Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Braindead Head Waiter

Have you ever had a complaint, a legitimate complaint, about service in the restaurant or elsewhere, and when you voice it they just don't take it seriously?

I had a headwaiter that I complained to about our horridly late bar service on our ship, and he said he would "take care of it the next night."

He took care of it by "talking to his waiter and then promising me they would never make that mistake with another passenger again."

What? Hello? What about me? They made the mistake with me. Am I here for the benefit of your future passengers? No, I paid to be here for me. That is the best you can do?
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Paul,
I think in your case a comp. bottle of wine the next night would of been in order??

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 7th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Well, believe it or not, he actually asked me what I thought was fair and I said a glassof wine. He actually scowled at me as if I was crazy and said "What? You want free wine?" - His exact words.

I said, "I think that is fair" and he didn't say anything except mumble something like, "I will see...". He didn't see... anything.

You know, you are already on a ship. You don't realize they will be charging $7.25 for a thimble of wine until after you get there, plus service is terrible and they have an 18% service charge.

After we had spent well over $150 (easily) just on wine that cruise, one glass isn't too much to ask, especially when they are barely 3 ounces.
Old December 7th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Admiral

Does anyone wonder why people sneak booze aboard the ship! What cruise line was that?

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old December 8th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Admiral

The worst one I ever experienced and having caught the waiter doing it was double slipping. ....I may have explain this.

Double slipping is when you are in a "dark place" like the disco and you order your drinks, waiter appears, delivers drinks, holds tight onto the slip on tray, asks you to sign....but there is more than one slip you are signing.

One is for your drinks, but with a clean blank slip below that one they can also carry your signature and they can then use that for "whatever" and against your account.

When we caught him out he bolted, slips and all. Ship management denied that such a thing could take place. Nothing happened to him or our account,,,but he bolted,,,mmm
Old December 8th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayvidB
The worst one I ever experienced and having caught the waiter doing it was double slipping. ....I may have explain this.

Double slipping is when you are in a "dark place" like the disco and you order your drinks, waiter appears, delivers drinks, holds tight onto the slip on tray, asks you to sign....but there is more than one slip you are signing.

One is for your drinks, but with a clean blank slip below that one they can also carry your signature and they can then use that for "whatever" and against your account.

When we caught him out he bolted, slips and all. Ship management denied that such a thing could take place. Nothing happened to him or our account,,,but he bolted,,,mmm
WOW I'm very careful about my bills so that one would be hard to get past me. I may sign at the moment but upon review of the bill catch it and I would have the charge removed. This is why you always carefully review your bill.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old December 8th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Admiral

About 5 years ago I noticed two charges for the same night at a restaraunt. Seems when they took my card they swiped it twice.

Now, no matter the "class" of the joint, I take my card to the register.
Once in a while the waiter gets offended.
Hate it for 'em.
Old December 14th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Passenger

On the other side of the coin..... have you ever had a complaint that has mysteriously cleared itself up without you directly asking for anything?

Eg. I was once at the pool bar and there just happened to be one of the senior officers at the bar having a drink. As I was friendly with the bar man, I was chatting to him about a satellite 'phone call we had made. I said that when we checked the onboad account, we'd been charged for 20 minutes - not 10 - which we knew was the duration of the call.

That evening when my wife checked the onboard account, the charge bad been removed completely. (The officer got our room number from the pool bar).

On another occasion, I mentioned to the purser that I wasn't happy paying a gratuity for open deck service if there were no stewards to do the job and I had to go inside and order, pay and carry a tray of drinks out to our guests.

That night the hotel director passed our table and said that he'd chosen a bottle of wine for us.

Discreet attention.

Which line? Cunard.
Old December 14th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Admiral

Good post, from what you say at least Cunard ship management appear to be in control of "things" or quietly deal with them.

Most of the rest would be a fight at the pursers desk regarding the account.

Good on Cunard
Old December 14th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayvidB

Oh yea, the old "Double Slipping Con"
Did anyone give chase when he "bolted" I can imagine security catching him and saying ..."Step away from the Slips you double slipper...DO IT NOW Too funny...thanks.