Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Knickers
Lately I have stopped the walking in the woods, as there is a Gypsy camp there. All sorts of things go on, so I am told. The smoke and drink, which is not appropiate for the children to see.
One has to protect the little ones from the evils and creatures of this world. A mother has a hard job to do.
Time for a musical interlude.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 18th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Time for a musical interlude.
Yes, I do believe Miss Fine would be more appreciative of Knickers! Miss Fine woudl like the drama better than Mary Poppins.
Old June 18th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg
Quote:
Mary Poppins would be the nanny for the kids.
Since Knicklers is a he I do think Fran Fine should be his nanny and then he could marry her eventually as in the TV show.

But Knickers does need a maid. We can't have Miss Fine/Mrs. Knickers making the scones. I think Hazel would be a good maid for Knickers, and it seems to me Hazel was a good cook, although it has been along time since I saw that show.

Katlady if you don't know who Hazel is go to Imdb.com and type in "Hazel" to find out about the TV show.
I know Hazel, however, I kind of like Alice from the Brady Brunch better. Plus Sam the Butcher could stop by and give Alice a little meat.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 18th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Since Knicklers is a he I do think Fran Fine should be his nanny and then he could marry her eventually as in the TV show.

But Knickers does need a maid. We can't have Miss Fine/Mrs. Knickers making the scones. I think Hazel would be a good maid for Knickers, and it seems to me Hazel was a good cook, although it has been along time since I saw that show.

Katlady if you don't know who Hazel is go to Imdb.com and type in "Hazel" to find out about the TV show.
I know Hazel, however, I kind of like Alice from the Brady Brunch better. Plus Sam the Butcher could stop by and give Alice a little meat.
I am not sure if Alice could make scones, but she and Sam would be good companions for Mr. and Mrs. Knickers. Perhaps the Knickers would just have to be satisfied with homemade chocolate chip cookies! I am sure the former Miss Fine would prefer chocolate chip cookies.
Old June 18th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

:o
Old June 18th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I am not sure if Alice could make scones, but she and Sam would be good companions for Mr. and Mrs. Knickers. Perhaps the Knickers would just have to be satisfied with homemade chocolate chip cookies! I am sure the former Miss Fine would prefer chocolate chip cookies.
Sam also would be nice enough to give the poor beggar some day old meat. Knickers would be appreciative of that, Sam helping him with his charities.
Old June 18th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Now I have that song struck in my head.

"Gypsys, tramps, and thieves
We hear it from the people of the town
They call us gypsys, tramps, and thieves
But every night all the men would come around
And lay their money down."

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 18th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Administrator
Admiral

This thread has gone completely off topic.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 18th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M
This thread has gone completely off topic.

Take care,
Mike
You are right I'm sorry cause I was one of the people that took it off topic. I will try to bring it back around. So you don't have to delete it. I will longer post off topic comments on this thread no matter what happens.

One of the things the cruiselines can do to make both types of cruisers happy (people who like formal dining and people who like casual dining) is to have restuarants like Johnny Rockets and Cracker Barrel on the cruise ship as alternative dining options. Not everyone wants to eat at the buffet and after a long shore excursion there may not be the time or urge to dress for dinner.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 18th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Not everyone wants to eat at the buffet and after a long shore excursion there may not be the time or urge to dress for dinner.
What a great idea katlady.
There are times that even I like to relax in a nice small restaurant. I never mind paying extra, even though what is extra on todays cruises used to be a regular dining experience without the charge in cruises of the past.
What a shame.
Still, it makes a nice change having a nice dinner away from the masses.

Sometimes when I return from a shore excursion, I too dont have the urge to dress for dinner.

Thank you
Old June 19th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Admiral

All I can say is I told you this weeks ago. But respect, take your own time to let it sink in.

See Lynn, I am a made up character also and my actions and reactions are those of a made up character to another one.

Your problem was that you thought the intelligent people of this board would buy into your game, you never had a game.

And before I get jumped on for being false, what I say on here comes from my heart as it does for many other honest posters. I am saying the person that is me posting on here, may not be the person that you meet or experience in real life. But thats the internet and opinion boards.

But again the truth has been exposed and people know who they can trust for opinion and even if they dont agree with it ,,,it is honest opinion,,, against those doing their "whatever" and trying to play games with the rest of us.

I will run a 101 course in another thread to help identify when someone is trying to take the piss.

There are certian people I will discount from that course as they are actually mentalists and cant help what they write,,,big grin