Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2007, 12:24 PM
First Mate

Default Fuel Surcharges

Worn out with people complaining about filing a lawsuit against their favorite cruise lien for a fuel surcharge!

#1 The cruise lines are willing to let you out of your contract if final payment has not been made

#2 The cruise lines are trying to keep from cutting onboard services and meet the challenge of today's high oil prices

#3 If the fuel surcharge is so high, then maybe you should be reconsidering cruising it it is a budget buster

Fuel surcharges are not new, they were imposed in the 70's.

Get over it!
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
Admiral

Texasmunk, I agree wholeheartedly;

Cruise--------- $ 2,000.00 ---ok--I can handle this-- this no problem.
fuel surcharge $ 70.0--- whoa---
Old November 23rd, 2007, 04:00 PM
Admiral

Try paying $10.90 (US) for a gallon of gas for your car, and no that is not a typo it is what Britain does everyday

Then you know what surcharges are
Old December 3rd, 2007, 06:00 PM
Admiral

As fuel prices rise, we the consumers will end up paying more for everything we use.

Manuel
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old December 3rd, 2007, 10:39 PM
First Mate

Well I want to know if the price of fuel falls will they give you a credit or a refund?

CCL Inspiration 09
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern 09
CCL Miracle Southern '08
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas Western '07
PCL Caribbean Princess Eastern '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Western '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern '04
CCL Destiny Southern '01
CCL Sensation Eastern '94
CCL Ecstacy Western '92
CCL Jubilee Eastern '90
Old December 4th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Fuel Surcharges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmunk
Worn out with people complaining about filing a lawsuit against their favorite cruise lien for a fuel surcharge!

#1 The cruise lines are willing to let you out of your contract if final payment has not been made

#2 The cruise lines are trying to keep from cutting onboard services and meet the challenge of today's high oil prices

#3 If the fuel surcharge is so high, then maybe you should be reconsidering cruising it it is a budget buster

Fuel surcharges are not new, they were imposed in the 70's.

Get over it!
and when they announced this a few weeks ago-the new surcharge did not go in effect to the middle of February for most of the lines so people could back out if they wanted-at least for us-our final payment is not due until about 2 and a half months before the cruise.

People are idiots if they think they can sue-they should read that little writting on their cruise contract and they will find they do not have a basis for a lawsuit.
Old December 5th, 2007, 04:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

The fuel charges are not budget busters by any stretch, but they are annoying. My only real question is, why are the charges only on North American cruisers? At least with Royal Carribean, they say only NA people have to pay the charge.
Disney Wonder October 2009
RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas September 2011
Disney Magic February 2012
Disney Wonder January 2014
Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2015...I hope!
Old December 6th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thasic
The fuel charges are not budget busters by any stretch, but they are annoying. My only real question is, why are the charges only on North American cruisers? At least with Royal Carribean, they say only NA people have to pay the charge.
I read that some Canadains did not get the fuel surcharge or at least they said that in a post on cruisecritic.

My guess is they will be surprised when they find they do have to pay that.

I feel it is bad business for them to do it on cruises already booked-but since all the lines are doing it-I can't see there is anything we can do-unless we protest by not crusing-and that in my case- would be cutting off my nose to spite my face as I love crusing better then any other type vacation. I enjoy bed and breakfast inns but not enough to cancel my cruise and do that instead.
Old December 7th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Admiral

Good for the Canadians if they did not get passed on the ever increasing price of fuel.

But what I do care about... is

The sudden price increases that I now pay for fuel for my car, that allows me to get to work and have done so since I was 16, and worked non stop for more than 38 years.

Thats important to me

Like a lot of people I have contributed more than most and payed my way for our society in tax and every other way that they could get me on personal contribution, but governments and others are now beginning to take the piss in this approach.

The sudden increase in the cost of a flight or the new surcharge in the cost of a flight or a cruise that I booked well in advance and now about to take. I can now expect some additional cost or tax. Why?

I could go on, and I am socially responsible...but either companies, governments or "others" are beginning to take the piss out of us.

At that stage of thought.... and my "social responsibility",,it starts to go out the window, as I ask myself. As a caring, honest human being doing their best, how much crap and squeeze do "YOU" expect us to take,? I am asking this of the people that control all this stuff!.

Stuff, that we as people have to live with, and pay for over and over again.

Yeah, hitting us its really easy, try hitting the guys that are actually making money out of all of this. But you cant, as the people we are talking about could be placed in that position and action or react because of corporate funding. Bought people, bought reaction

So back to us, clocks are ticking here and I welcome the day when "Joe Bloggs" says "enough is enough" and not in a violent way, but just say I will cancel as I am not prepared to pick up those additional costs, enough is enough
Old December 9th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Passenger

Default Canadian fuel surcharge

I'm a canadian and got an email about the fuel surcharge. I booked directly with the cruiseline, not through a TA which may make a difference.
Old December 10th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Admiral

Great and pleased for you, but you and and your American friends have missed all of this, the root cause, why you got that email, what caused that email. Sorry but do you people just "blank" the root cause out