Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2008, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Default Re: What happens on a cruise ship stays on a cruise ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCParrott
that's my motto.

BTW, my father is going on a cruise right after we get back. He is going on a 12 day cruise to Europe and said he is looking for a sole mate. You go dad! I hope he finds someone and has lots of PDA moments.
I should send my mother in law. She is such a sweet woman. I would love it if she found a nice man to PDA with and gross out the OP.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old April 2nd, 2008, 02:36 PM
Admiral

Quote:
that's my motto.

BTW, my father is going on a cruise right after we get back. He is going on a 12 day cruise to Europe and said he is looking for a sole mate. You go dad! I hope he finds someone and has lots of PDA moments.
Brilliant post, 8) Your only on this earth for so long, so make the most of it, and to some don’t tell us we cant do things that make us feel human or happy or part of society. Today with people living longer, we 'alleged' old folks still have a bit to offer in life, and we will

Hope your Dad has a great time CCParrott
Old April 2nd, 2008, 02:50 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Today with people living longer, we 'alleged' old folks still have a bit to offer in life, and we will
I missed the Barbara Walters special last nite on "living to be 150"!

I guess we all have many many years left of cruising and PDA!!! 8)

CQ's Cruise Resume

Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old April 2nd, 2008, 04:39 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to CCParrott Send a message via Yahoo to CCParrott

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
I should send my mother in law. She is such a sweet woman. I would love it if she found a nice man to PDA with and gross out the OP.
It was like pulling teeth to get him to go on a cruise. He actually refused to go. Then I signed up and started talking about our second cruise and how much fun we had on the first one, the next thing you know he was calling me everyday talking about his cruise that he had signed up for and how his bags where already packed (literally). This was in January and he is still driving me crazy about his cruise but I am glad that it makes him so happy.

Of course I have heard several times how his cruise is so much better (We are going on the inspiration in May). I told him he was welcome to send us on a Europe cruise but he laughed and said he would put some thought to that, not.

Maybe we can set him up with your mother in law or where you using sarcasm when she said she was sweet?
Old April 5th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Passenger

Default Nope

As much as I appreciate your efforts to convince me that elderly PDA is wholesome and cute, I still think old folks hooking up in public is more objectionable than young folks doing the same. Unfortunately, cruises are increasingly overpopulated with old people so it is likely that the majority of the PDA will continue to be gray.
Old April 5th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

It's good that at least one person, you, cares
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 8th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Admiral

Cruisemagnet

"As much as I appreciate your efforts to convince me that elderly PDA is wholesome and cute," mmmmm

I did not, try to convince you,,I was telling you get a life and let others get on with theirs. If seeing old doing PDA as you put it, then you have a lot to learn and a lot to live. SO actually I find you funny, like talking to a 9 year old
Old April 8th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
It was like pulling teeth to get him to go on a cruise. He actually refused to go. Then I signed up and started talking about our second cruise and how much fun we had on the first one, the next thing you know he was calling me everyday talking about his cruise that he had signed up for and how his bags where already packed (literally). This was in January and he is still driving me crazy about his cruise but I am glad that it makes him so happy.

Of course I have heard several times how his cruise is so much better (We are going on the inspiration in May). I told him he was welcome to send us on a Europe cruise but he laughed and said he would put some thought to that, not.

Maybe we can set him up with your mother in law or where you using sarcasm when she said she was sweet?
No I wasn't I got lucky my MIL is a very sweet lady. I wish only the best for her. My grandma (Avo, she is portuguese and we always called her Avo it seems strange to say grandma) went on her first cruise for her 90th birthday and she loved it. To have people wait on and serve her was a treat. She spent her life working hard and serving others she earned that cruise.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old April 8th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Passenger

LoL......What if an OLD guy is making out with a YOUNG woman.....or an old WOMAN making out with a YOUNG man???? Wouldnt that be a show!!
Old April 9th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Admiral

CCParrot,
When in May are you going? We're on May 19th, live in Tampa Bay as well. I don't really like cruises shorter than 7 days, but are taking 2 nephews, which changed our plans.
Marty
Old April 9th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to CCParrott Send a message via Yahoo to CCParrott

We are going May 10th to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I wanted to go on the 7 day but we are raising grandbaby and can't really get away for too long. leaving her with my other daughter who constantly locks herself out of car and left birth cert and ss card in canada and london. So as you can see 5 days is enough to worry about her leaving the baby at the store or something.

Are you also going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel on the 19th?
Old April 16th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Hi CCParrott,
Yes, we go to Grand Caymand and Cozumel. We're taking our 2 nephews and I would have chosen a 7 day cruise, with different ports, but my sister objected. Not sure why, since we're paying for it, but max I could talk her into was 5 day. We'll still have fun, as any cruise is a good thing!
Marty
Old April 19th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Old folks hooking up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisemagnet
I have not posted in a while and I was considering the "Young Kids Hooking Up" gripe when I realized how much I prefer to see young people hooking up than old people hooking up. Lets face it, biologically we begin to degrade soon after we reach adulthood. There is a reason why the adult movie industry empoys young people. Seeing old people hooking up is gross! So...no PDA if you are gray!
Just look away, young one! PDA, within reason, shouldn't be a problem for you or anyone. You just might learn something about respect, affection, caring, etc. We're at an age where we don't care much what folks think. As long as we're on this side of the dirt, we're not going to worry about your "no PDA if you are gray" mantra!
Old April 20th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Admiral

You know what travelbugs,,,, you summed it up.

"We're at an age where we don't care much what folks think"

It did that when I was 13, I'm doing it again at 53. But this time with my life 'taught me' version of social responsibility to others and if that in some peoples eyes means now I cant show public affection to someone I love because of my age,,,stuff them.

The problem is with them; they need counselling regarding dealing with 'older people' for something that may have happened in their life.

What right minded, balanced person, seeing an older couple kissing in public would not just think,,ahhh that’s nice and good for them as people. Hope I will be as happy at their age
Old April 20th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Admiral

You go, David. Good post. I will PDA if I want for as long as I want.
Smoochies,
Marty
Old April 20th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Cruisemagnet, When are you going on your next cruise? I will book the same cruise and hook up witjah. Man I can't wait to see you,I'll take out my teeth and drown you with unbridled passion.I'll hug ya and never let go.You are like totally awesome man! Wait a minute I gotta go pee.I'get back to ya dude.
Old April 20th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2bgreene
LoL......What if an OLD guy is making out with a YOUNG woman.....or an old WOMAN making out with a YOUNG man???? Wouldnt that be a show!!
Ya mean like wolves and cougars?
Old April 20th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayvidB
You know what travelbugs,,,, you summed it up.

"We're at an age where we don't care much what folks think"

It did that when I was 13, I'm doing it again at 53. But this time with my life 'taught me' version of social responsibility to others and if that in some peoples eyes means now I cant show public affection to someone I love because of my age,,,stuff them.

The problem is with them; they need counselling regarding dealing with 'older people' for something that may have happened in their life.

What right minded, balanced person, seeing an older couple kissing in public would not just think,,ahhh that’s nice and good for them as people. Hope I will be as happy at their age
Bingo at your last paragraph. Hope the young ones find as much happiness and contentment at our age some day!
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Admiral

D But it goes back to the problem, the big problem. When in life you would not question behaviour of others around you back home. Why now do it on a ship?

Well, I would guess because normally in your life its none of your business, so you would not get involved.

NEWS, you go on a ship you are now dealing with the public. They will be old, young, invalid, infirm,,,you get the same lot as you would in hotels. BUT for some reason because its a "SHIP" some folks expect “folks” to be different in how they are in real life…How naive 8)
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisemagnet
I have not posted in a while and I was considering the "Young Kids Hooking Up" gripe when I realized how much I prefer to see young people hooking up than old people hooking up. Lets face it, biologically we begin to degrade soon after we reach adulthood. There is a reason why the adult movie industry empoys young people. Seeing old people hooking up is gross! So...no PDA if you are gray!
I have read all the posts on this thread and I have a question, will someone please tell me when you become part of "old people", I mean seriously what age does it start?
Old May 16th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvabill
I have read all the posts on this thread and I have a question, will someone please tell me when you become part of "old people", I mean seriously what age does it start?
My parents in their late 60's say they are still youngsters!
One of my girlfriends is 35 and always says she is old!
My 12 year old son says 25 is old!

Everyone is going to have their own personal opinion on what is old.

CQ's Cruise Resume

Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old May 16th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Passenger

Old requires carbon dating!!
Old May 16th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Quote:
My parents in their late 60's say they are still youngsters!
One of my girlfriends is 35 and always says she is old!
My 12 year old son says 25 is old!

Everyone is going to have their own personal opinion on what is old.
Perhaps the original poster would enlighten us as to his definition of old!
Old May 16th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Passenger

Old isn't when you CAN'T as much as when yuo WOULDN'T IMHO!!!
Old May 18th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Admiral

Old is a constant, and in this case it simply means someone is older than you,,thats basic and you may have a "childish" reaction to others actions, as they are older than you.

But when people take that word "older" and turn it into "you should not be doing "something" because of your age" as I personally feel uncomfortable regarding your actions..... I say get it ** you,,, its my life. Leave me alone and get on with your own life.

Question: I could be 80 and kiss my 80 year old wife in public as it is a "special" time for us on this cruise. So, why should I be embarrassed to do so…... I should not, and anyone who thinks different really needs counselling.

This is all about the personal expectation of some aholes against the reality and people that they actually meet on ship. Cant change that, my best advice, is get a life, and direct your attention towards getting your own life in order, and leave others do just do the same.

For a laugh and train of thought..... the poster could have been 19 and reacting to people under forty...Ohhh so old.....its all experience and perception of life

Those 1.5K viewers of this post that never reacted, do me a favour...please.

Tell these people, and just post. Dont judge me because of my age

I will start it, "judge me on what you see and experince of me as a person" Not by my age.

your turn
Old May 18th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Admiral

David, when you reach a middlin age like I am, the judgement of others doesn't really matter very much. Fun is fun at any age, and a bit of affection should be a welcome sight.

There, is that what you wanted?
Old May 18th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Admiral

Here are some older folks hooking up!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 18th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Admiral

Nice picture Mehawk!

CQ's Cruise Resume

Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old May 19th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Passenger

Quote:
I was going to ask this same question. And also, what is so disturbing about wittnessing an "old" couple sharing a moment of affection in public? Of course I wouldn't want to see a man and woman in the throes of passion out on a park bench - but, like some others have said, that goes for a couple of any age. What makes someone in their 50s, 60s, 70s (arbitrary numbers) so hideous but is perfectly acceptable for 20 somethings?

Rep

Carnival Destiny 7-27-08
Carnival Glory 6-18-05
Carnival Fascination 6-7-97
Carnival Mardi Gras Summer '83
Old May 19th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Admiral

Mehawk,,brill picture my friend, respect and lots of love to you both.

See folks, love and affection are ageless, look at the love in that photo….Its great and for life, if you get it right and find the right person to share it with.

So some don’t agree that I can kiss my "old" wife in public, if you do, then simply you can kiss my old and wrinkly a** 8). As it’s none of your business or anything to do with your life!!!

I’m not going to change my life or how I react in it, and why should I? Should I think different because some spotty kid has puberty problems, or an older socially inadequate fellow cruiser does not understand AFFECTION and really does not understand fellow people…NO,,,,as its my LIFE, and not theirs.