problem in responding. But I will take a deep breath and try to explain again, and why I care I dont know

Look, you are right its cyberworld, not real. But as an individual I do not take pleasure in having to reinvent myself in order to get my opinion across. That re-invention has been due to and exists only because that opinion has got "my other names banned". Not my call, but what is my call is the right to reply under whatever name...still me

Dont feel sorry for me, I'm only here for the chat or debate,,,just like you, so why are you here if not for that having posted nearly 400 times?
Old November 5th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul B
Mom, I don't understand your post.

David is unique, and I enjoy his posts. Whether you like it or not, he always expresses his opinion and is not too timid to do so. Stay with us , David. I value you as a friend in print and would consider cruising with you a great experience.
Paul you would have to read another thread here. It seems this David claims( as to whether he is davidbgood I have my doubts, ) that he was kicked off for using multiple sign on names.

It would not surprise me a bit that this is some jokster who decided to pretend to be the other guy simply because many people keep posting and asking where he is.

Read the OP's posts, and then go read davidbgood's old posts-you will see that he is "differant" now. I really do not believe this is the same person at all. As you said, davidbgood was unique and this person does not come off as him at all. Davidbgood would not have had to use another name to make a point.

In the other thread this person (the OP name here) said he was using 3 names at once and that he was banned for being argumentive-that davidbgood was not banned, but the other names he used so he now feared davidbgood would no longer work here.

To me that sounds like a cover story when the real davidbgood comes back.

I have seen these silly games before on TV show/fan site messegeboards and it was silly teens and preteens doing this-the name would slightly varey by a dash or a number-just pure foolishness and silliness. I just expect better of real adults.

Maybe I am just a cynic .

I only replied because this is a topic that would interest many. Maybe the OP started the thread but many many other people will have interest in this-so I replied to all who have an interest.

Go back through the whole thread. It was the OP that started this on this thread-not me.
Old November 6th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Admiral

For me, I don't really care if it is the same person or not. DBG was/is a complex person. So, if it is him..welcome back. If not, as long as the posts are interesting, I don't care.
Marty
Old November 6th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
For me, I don't really care if it is the same person or not. DBG was/is a complex person. So, if it is him..welcome back. If not, as long as the posts are interesting, I don't care.
Marty
I don't care who this guy is- I just wish davidbgood was really back as he was interesting-I just hope he is still out there on this earth somewhere and has not passed on.
Old November 6th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

It is David.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 9th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Admiral

What is that expression we use in Scotland "he could cause a fight in an empty hoose"

mmm, well that appears to be me...thanks Mike.

And thank you Momofmeg and my other friends, luv ya and thanks. If I appear different in reply and tone then sorry. But right now in my life I'm a bit more chilled (well trying to be), there are only so many times you can walk on egg shells and not just in posting sense.

So cutting back, having said that, about to get into some of this and you may see the old me, if not sorry
Old November 9th, 2007, 03:08 PM
First Mate

I'm with you mom. I am begining to think there never was a DBG. Maybe this is all just a part of a twisted evil communist conspiracy. You see, they get us to where we enjoy reading the posts of DBG, then they begin using other names to throw us off and get us to fight within ourselves. We become so confused that we bgin to second guess everything and everyone. Then while we become embattled with each other, a whole army of DBG's drop down from U.F.O.'s and force us into submission.

Or, maybe David is back and he is just kinder now.
Old November 9th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Admiral

Dont you start sticking up for me Rev If thats the case I'm done for, ...respect
Old November 10th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Admiral

Without a doubt, our best tablemates have been Brits. 3 out of our last 4 cruises, we have been seated with all Brits (6 person table). Not sure how that happened but we had a great time and really enjoyed dinner time. Since my wife is English, I have always been fond of Brits and always find them to be a lot of fun to cruise with.
Old November 11th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendjeff
I'm with you mom. I am begining to think there never was a DBG. Maybe this is all just a part of a twisted evil communist conspiracy. You see, they get us to where we enjoy reading the posts of DBG, then they begin using other names to throw us off and get us to fight within ourselves. We become so confused that we bgin to second guess everything and everyone. Then while we become embattled with each other, a whole army of DBG's drop down from U.F.O.'s and force us into submission.

Or, maybe David is back and he is just kinder now.
! whatever-all I know is I enjoyed posting to davidbgood. Who knows maybe this is all one person and he is a male Eve/Cybil? Or the male alternate personailities of an Eve/cybil? As far as I am concerned that is only way this could be same person.

but ya know-others could believe you and I are the same person and Dave the wave our third alternate personality-maybe we are a Cybil huh? !
Old November 12th, 2007, 11:46 AM
First Mate

There are actually only three cruisemates. All the post you read are written by the same three using different names.

Oh wait, that is on another board, you know the one that is a personal "chat room" between two freinds.
For the life of me I do not understand why they just don't e-mail each other instead of doing it in a public forum?
Old November 14th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Admiral

Confused...as I dont post on other boards, well not actually true as I did post for a couple of months (when banned here) on the new board of an ex "CM person" until Jim and his friend banned me. 8) 8)

Apart from that, I'm me...plus MIKE has confirmed above that I am the same person known as whatever David, oh well if you dont believe.

So not even getting into it 8)

"Who knows maybe this is all one person and he is a male Eve/Cybil? Or the male alternate personailities of an Eve/cybil? As far as I am concerned that is only way this could be same person".

And what would that be? whatever the test is, I aint doing it momofmeg given the above 8) Peter and the twins aint doing no male/female Adam and Eve tests

rev,,,thanks
Old November 20th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendjeff
There are actually only three cruisemates. All the post you read are written by the same three using different names.

Oh wait, that is on another board, you know the one that is a personal "chat room" between two freinds.
For the life of me I do not understand why they just don't e-mail each other instead of doing it in a public forum?
I agree about personal emails, instead of public forum.
Old November 25th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Admiral

This last cruise... John, Darlene, Sandra, and Mary. What a group!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
First Mate

Default Great Table Mates

Had not thought about this and when me and my wife talked about it no doubt a cruise we took about 15 years ago on Celebrity through the Panama Canal. There was a vice president of a major credit card company, a baggage handler for a major airline, the ship's chaplin and us two old people. What a table---had a great time and not one evening did anyone miss dinner. We still stay in touch and now we are all getting older.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 02:24 PM
Admiral

Our favorite table mates were a British couple we met a decade or so ago. It was a booth for 4 and we were a few, very few, minutes late. When we sat down, they were polite, but a tad aloof. Until the waiter came over to take our order. My hubby ordered 6 shrimp cocktails. The waiter asked if he meant 6 shrimp and he said, "no, six orders". The Brit gent looked at him in shock and asked if that was even acceptable. Hubby and the waiter said yes, so our new friend changed his order to 6 as well. We had a table covered in shrimp cocktails. Got a serious case of the giggles over it, which became contagious. That was pretty much all any of us ate that night, but it sure got us started. Ended up doing stuff in ports together and just generally hanging out the entire trip. Stayed in touch for years. Wish all out table mates could be that much fun.
Marty
Old July 23rd, 2009, 03:32 PM
Admiral

We really liked Becky. My hubby and I were seated at a table for 4 with Becky and her dad. Her dad wanted to relax by the pool. But Becky was like us, looking to have a lot of fun. This was her first cruise so we had a great time giving her the cruise tips. We hit the karaoke bar, the night club, and the deck party. She even got my hubby to dance, an amazing feat. It was lots of fun. This picture is from formal night in the dining room. She is a Las Vegas gal, they don't sleep much and neither do my hubby and me so it was perfect went to bed every night at 4AM

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old July 23rd, 2009, 11:22 PM
First Mate

So, like DavyB I am in the same boat (as it were!!!!)
I find on this site that if you disagree with one of the "regulars" or say anything "disparaging" then your post is deleted and a "severe" warning is issued.
What happened to free speech?
DavyB I am English and as so respect your Scottish ( notice I say Scottish as supposed to "Scotch" ) sense of humour. I think you would be a hoot to share a table with. This is what we are, this is what you get, like it or change tables!!!!
JennC
PS I am expecting this post to be deleted. It seems it's the norm for me.
Maybe I can get some pointers from you on how to insult the Colonials without getting deleted!!!!!
Old July 24th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Admiral

Just insult the Canadians and you will do fine. I have been deleted before just for the record. Sometimes I think I was right at the edge of the line, but the Mods don't agree. I just say oops and move on. The Mods are just trying to keep a family friendly site. So I understand for the most part (sometimes I disagree) when my post is deleted.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old July 25th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Captain

We had met a male couple with his mom during a muster station drill one time. We just clicked and now, 6 years later, we are all still friends.
As it turned out, we found out after the muster drill that we were all sitting at the same table. We laughed over dinner with great converstation, went to the shows together, cocktails before dinner, and yet it wasn't overstimulation.
Inspiration -09/05
Mariner-05/06 & 10/09
Century-01/07
Crown-04/07
Liberty-11/07
Explorer-08/08
Insignia-11/08
Destiny-07/09
Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
Monarch-03/10 & 07/10
Equinox-08/10
Freedom-02/2012