Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Admiral

This is entertaining. Lynn Knickers and DayvidB stir that pot.
It's good that your nanny became a better person by learning english. I'm glad I already know English because it's the only langague I can speak. My mom spent hours trying to teach me how to hold a knife, but I never did get that hang of it and I don't care anymore. Maybe if I had a nanny I could have learned. Oh well, I have to go they and moving my trailer into another space today and I like to be there.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 15th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Admiral

I'd like to also stir the pot, but I never had a nanny to teach me how!
Old June 15th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul B
I'd like to also stir the pot, but I never had a nanny to teach me how!
Is that why you use the wrong hand when you stir the pot.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 15th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Knickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by susierphillips
Even at home, we always eat in the dining room, every night, with formal linens and so forth.
Just habit, I guess.
I agree with you 100%
Dining Formally at home has its rewards. The kiddies can learn to eat correctly, the family can enjoy a home cooked meal together, and each can enjoy each others company and converse.
I too, use fresh linens and use fresh cut flowers from the garden when available. I do find that setting a tone is great for family values. It really upsets me to see some families on cruises, not sure how to eat correctly. Eating with their mouths open. Eating with the fork in their right hand and not using a knife. All these thnigs are little, but say a lot about upbringing and family values. I always always tell my kiddies the correct manners to use, at home and in public. i am so so proud of my kiddies, Nanny has done such a great job also. However on cruise ships, sometimes you get what you pay for. The cheaper the cruise, sometimes the quality of passengers leaves a lot to be desired. Some of them should remain in their trailer parks. Its a sad truth, but so very very true. I could remain discussing this topic at length, but we all can idientify with the trash that sometimes cruise. Living their lives on plastic. Sad.
I occasionally read posts such as these and wonder how it is possible that people who are accustomed to a standard of living such as what you indicate that you are, can be bothered to come to a common cruise board and associate with the likes of some of us. No undo offence, but at what point do people living in trailer parks become known as trash? My family and I happen to have spent 11 years living in a lovely trailer park while we worked hard and attended university before buying our first house. We cruised during that time, with cash, not plastic. We considered living in a trailer park to be financially responsible, living within our means, as did many of our neighbours. In fact, I'm looking forward to retiring to a trailer park in a sunny destination like Florida or Arizona, but I'll have to reconsider because I'd still like to cruise and certainly wouldn't want to offend anyone by daring to leave my trailer park and join them on a ship.

Who really cares what hand a person holds their fork in? Do real people even bother to notice this crap? Absolutely nothing about my family values is revealed by whether or not my children hold a fork in their left or right hand. And it's great that the Polish Nanny that can now speak english and is such a tremendous help in raising the children. The more important question is how is your Polish and that of the children, I'm sure they were encouraged to broaden their knowledge and culture by learning another language?

And you're completely correct in your statement "it is always nice to be nice". However, stereotyping and belitting is not "nice".
Old June 15th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Captain

Katlady, I love your wit, I really do. But I must confess I had a chuckle at your expense....Forgive me...In your post you write "I'm glad I already know English because it's the only langague I can speak." and I had to laugh because my immediate thought was I am glad that you can speak it because you're struggling to write it!!

Are you sure you should be moving your trailer to a new space, can the plastic that you're living on take the added burden of an upgraded lot?
Old June 15th, 2009, 05:58 PM
First Mate

Default would have commented sooner, but had to get reading glasses

Thanks Katlady, I knew I could count on you.

I actually had to shut off the computer when I read "the post".

Honestly, Ms. (or is it Queen?) Knickers, perhaps you should spend more time with your children instead of venturing online.

Then again, maybe you shouldn't.

It bothers me when I am this negative, can't wait for a cruise with my fellow trailer trash cruisers. Drinks are on me, in plastic glasses.

Anyone want to help me start a Cruise Fund for Nanny? Sounds like she deserves a good trip. The trip she's on now shows promises of some kind of sinking.

Old June 15th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Littletime
Katlady, I love your wit, I really do. But I must confess I had a chuckle at your expense....Forgive me...In your post you write "I'm glad I already know English because it's the only langague I can speak." and I had to laugh because my immediate thought was I am glad that you can speak it because you're struggling to write it!!

Are you sure you should be moving your trailer to a new space, can the plastic that you're living on take the added burden of an upgraded lot?
I'm in California every one lives on plastic here. If we run into problems we can just declare bankruptcy.

My sister lived in a trailer park for a couple of years, because it was within her means. I will admit I can not spell, but that is because I'm dyslexic. See now don't you feel bad. How the heck do you spell language anyway. Worthew8 I like that idea of a cruise for the nanny. To bad I'm broke with all these credit card bills.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 15th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by susierphillips
Even at home, we always eat in the dining room, every night, with formal linens and so forth.
Just habit, I guess.
I agree with you 100%
Dining Formally at home has its rewards. The kiddies can learn to eat correctly, the family can enjoy a home cooked meal together, and each can enjoy each others company and converse.
I too, use fresh linens and use fresh cut flowers from the garden when available. I do find that setting a tone is great for family values. It really upsets me to see some families on cruises, not sure how to eat correctly. Eating with their mouths open. Eating with the fork in their right hand and not using a knife. All these thnigs are little, but say a lot about upbringing and family values. I always always tell my kiddies the correct manners to use, at home and in public. i am so so proud of my kiddies, Nanny has done such a great job also. However on cruise ships, sometimes you get what you pay for. The cheaper the cruise, sometimes the quality of passengers leaves a lot to be desired. Some of them should remain in their trailer parks. Its a sad truth, but so very very true. I could remain discussing this topic at length, but we all can idientify with the trash that sometimes cruise. Living their lives on plastic. Sad.
I occasionally read posts such as these and wonder how it is possible that people who are accustomed to a standard of living such as what you indicate that you are, can be bothered to come to a common cruise board and associate with the likes of some of us. No undo offence, but at what point do people living in trailer parks become known as trash? My family and I happen to have spent 11 years living in a lovely trailer park while we worked hard and attended university before buying our first house. We cruised during that time, with cash, not plastic. We considered living in a trailer park to be financially responsible, living within our means, as did many of our neighbours. In fact, I'm looking forward to retiring to a trailer park in a sunny destination like Florida or Arizona, but I'll have to reconsider because I'd still like to cruise and certainly wouldn't want to offend anyone by daring to leave my trailer park and join them on a ship.

Who really cares what hand a person holds their fork in? Do real people even bother to notice this crap? Absolutely nothing about my family values is revealed by whether or not my children hold a fork in their left or right hand. And it's great that the Polish Nanny that can now speak english and is such a tremendous help in raising the children. The more important question is how is your Polish and that of the children, I'm sure they were encouraged to broaden their knowledge and culture by learning another language?

And you're completely correct in your statement "it is always nice to be nice". However, stereotyping and belitting is not "nice".
I lived in one for almost 5 years when we first married. Twenty- two years ago we bought our first house and elven years ago we took our first cruise. Even after buying a house it was still years before we could afford to cruise.

Many acquaintances and relatives also looked down on us back then too-and I used to be so jealous of some of them as they always took nice vacations. Not anymore, I know of a couple of them who had to go bankrupt. We actually paid the lawyer fees for the relative who was so ashamed of us living in a trailer park-way back then.

But that was the difference in us and them-they were all for showing they had a lot-when all they had was a lot of debt. whereas we waited to we could actually afford the nicer things in life before buying them.
Old June 16th, 2009, 03:59 AM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: would have commented sooner, but had to get reading glas

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthew8
Honestly, Ms. (or is it Queen?) Knickers, perhaps you should spend more time with your children instead of venturing online.
Anyone want to help me start a Cruise Fund for Nanny? Sounds like she deserves a good trip.
I can not understand as to why anyone would be offended by my remarks regarding people living in trailer parks.

It is true that some people in society , by choice, choose to live in a small paper thin hut type structure.
In other cases, some people are so stoned up, and under the influence of alcohol, they dont know any different.

In an earlier post I also did mention that some people with bad manners with very bad body odor, all came from trailer parks.
This is based on a story I mentioned on this forum, about a sad little girl with an evil mother.
The child did tell me they lived in a trailer type structure.
The little Girls Mother was rude towards me, and appeared to be stoned and drunk. In the Lido restaurant on the ship, she started throwing pads of butter and jelly at me at breakfast.
All I did was tell her she was a bad Mother, in the line for omellette's.

It is also true that I spend a lot of quality time with my children. I am so proud of them, they way they can engage in conversation, they way they eat, they way they can speak in both English and French.
It is also true that Nanny has played a major and important part in their upbringing and education.
I spend time on line, since somebody mentioned it, to help others in another forum. I always like to help other people.
Its always Nice to be Nice
Old June 16th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

[quote="momofmegnice". I know of a couple of them who had to go bankrupt. We actually paid the lawyer fees for the relative who was so ashamed of us living in a trailer park-way back then.[/quote]

That is so nice dear. That is why I always promote fairness and being helpful to all in society.
It does not matter if we live in a paper thin structure or we we live in a nice big house.
The fact is, someone from a trailer park paid for legal fees for someone in a real house. That is so nice, and so impartial. It suggests that you are a nice person, and is often the case with people from backgrounds such as yours.
What is so important, about the story you shared with us, is that we all be part of a society where fairness and being nice is promoted.
I teach my children these values in Life. it is so important that we pass on polite values, manners and being nice to all
Old June 16th, 2009, 05:07 AM
First Mate

Katlady,

Would you kindly pass the butter?

Old June 16th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Captain

Worthew8
I will definitely help you with the Nanny fund, she should cruise. I'm not even worried about her getting seasick, if she can live on land in that environment without nausea, I am certain that she will manage on a cruise ship. Of course, she'll have to put up with the trailer trash with body odor and the bad mothers that come from trailer parks.

Mrs. Knickers,
While I don't think I could ever make you understand my point of view, being that I struggle to mix among other social classes, I'm going to go out on a limb here to respond to your comment " I can not understand as to why anyone would be offended by my remarks regarding people living in trailer parks." My personal, albeit lowly opinion, is that it may have something to do with the fact that your comments are ignornant and rude. The rest of us are just regular folks who do not find the same enjoyment in trying to make ourselves seem better than everyone else. Among the ranks in this lovely little community are doctors, lawyers, decorated military officers, etc and yet no one else seems to feel the need to make socioeconomic class an issue in any post. While you state that you enjoy helping other people, I have looked at your posts and the reality is that I couldn't find one that was helpful. Perhaps, you prefer to escape reality and come here to torment those of us who live as truthfully online as we live in the real world. If what you type is your real world, I shall continue to pray that your children see the errors of your ways. People don't want you to be nice because you feel that it is the least you can do for your lesser mankind.
Old June 16th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Captain

MomofMeg,

What you have said is too true. We watched as my brothers and their wives bought houses that they could barely afford and they acquired the nicest, newest vehicles, while we lived in our minihome. We paid off the loan on our minihome, attended university by paying our tuition in cash every semester and we both graduated with great degrees and launched into great jobs. We were anxious to buy a house considering we had far outgrown our minihome, but we waited until we could sell the minihome and have enough cash to put 50% down on our house. We bought our house the same year my next younger brother lost his to bankruptcy (because he didn't let us know how bad it was until it was too late). We travel, while all the others stay home in their fancy houses praying for pay day to arrive so that they can buy groceries. Some people including one of our posters here, love to judge people living in trailers and mini homes, but where you live doesn't make you the person that you are, most of us know this.
Old June 16th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Worthew8
Mrs. Knickers,
While you state that you enjoy helping other people,
But I do. Last week I helped fill a bag of old toys and books to give to a charity shop.
In the local store, a beggar was outside looking for money. (I called the Police)
I also organise local groups to raise funds for the church hall. its normally a coffee morning held in my house.
Each year the ladies of the book club and I visit people and give out gifts at christmas time.
My friends and I,are fortunate to be home makers, and occasionally meet for coffee in each others houses to discuss fund raising activities for poor people. Nanny makes the most delightful cakes and scones, which go down well when I am entertaining.
So, yes, I am a caring person. I do care about others.
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Worthew8
Mrs. Knickers,
But I do. Last week I helped fill a bag of old toys and books to give to a charity shop.
In the local store, a beggar was outside looking for money. (I called the Police)
I also organise local groups to raise funds for the church hall. its normally a coffee morning held in my house.
Each year the ladies of the book club and I visit people and give out gifts at christmas time.
My friends and I,are fortunate to be home makers, and occasionally meet for coffee in each others houses to discuss fund raising activities for poor people. Nanny makes the most delightful cakes and scones, which go down well when I am entertaining.

You are so caring you called police on a poor beggar? YES, that is really CARING of you.

I hate to say it-but you may as well stay away from the caribbean-beggars are everywhere there-you would hate it-and I don't think the police do anything about it-!

I am not sure if you are "for real" or pulling our legs-but I must say this-if you can afford a nanny (who also seems to be your cook)-then you can afford to stay off mainstream lines and rubbing shoulders with "riffraff."
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Anyone want to help me start a Cruise Fund for Nanny? Sounds like she deserves a good trip.
I can not understand as to why anyone would be offended by my remarks regarding people living in trailer parks.

It is true that some people in society , by choice, choose to live in a small paper thin hut type structure.
In other cases, some people are so stoned up, and under the influence of alcohol, they dont know any different.

In an earlier post I also did mention that some people with bad manners with very bad body odor, all came from trailer parks.
This is based on a story I mentioned on this forum, about a sad little girl with an evil mother.
The little Girls Mother was rude towards me, and appeared to be stoned and drunk. In the Lido restaurant on the ship, she started throwing pads of butter and jelly at me at breakfast.

It is also true that I spend a lot of quality time with my children. I am so proud of them, they way they can engage in conversation, they way they eat, they way they can speak in both English and French.
It is also true that Nanny has played a major and important part in their upbringing and education.
I spend time on line, since somebody mentioned it, to help others in another forum. I always like to help other people.
Manufactured home.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg
Quote:
Quote:
Worthew8
Mrs. Knickers,

You are so caring you called police on a poor beggar? YES, that is really CARING of you.

I hate to say it-but you may as well stay away from the caribbean-beggars are everywhere there-you would hate it-and I don't think the police do anything about it-!

I am not sure if you are "for real" or pulling our legs-but I must say this-if you can afford a nanny (who also seems to be your cook)-then you can afford to stay off mainstream lines and rubbing shoulders with "riffraff."
My leg hurts, don't yank so hard. It's still entertaining I'm guessing the picture is from a catalog on the internet.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Katlady,

Would you kindly pass the butter?
Duck

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Admiral

[quote=Lynn Knickers]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "momofmegnice". I know of a couple of them who had to go bankrupt. We actually paid the lawyer fees for the relative who was so ashamed of us living in a trailer park-way back then.[/quote

That is so nice dear. That is why I always promote fairness and being helpful to all in society.
It does not matter if we live in a paper thin structure or we we live in a nice big house.
The fact is, someone from a trailer park paid for legal fees for someone in a real house. That is so nice, and so impartial. It suggests that you are a nice person, and is often the case with people from backgrounds such as yours.
What is so important, about the story you shared with us, is that we all be part of a society where fairness and being nice is promoted.
I teach my children these values in Life. it is so important that we pass on polite values, manners and being nice to all
Oh no-we did not live in a mobile home park when weI paid her fees. We could not afford to back then. We paid her fees about 3 years ago when she went bankrupt.

My point (which you entirely missed) was she made fun of us and was ashamed of us for living there- even my FIL was embarrassed and offered to pay half the rent on an apartment for us. We preferred living in a mobile home in a trailer park-NOT because it was cheaper as my FIL mistakenly assumed, but because our experience with apartment living was being infested with roaches, that it seemed nothing could be done about, since your neighbors are right up on you in apartments. So we bought a mobile home and lived in a mobile home park-where at least your neighbor was 12 feet away and so you did not get their roaches whenever the exterminator came to their place and vice versa for when he came to our place.

That is why we chose a mobile home until we could afford to buy a house.

Now let me tell you a little bit of the story with the relative-she had no qualms about taking money from our FIL. He often bailed her out before she finally got a well paying job. She was well educated and, so eventually, made a very good income-but she also had a lot of bills-that her income did cover for a time. Then 9-11 happened. My FIL died, and about a year after this, her company folded and she lost her job.

Six months after losing her job, she was working a job that was commission based, she took a vacation to Europe for two weeks. We assumed she was doing well with her new job- until about 3 years after this-when we learned she was $75,000 in debt. Why? Because whenever she did not make enough commission, she would put groceries, electric bill, whatever on her credit cards and then she would only make the minumin payment- and she even did this the months she made good commission, instead of trying to get her bills paid down.

The thing was-if she had told us- we would have GIVEN her the couple of hundred here and there-the problem WAS-she did not tell us-and as she was still doing things like trips to Europe, going to Colorado for skiing tips-etc. We ASSUMED she did not need help.
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:

What cruiseline did you cruise? Where did you cruise to? What were the stops? When did the cruise happen? Did your husband go on the cruise with you? Did you kids? How many kids do you have? How old are they?

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Quote:
Quote:

Manufactured home.

I would live there-but I would want to put it on 10 acres of land. where I live, you can put a manufactured home on 10 acres of land as long as your neighbors are agreeable-but you can't put it on a smaller lot.

Of course you could put it in a trailer park-but I wouls rather put it on land-something that nice.

BTW, our modest little mobile home was 14 by 70-! We had no jacuzzi tub! We do have one in our house though. I rarely use it-I prefer the shower.
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

[quote="katladyMy leg hurts, don't yank so hard. It's still entertaining [/quote]

I am suprised at the high level of interest with my posts.
It is amazing the amount of nice PM's I am receiving regarding this subject.

I would like to say a big "Thank you" to all of you who have sent me private messages on this subject. I feel humbled and honored that you have taken the time to write.

Thank you again
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Quote:
MomofMeg,

What you have said is too true. We watched as my brothers and their wives bought houses that they could barely afford and they acquired the nicest, newest vehicles, while we lived in our minihome. We paid off the loan on our minihome, attended university by paying our tuition in cash every semester and we both graduated with great degrees and launched into great jobs. We were anxious to buy a house considering we had far outgrown our minihome, but we waited until we could sell the minihome and have enough cash to put 50% down on our house. We bought our house the same year my next younger brother lost his to bankruptcy (because he didn't let us know how bad it was until it was too late). We travel, while all the others stay home in their fancy houses praying for pay day to arrive so that they can buy groceries. Some people including one of our posters here, love to judge people living in trailers and mini homes, but where you live doesn't make you the person that you are, most of us know this.
Yes, but because they are family we still help them don't we?
Old June 16th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Have any of you nice folks considered the possibility that we are all being had by a gentile troll. Our friends occupation is listed as "hairdresser, " perhaps to the queen.
Old June 16th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Have any of you nice folks considered the possibility that we are all being had by a gentile troll. Our friends occupation is listed as "hairdresser, " perhaps to the queen.
I SAID she was possibly "pulling our legs." I believed that, after she informed us her nanny also cooks scones for her. I have never heard of a nanny being a cook also.
Old June 16th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Captain

Quote:
Yup, her last post did wake me up to that reality. I always did wonder if there was a possibility that I was too nice and too gullible for the gripes board
Old June 16th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Yup, her last post did wake me up to that reality. I always did wonder if there was a possibility that I was too nice and too gullible for the gripes board
Well her name (Knickers-as in British slang for underwear) and her picture both made me wonder if she was a "he." You know a transvestite exotic dancer-I forget what the call them-drag queens? I sort've felt this person meant it as a joke-the name and picture.

BTW, you guys realize who stated this thread-conversationlist-who comes back every so often under a new name- perhaps Lynn is him?
Old June 16th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Admiral

Regardless of the poster's real identity, he/she/it really knows how to act elitist. And snobbish. And rude, but politely so....meaning this person really does look down on those of us who are beneath her/him/it. And probably thinks we are ALL lower class.
I have a cousin who does live in a manufactured home. Actually very nice on the inside, but they are much higher risk in hurricane country, which is where I live.
Marty
Old June 16th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg
[
I believed that, after she informed us her nanny also cooks scones for her.
Nanny organises the coffee morning, and all proceeds from the cake sale go to charity. She is not employed to cook food for our lovely family, but she does, on occassions bake some delicious polish breads. Nanny is really a part of our family now.

Knickers is indeed a slang word in the UK often used to describe underware. It is also a surname. In the US the name Peter often relates to a male body part, as do the short names of william and richard.
I have read posts on this forum regarding my work status, and have also been slagged about employing a nanny. Now its my looks that are the subject of discussion. I do ask that if you are to be critical, please discuss my views, and not my looks. I do try hard to keep my appearance. Its not easy, being a Mum, a housemaker and a part time hairdresser.
Old June 16th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
Regardless of the poster's real identity, he/she/it really knows how to act elitist. And snobbish. And rude, but politely so....meaning this person really does look down on those of us who are beneath her/him/it. And probably thinks we are ALL lower class.
I have a cousin who does live in a manufactured home. Actually very nice on the inside, but they are much higher risk in hurricane country, which is where I live.
Marty
Where I live it is tornadoes-so no I would not want to live in one now either, unless I had a storm shelter dug in the ground close by. I was 20 years younger when I did live in one. We are braver when we are younger,so even with the danger, we found that better than living in a roach infested apartment complex or with our parents. As I said, we could not afford even to rent a house, at the time, but as soon as we could, we did move.

I think my point and the other poster's, is it is wrong to think everyone who lives in a mobile home park is redneck trash. Plenty are young couples starting out.

You also now see a lot of older retired people living in them. They had the big house etc. at one time, but now that they are retired and on fixed incomes, and chances are, lost their 401Ks which they were counting on for their golden years- and so this is the best they can do.

Unfortunately that could happen to any of us.