Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRT
JMHO I like the plus in plus sizes.Thin may be in,but a little fat is where it's at!!!!

Hi ya James Plus size in the house. "You can't feel the heat of you don't have the meat."

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 4th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

kat,
You betcha!
Old March 4th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
O.K. Good.

BTW, I am the fashion police. But only in my head All of my observations are my minds voice talking only to me.

Example, my co-worker was in church on yesterday and one of the elderly ladies of the church made several comments about the fact that my co-worker has been gaining weight. The senior lady would not let it go and went on and on. And, as my co-worker relayed the story to me, I could tell that this woman had really hurt her feelings and made her feel very bad.

IMHO, what this older woman did to this lady was inexcuseable. The older woman had the right to notice the weight gain, to think about the weight gain and to remember the weight gain. However, she had no right no matter how old she was to "mention" the weight gain.

That was just plain rude, hurtful and so unnecessary.

So I am the fashion police only in my head and would never ever say anything to, around or about someone that would make they feel in any way subconscious. I may be thinking "what was she thinking wearing that outfit." But I am saying "I love that red scarf. It is so pretty."

Why hurt someone's feelings when you don't have to?
I missed this post yesterday. I have had this happen to me while I was cutting this elderly woman's hair and she told me I was gaining weight and I should lose it. The mohawk looked really good on her. My weight yo-yos quite a bit. I never understand why people feel the need to tell you you have gained weight like your clothes fitting to tight is not a tip off. I'm sorry to hear this happened to your co-worker.

I will admit one thing I do in my head. I was a hairdresser for 14 years. I always look at people's hair I look at the haircut for mistakes, I notice men wearing toupees, women with bad hair color, and I mentally recut and color thier hair in a style I think will look better. So I guess I'm the Hair Police. I have been married 14 years and now my hubby does it to.
Katie lady, that is absolutely my point. You check out hairstyles. I understand that. I check out clothing and fit (partly because I am jealous that I can't wear some of the latest fashions so I pick other women apart )

It is not something you do out loud or let others know you are "reassessing". It is a fun mental game. When I am on subway in NYC, I mentally rearrange many women's look. But wait, don't let her be really cute and shapely, then that woman gets a double makeover!

Totally harmless. No one knows. That is why I bring it up on this anoymous board. This is one place that I can express some of my observations without offending anyone or hurting feelings.

Kat and Queen are both very attractive women. More than likely, my policing would pass over you ladies because you would get a "yes, she looks pretty good," and then move on to a more challenging subject. Like someone with the muffin look.

As far as beach/pool look, most times I am too busy checking out the pretty print on bathing suits to really pay attention too much to who should or shouldn't wear something. You have to really be over the top to catch my attention.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Admiral

It's ALIVE!!!!!!!
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinker250
It's ALIVE!!!!!!!
Anyday above ground is a good day.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Admiral

This thread gets CPR once a day.
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Admiral

I still remember this young man coming into the salon I worked at. He was weaing glasses and his hair was parted down the middle lying flat to his head. He took off his glasses and he had these wonderful blue eyes. I cut his hair and played around with it until it was in a shape I liked. He looked so hot. I was amazed. I asked how he liked his haircut he put the glasses on and reparted his hair. Back to normal I wanted to say NO!!!! Don't do that to your hair wear it like this. I still regret I didn't show him how I thought his hair should be styled. He may have appreicated my help. I'll never know cause I didn't try.

The appearence of beauty and wealth can be an illusion built on makeup or credit cards. If you know how; you can create the illusion of anything. The more I haircut the more I learned about people. It was an interesting job. Tax Collector was also interesting. I like jobs were I see what people are trying to hide. But I'll never tell.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Admiral

"Only her hairdresser knows for sure."
Old March 5th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Quote:
I still remember this young man coming into the salon I worked at. He was weaing glasses and his hair was parted down the middle lying flat to his head. He took off his glasses and he had these wonderful blue eyes. I cut his hair and played around with it until it was in a shape I liked. He looked so hot. I was amazed. I asked how he liked his haircut he put the glasses on and reparted his hair. Back to normal I wanted to say NO!!!! Don't do that to your hair wear it like this. I still regret I didn't show him how I thought his hair should be styled. He may have appreicated my help. I'll never know cause I didn't try.

The appearence of beauty and wealth can be an illusion built on makeup or credit cards. If you know how; you can create the illusion of anything. The more I haircut the more I learned about people. It was an interesting job. Tax Collector was also interesting. I like jobs were I see what people are trying to hide. But I'll never tell.
kat,
Could that be known as a "PARTING" of the ways?
Old March 5th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Quote:
It's ALIVE!!!!!!!
RInker is this your favorite thread???

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 5th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Entertaining thread! Great way to start my day!

My attitude is live and let live. And if you don't like what you see, have another beer and don't worry about it.

Dean
Old March 5th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Dean

My attitude is live and let live. And if you don't like what you see, have another beer and don't worry about it.

Dean
So true!

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old March 5th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Quote:
It's ALIVE!!!!!!!
RInker is this your favorite thread???

Not really
Old March 5th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Dean

Dean
So true!
CQ...you're kidding, right?
Old March 30th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to christitunes

Quote:
I have read this thread and I have to say. None of this bares in mind the difficulty some women have in finding a suit. Women with unusual body shapes have more trouble finding swim wear. If your top is bigger then normal a one piece will never fit correctly. I embarked on swimwear search 2008. I went to 13 different stores searching for a proper fit. If I gave up and picked a suit that kind of worked, you would be saying this stuff about me. I was determined to get a suit I felt comfortable in or I wasn't getting one at all. Thank goodness for the internet. It's a good thing I started the search early. Some of these women in "questionable" swim wear may have been under a time constrict and had to settle on a suit. Judge not lest ye be judged.
I hear ya, Kat!! I'm a big girl and always dread shopping for a suit. I found one at Target that I really like, kind of a halter/tankini top and a separate skirt bottom. I think it's really cute; function, however, is yet to be determined. My SIL and I are the same size and she hates that everything is two-piece as she's afraid the top will ride up and expose her belly. She may have a point....all I can say is I feel it's better now than it was even five years ago as far as selection for those of us with non-supermodel bods.
Old March 30th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

OK I know I have no "valid" complaint in this department. I had a baby a year ago and went from 125 to 202...lol at 5'6 I blew up. When we went on our cruise in April 2007 I was just 3 months post partum...I was probably in the low 160's, which is not that horrible, given I looked fine, I hated how I looked. I had always been a small girl, and on top of the I had some horrible markings on my skin. Kinda of like stretch marks, but not purple.

I knew I had to do something. So I worked my a$$ off for a year, 3-5 mile runs everyday, chrunches, push-ups, you name it I did it, I also had to get into shape for boot camp. I am currently back to 128 and a size 4/6 and feel great...but....I have extra skin and some stretch marks...so bathing suits are still a horrible experience for me. Espically since I am only 23, I should be smoking hot. But it is all how you present yourself, I am not going to go out a prance around in a brazilian cut bikini bottome and string top, I know I have to probably wear boy shorts and a modest top, but I am ok with that.

I think women (and men) feel so much better when they wear things that compliment thier bodies. I also wear heels with everything because it makes me feel sexier, and taller..some height always helps. So even though I do not have a really horrible bikini body, I just want everyone to know that I will work it like a professional. But when i get the twins done...you better believe I will be sporting those suckers lol

Read and post cruise reviews

Booked :razz:
NCL Sun - November 2011
Disney Dream - December 2012 *Honeymoon*

Cruised
Monarch OTS - June 2010
Carnival Triumph - January 2010
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Inspiration - July 2006
NCL Star - April 2003
Carnival Sensation - April 1998
Old April 1st, 2008, 04:07 PM
Admiral

I am having trouble finding a 30FF bikini, can anyone help?
Old April 1st, 2008, 04:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayvidB
I am having trouble finding a 30FF bikini, can anyone help?
This suit comes in a 30FF. However, the model is not a 30FF sorry.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old April 1st, 2008, 04:38 PM
Admiral

Sorry, I meant to say I am looking for someone to fill a 30FF bikini 8)
Old April 1st, 2008, 04:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayvidB
Sorry, I meant to say I am looking for someone to fill a 30FF bikini 8)
Good luck with that. Do you want them real or memorex?

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old April 1st, 2008, 05:51 PM
Admiral

This chick might be a 30FF!!!

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old April 1st, 2008, 06:53 PM
Admiral

Holy flotation devices, Batman..............!

Dean
Old April 1st, 2008, 06:57 PM
Admiral

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old April 2nd, 2008, 02:32 PM
Admiral

Have to be careful and not get caught in a remake of "Titty-titty Bang-bang" (stay away from pins).
Marty
Old April 8th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Passenger

You know when I was skinny, I was so embarrassed of my body. Now that I have gained about 25 pounds I wish I were more confident because then...I thought I was so fat!!! (I wish I could go back to that body now!)I went to the pool a couple of years ago and saw an overweight woman in a bikini. Of course she caught everyones eye....my friend remarked about how awful it was that she would have the nerve to wear a bikini...I disagreed. I thought she was beautiful.....not because of her body but because of her confidence. Im actually jealous of people who wear what they want and are confident with themselves.

I am currently working my butt off in the gym every day (quiet literally I hope). My promise to myself is that I am going to wear a bikini on our cruise in September. If I dont lose the weight I will punish myself with following thur with wearing the bikini and be humiliated in my own mind. If I do lose the weight, I will walk out with confidence. But what I really want is just the confidence to not care. If I work hard, my body is what it is. I have a lot to complain about but My husband likes it! So anyway, I do not think that people should dress like a complete slut especially young girls. But come on.....its a cruise!! There will be people on the cruise that Im positive I will never see again....(as long as they dont post my pic on the internet) so why not go out of your comfort zone a little? If people think they look good in a bikini....GOOD for THEM!!! Im sure it feels a lot better than dragging your towel to the edge of the pool so you get the minimum exposure to human eyes as possible. I think the rest of us could use a dose of their confidence.
Old April 9th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Hi Greene!
Great post. I love your attitude.
Marty
Old April 16th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Admiral

f they fit,go for it! Personally I like the ladies in a 2 size too small!
Old May 19th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Beginner

ok here goes my 2 cents on this topic.
I am 5'2 98 LBS. I have 2 young children 5&2. We are going on a cruise to the bahamas in 12 days. I needed new summer clothes an so i went shopping an got myself some really cute outfits. I have a lil tum tum i WAS very self conscious about. But I have come to realize, I dont care what others think/say. I am gonna be wearing a bikini. I am not over weight,just got a lil tum tum from having a c-section with both kids. I worked out alot, but alot of it is extra skin from being so small an how big i was prego. so people can say..omg look at her wearing a bikini i dont care. I am on vacation. I may never see those people again. my thought is if they are looking at me saying something bad well then they are leaving someone else alone!!! so for all the ladies out there with a lil extra package sporting a bikini..you go girl!!!! this world has changed ALOT over the years. who cares what ya look like just as long as you are happy.thats all that should matter. and for all that wanna point the finger an laugh. grow up an get a clue. thats my opinion. I am happy the way i am and no one can change that!!!! have a great week everyone. and like i said above....who cares what ya look like just as long as YOU are happy thats all that should matter.
Old May 19th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Passenger

While there is a general consensus as to what is aesthetically pleasing, beauty is relative and based solely on opinion. To that end, the subject of who should or shouldn't wear this or that can never be made matter-of-factly and certainly will never be won. However physical appearance is a real and valid point of contention. If it weren't so, weight loss and cosmetic surgery wouldn't be the multi billion dollar industries they are.
I have my preferences just like the next guy. Mine may be very similar to someone else or very dissimilar. That doesn't make them right or wrong - just different. So I won't beat that dead horse.
I will ask though, why there seem to be this reverberating double standard when it comes to men in brief swimwear. Again, considering the general consensus of what is found to be attractive, If a man should find himself comfortabely within that category, why is there such animosity toward him for donning a "Speedo"? Granted, society has made the female the showpiece and granted her much more freedom in fashion but why is a striking gent relegated to fashions that leave him covered? I'm sure you ladies appreciate a little eye candy too right?

Repsol

Carnival Destiny 7-27-08
Carnival Glory 6-18-05
Carnival Fascination 6-7-97
Carnival Mardi Gras Summer '83
Old May 19th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Admiral

malittlefoot971

You have a great vacation and just be yourself. If cruise ships only sailed with "super models", they would sail empty .

The reality is, here are the people presented to me on this cruise and they have every right to enjoy it,just like me,, 8)

Never be embarrassed or make excuses about yourself as a person to people that don’t matter and in this case just look around you on the ship and think… "who the hell are they to make comment about me". You go for what makes you happy.