Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Knickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg
[
I believed that, after she informed us her nanny also cooks scones for her.
Nanny organises the coffee morning, and all proceeds from the cake sale go to charity. She is not employed to cook food for our lovely family, but she does, on occassions bake some delicious polish breads. Nanny is really a part of our family now.

Knickers is indeed a slang word in the UK often used to describe underware. It is also a surname. In the US the name Peter often relates to a male body part, as do the short names of william and richard.
I have read posts on this forum regarding my work status, and have also been slagged about employing a nanny. Now its my looks that are the subject of discussion. I do ask that if you are to be critical, please discuss my views, and not my looks. I do try hard to keep my appearance. Its not easy, being a Mum, a housemaker and a part time hairdresser.
Your avatar picture is not a picture of a drag queen. It's a picture of a woman in her last 30s early 40s. I'm a little disappointed you didn't answer my questions. It's alright through I really do enjoy your posts. I also was a hairdresser for 14 years and I still maintain my license. What is your favorite hair spray? I really enjoy the new milieu brand for hair spray myself. This spray holds my hair even on windy days. How long have you been a stylist? Do you do mainly hair color or hair cuts? You said you do it part time. Do you work nights?

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 16th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
My leg hurts, don't yank so hard. It's still entertaining
Quote:
I am suprised at the high level of interest with my posts.
It is amazing the amount of nice PM's I am receiving regarding this subject.

I would like to say a big "Thank you" to all of you who have sent me private messages on this subject. I feel humbled and honored that you have taken the time to write.

Thank you again
That is nice of people to PM you directly. I'm sorry to say I'm a little busy so I'm unable to PM you. I went ahead and fixed your post. Because I wanted to be nice. I put some ice and my leg and it doesn't hurt as much. You should learn to pull my leg a little more gently. That would be much nicer. Have a nice day.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 16th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[
I believed that, after she informed us her nanny also cooks scones for her.
Nanny organises the coffee morning, and all proceeds from the cake sale go to charity. She is not employed to cook food for our lovely family, but she does, on occassions bake some delicious polish breads. Nanny is really a part of our family now.

Knickers is indeed a slang word in the UK often used to describe underware. It is also a surname. In the US the name Peter often relates to a male body part, as do the short names of william and richard.
I have read posts on this forum regarding my work status, and have also been slagged about employing a nanny. Now its my looks that are the subject of discussion. I do ask that if you are to be critical, please discuss my views, and not my looks. I do try hard to keep my appearance. Its not easy, being a Mum, a housemaker and a part time hairdresser.
Your avatar picture is not a picture of a drag queen. It's a picture of a woman in her last 30s early 40s. I'm a little disappointed you didn't answer my questions. It's alright through I really do enjoy your posts. I also was a hairdresser for 14 years and I still maintain my license. What is your favorite hair spray? I really enjoy the new milieu brand for hair spray myself. This spray holds my hair even on windy days. How long have you been a stylist? Do you do mainly hair color or hair cuts? You said you do it part time. Do you work nights?
I meant no insult- I have seen plenty of drag queens that can shame real women as far as looks. Many of them are heterosexual and married also.

Now if Lynn is a woman, a man, or a silly teen (male or female) thinking they are putting one over on us- I really do not care- but I sincerely hope no one would be foolish enough to use their real first and last name as a sign on name.
Old June 16th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
My leg hurts, don't yank so hard. It's still entertaining
Quote:
I am suprised at the high level of interest with my posts.
It is amazing the amount of nice PM's I am receiving regarding this subject.

I would like to say a big "Thank you" to all of you who have sent me private messages on this subject. I feel humbled and honored that you have taken the time to write.

Thank you again
That is nice of people to PM you directly. I'm sorry to say I'm a little busy so I'm unable to PM you. I went ahead and fixed your post. Because I wanted to be nice. I put some ice and my leg and it doesn't hurt as much. You should learn to pull my leg a little more gently. That would be much nicer. Have a nice day.
I did not PM Lynn either.
Old June 16th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Admiral

I have noticed that this person does a lot of posting about things completely unrelated to cruising. Mostly info to lead us to believe she (I'll leave off the other options) is rich. To me, that either means we are being spoofed or that she is so into herself that she just doesn't get what we are saying.
Marty
Old June 16th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
To me, that either means we are being spoofed or that she is so into herself that she just doesn't get what we are saying.
Marty
Since joining this board, I have been nice to everyone.
I do try so hard to express truth, honesty and respect in each post.
I did speak honestly about the woman from the trailer park who smelled. I told the truth.
Another poster from a trailer park (She didnt smell) said that she paid legal fees for her cousin. People who have very little, always give a lot.
I told the truth.

The human gift of giving is such a wonderful thing. I again thank those who sent me a PM to say sorry for those who tried to make me hurt.
I forgive them.
I really do forgive those who suggested I was a drag queen and and also to those who suggested that I was a having a lesiban affair with nanny.
Life can be so cruel. But it can also be so kind.
People can be cruel, but yet.....so kind.
Thank you to those who love me, and yes I forgive those who dont.
Old June 16th, 2009, 05:30 PM
First Mate

Lynn,

I don't know what kind of PM's you're getting and I do feel bad that people are supposedly being very nasty to you.

But you have to understand how the majority of us feel.

It is hard to swallow the fact that "all proceeds go to charity". Do you call the police on the homeless who collect the donation? If they smell, what do you do then?

Since you contradict yourself so often, you cannot be taken seriously. You also cannot be accepted as a 'real person' in my eyes. To me, a real person states how they feel and then backs it up with their actions.

When you can come clean and admit that most of this world considers the human race to be deserving of food and shelter...be it scones, a big house, and a Nanny, OR, mac and cheese in a paper thin trailer type structure...then I will apologize.

Until then, thanks for the soap opera.

Feeling like I'm directly in the middle of the movie Titanic,

Old June 16th, 2009, 05:38 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthew8
Katlady,

Would you kindly pass the butter?
Duck
, you better duck. I have a great arm, but lousy aim.

Peace.

Old June 16th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Lynn,

I don't know what kind of PM's you're getting and I do feel bad that people are supposedly being very nasty to you.

But you have to understand how the majority of us feel.

It is hard to swallow the fact that "all proceeds go to charity". Do you call the police on the homeless who collect the donation? If they smell, what do you do then?

Since you contradict yourself so often, you cannot be taken seriously. You also cannot be accepted as a 'real person' in my eyes. To me, a real person states how they feel and then backs it up with their actions.

When you can come clean and admit that most of this world considers the human race to be deserving of food and shelter...be it scones, a big house, and a Nanny, OR, mac and cheese in a paper thin trailer type structure...then I will apologize.

Until then, thanks for the soap opera.

Feeling like I'm directly in the middle of the movie Titanic,
I think it is time we ignore posters who simply want to start controversy. I know this site has no ignore feature, but we still have the freedom to chose to ignore- the person will go away if no one posts back.
Old June 16th, 2009, 06:11 PM
First Mate

Momofmeg,

Nahh, this is too much fun.

Besides...you're still reading. It's entertaining. They will still post and as Katlady says, stir the pot. It doesn't matter which forum, they are out there and know how to change screen names.

Old June 16th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Momofmeg,

Nahh, this is too much fun.

Besides...you're still reading. It's entertaining. They will still post and as Katlady says, stir the pot. It doesn't matter which forum, they are out there and know how to change screen names.
Oh I did not mean we could not talk about it to one another.
Old June 17th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
that I was a having a lesiban affair with nanny.
Nanny and I are not having an affair, although we did share a bed together on a ship. It was a nice experience. She is a lovely person, is Nanny.
I am so glad nanny does not frequent this site. She would be embarrassed about what people are saying....

She is out with her friend and they are decieding to buy a pet rabbit. She said rabbits are great fun. To be honest, I think rabbitts are silly. And they smell. She said the Rabbitt will be in her bedroom drawer, and not to let the little kiddies see it. I find that strange. But perhaps that is a Polish tradition. I like Nanny.

I personally believe that a Goldfish may be more appropiate. However Nanny found it rather comical when I suggested it.

I encourage my children to play with animals. We have a cat and a dog. And the little one puts bird seed in the feeder each day. It encourages children to respect animals, and I suppose in turn to respect backgrounds that differ from our own. I always teach my children how to respect those who have, and those who have not.

Cleaning out my pantry last week, I found some out of date cookies. When the kids and I were in town shopping yesterday, we gave them to the beggar, who was still allowed to beg outside the store. I again called the police. People should not be allowed to beg in public places, as it frightens the children. They should go to the charity shops. Thats what they are for. To give them discounted prices.

As you can see, I do care about society, about people, and above all about humanity. People all have responsibilities.
Old June 17th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Admiral

All i can say is...WOW!!!

CARNIVAL GLORY 4/2007
CARNIVAL INSPIRATION 8/2008
CARNIVAL GLORY 7/2009
Old June 17th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Admiral

Okay, now she is just boring. For me, it is time to move on.
Marty
Old June 17th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CROOOOZIN
You're a lot nicer than me, if I had to some it up in one word, I think I'd use "GAG" or perhaps "Vomit", but "WOW" I guess works too.

I'm with momofmeg on this one, I'll keep reading because Katlady, momofmeg and worthew8 all crack me up, but for the same reason that I don't buy fiction books, I'm not going to respond to some of these posts.
Old June 17th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Littletime
Quote:
Originally Posted by CROOOOZIN
You're a lot nicer than me, if I had to some it up in one word, I think I'd use "GAG" or perhaps "Vomit", but "WOW" I guess works too.

I'm with momofmeg on this one, I'll keep reading because Katlady, momofmeg and worthew8 all crack me up, but for the same reason that I don't buy fiction books, I'm not going to respond to some of these posts.
Oh my!
Old June 17th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Admiral

Perhaps Lynn, nanny, the rabbit and the beggar should all share the same bed on her next cruise. Then somebody could call security.

Old June 17th, 2009, 04:15 PM
First Mate

Silly rabbit, TRICKS are for kids.

Old June 17th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
that I was a having a lesiban affair with nanny.
Nanny and I are not having an affair, although we did share a bed together on a ship. It was a nice experience. She is a lovely person, is Nanny.
I am so glad nanny does not frequent this site. She would be embarrassed about what people are saying....

She is out with her friend and they are decieding to buy a pet rabbit. She said rabbits are great fun. To be honest, I think rabbitts are silly. And they smell. She said the Rabbitt will be in her bedroom drawer, and not to let the little kiddies see it. I find that strange. But perhaps that is a Polish tradition. I like Nanny.

I personally believe that a Goldfish may be more appropiate. However Nanny found it rather comical when I suggested it.

I encourage my children to play with animals. We have a cat and a dog. And the little one puts bird seed in the feeder each day. It encourages children to respect animals, and I suppose in turn to respect backgrounds that differ from our own. I always teach my children how to respect those who have, and those who have not.

Cleaning out my pantry last week, I found some out of date cookies. When the kids and I were in town shopping yesterday, we gave them to the beggar, who was still allowed to beg outside the store. I again called the police. People should not be allowed to beg in public places, as it frightens the children. They should go to the charity shops. Thats what they are for. To give them discounted prices.

As you can see, I do care about society, about people, and above all about humanity. People all have responsibilities.
I like it when you quote yourself.
BTW that was nice of you to get the out of date cookies as it's the best if used by date that is on cookies and not dangerous to eat after that date. in fact the Best if used by date has nothing to do with the safety of the produce. So if you throw away the cookies that would be a waste of food. It's much nicer to give them to someone in need.
Here is the low down on the dates.

http://homecooking.about.com/library.../aa102102b.htm

Best if used by and use-by date: With emphasis on the best qualifier in this term, it means the product should retain maximum freshness, flavor and texture if used by this date. It is not a purchase-by or safety date. Beyond this date, the product begins to deteriorate, although it may still be edible.

Expiration date: If you haven't used the product by this date, toss it out. Other dating terms are used as a basic guideline, but this one means what it says.

Sell-by or pull-by date: This date is used by manufacturers to tell grocers when to remove their product from the shelves, but there is generally still some leeway for home usage. For example, milk often has a sell-by date, but the milk will usually still be good for at least a week beyond that date if properly refrigerated.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 17th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
To funny. That was a good one you are queen of the thread.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 17th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Admiral

Hey I was on the internet and I found a picture of Lynn's nanny.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 17th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Admiral

Quote:
You need to find Lynn's beggar friend that he gave stale cookies.
Old June 17th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
To funny. That was a good one you are queen of the thread.
She can be queen of the thread but our other friend can be the drag queen of the thread.
Old June 17th, 2009, 05:05 PM
First Mate

Quote:
I think I see bird poop on her hand.

No need for the 'title', but thanks.

The last thing I want to be thought of is royalty. I'm the one under the bed waiting for out-of-date cookie crumbs. (p.s. It's getting a little cramped under here, somebody call the police.)

Be vewy quiet...I'm hunting wabbits.

Old June 17th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Oh I found her also. The cookies will be great for this beggar woman, she can sell the bags of cookies for tuppence a bag. Oddly enough when nanny saw the bird woman she started to sing this song:

Early each day to the steps of Saint Paul's
The little old bird woman comes.
In her own special way to the people she calls,
"Come, buy my bags full of crumbs.
Come feed the little birds, show them you care
And you'll be glad if you do.
Their young ones are hungry,
Their nests are so bare;
All it takes is tuppence from you."
Feed the birds, tuppence a bag,
Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag.
"Feed the birds," that's what she cries,
While overhead, her birds fill the skies.
All around the cathedral the saints and apostles
Look down as she sells her wares.
Although you can't see it, you know they are smiling
Each time someone shows that he cares.
Though her words are simple and few,
Listen, listen, she's calling to you:
"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag,
Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag."

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 17th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Oh I found her also. The cookies will be great for this beggar woman, she can sell the bags of cookies for tuppence a bag. Oddly enough when nanny saw the bird woman she started to sing this song:

Early each day to the steps of Saint Paul's
The little old bird woman comes.
In her own special way to the people she calls,
"Come, buy my bags full of crumbs.
Come feed the little birds, show them you care
And you'll be glad if you do.
Their young ones are hungry,
Their nests are so bare;
All it takes is tuppence from you."
Feed the birds, tuppence a bag,
Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag.
"Feed the birds," that's what she cries,
While overhead, her birds fill the skies.
All around the cathedral the saints and apostles
Look down as she sells her wares.
Although you can't see it, you know they are smiling
Each time someone shows that he cares.
Though her words are simple and few,
Listen, listen, she's calling to you:
"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag,
Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag."

I like the beggar woman, but she is a bit too classy to rub shoulders with Knickers.

I also believe Knicker's nanny would be Nanny Mac Fee or Mrs. Doubtfire. Mary Poppins wouldn't slum that much. she would rather be employed by a banker than a hairdresser.
Old June 17th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Admiral

Mary Poppins would be the nanny for the kids.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 17th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Well, who is to say Knicker is not a kid? I still say Knicker does not deserve Mary Poppins.
Old June 18th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
I like the beggar woman, but she is a bit too classy to rub shoulders with Knickers.
It is unfair to assume that I would ever consider sleeping with a beggar man. The thought make me feel ill. How could anyone go to bed and be so close to any person, beggar or otherwise, that smells.

I have said before that I am fortunate to be in a position to employ a nanny for my beautiful children. My Husband and I love her to bits, as do the children. We take walk's in the woods, pick bluebells, enjoy picnics,
and share quality time together.
lately I have stopped the walking in the woods, as there is a Gypsy camp there. All sorts of things go on, so I am told. The smoke and drink, which is not appropiate for the children to see.
One has to protect the little ones from the evils and creatures of this world. A mother has a hard job to do.
Old June 18th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Since Knicklers is a he I do think Fran Fine should be his nanny and then he could marry her eventually as in the TV show.

But Knickers does need a maid. We can't have Miss Fine/Mrs. Knickers making the scones. I think Hazel would be a good maid for Knickers, and it seems to me Hazel was a good cook, although it has been along time since I saw that show.

Katlady if you don't know who Hazel is go to Imdb.com and type in "Hazel" to find out about the TV show.