Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayvidB
momofmeg

All of us can give advice based on OUR experience, but this is another's life, and they will do no matter what anyone says for their experience, or their own thing.

Not all life scenarios are the same, But yes some traps that have been available for 100's of years will still happen, teenage pregnancy, drink, drugs, etc.

Generations before us have tried to advise on things like this, but its like farting into the wind, accept they will always do their own thing as people and individuals. That’s how its always worked, generation after generation comparing their life and the older folks stand back and shake their heads, and say "not in my day" as the comment.

Well actually in your time people did, but at least today the young through education are aware of all these risks, including STDs etc.

Times change, my problem is they seem today to grow up too quick, they miss out a big chunk of childhood and innocence. I have Great nieces at 10- 14 years of age that talk as if they were 21,,,that’s really sad in my view, as they have been robbed of the innocence some of us had at certain ages,,,,but thats society today
I know David, I don't espect to change anyone-especially with raging hormones that the young have-but I had to say something to another young person chiming in on how gross it is. I had to say my bit back. ! Now it is not that I find it actually gross for young people, but I do wonder if these kids may regret it and complicate their lives, that is all.

Now my hubby and I have been in a relationship for 26 plus years, so no fears of disease, and we don't have to worry about unwanted pregancies anymore, ! So all more reason for us to "hook up!"

But please, just because we are still very much in love and want to hold hands or kiss in public, (we are very discreet and never go overboard) please don't tell me that we are gross. These kids should be so lucky in 30 years!
Old November 13th, 2008, 09:36 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to 17andacruiseaddict Send a message via Yahoo to 17andacruiseaddict

"but I had to say something to another young person chiming in on how gross it is. I had to say my bit back."

just as you, this other young person has to say her bit back. im kinda stubborn and will continure to reply until this thread gets cut off lol. so heres my bit.
oh u saw that i was 19 so yes i know all the safety precautions and dangers out there. well im not going ot say all cuz i dont know it all like im sure u dont. it is unfortunate that u know so many that have been though so much do to "hookups" but if u tell these horror stories to all the young people, u might scare them into never hooking up. lol and fyi "hooking up" does not always involve sex when us young people say it. most of the time it is just kissing.
live and let live.

dont take it personal when i say old people making out in public is gross. every generation says that about their elders. kids seeing their parents making out always say "ewww gross" and the parents laugh it off. i will be those parents one day and i will laugh it off. now laugh hahaha

Old November 23rd, 2008, 02:11 PM
Admiral

Sorry, but being old I like to read a flow in thought, not sure I got yours,,sorry
Old November 24th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Darn, this thing goes on and on. I have to say that is is gross to see anyone, young or old, swapping spit in public. I believe that holding hands, hugging and discreetly kissing is fine for every age group.

Love is all around us, let's enjoy it!!!!
Old November 24th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Admiral

Hi Paul, nice to hear from you bud, and given your avatar you have not aged a day since our last chat, but can I say your looking a bit thin in the face, and maybe you want to get those ears looked at .....Says the puppy dog 8)

But lets be honest, it may be popular and for all the wrong reasons this subject. In fact it could be seen as mis-advertising.

You give people a headline of "Old folks hooking up",,,,, have you seen the number of hits it gets It must be in the top four Gripe hits,,,,,,I think some see it as an advertisement for what to expect when they get onboard 8)

So go granny go ,,,for some it could be a potential smorgasbord regarding the talent available.

And good on them if they do hook up, even better is seeing people enjoy, but dont do it at the dining table, can put me right off my pavlova, any age
Old November 30th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Old folks hooking up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisemagnet
I have not posted in a while and I was considering the "Young Kids Hooking Up" gripe when I realized how much I prefer to see young people hooking up than old people hooking up. Lets face it, biologically we begin to degrade soon after we reach adulthood. There is a reason why the adult movie industry empoys young people. Seeing old people hooking up is gross! So...no PDA if you are gray!
You need to get a life although I suspect this is just to ruffle feathers still WE all need a littlte TLC young and old alike and if these people are having a good time huzzah

Old December 6th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17andacruiseaddict
"but I had to say something to another young person chiming in on how gross it is. I had to say my bit back."

dont take it personal when i say old people making out in public is gross. every generation says that about their elders. kids seeing their parents making out always say "ewww gross" and the parents laugh it off. i will be those parents one day and i will laugh it off. now laugh hahaha
There are times when I see youngsters, such as yourself, making out in public and I say "ew, gross!"

Time marches on young lady. One can only hope that you retain your youthful looks as you age because... you will age. Destiny will catch up to you and you will become an older person who you think is "gross". Time is not hospitable.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old December 7th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

I guess if being Gray is the requirement for being old, I will never be old, thats what they make Ms. Clairol for!!!!!

And I love to see old folks in love. I think it shows that in the age of instant divorce, there are some who did marry till Death do them Part.

Old December 10th, 2008, 04:51 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to 17andacruiseaddict Send a message via Yahoo to 17andacruiseaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17andacruiseaddict

There are times when I see youngsters, such as yourself, making out in public and I say "ew, gross!"

Time marches on young lady. One can only hope that you retain your youthful looks as you age because... you will age. Destiny will catch up to you and you will become an older person who you think is "gross". Time is not hospitable.
I already said I will be one of the older people who i think is gross now. It's in what you quoted from me, and a previous post that I wrote. And as for time not being hospitable to my looks, have you ever heard the saying "Black don't crack"? (lol well it does, just takes a little longer lol)

Old December 10th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Everything cracks eventually, it just happens faster than you expect it.
The thing to do is to apply a bit of Elmer's glue to hold it together. Old love is slower but sweeter!!!!!
Old December 10th, 2008, 09:48 PM
First Mate

It is funny to me that this post has been going on since March. You have to love us old folks. If this post had been about the young only it would have been over the same day. Just goes to show how interesting old love can be. Only 207 days till some old folks balcony love again.

Read and post cruise reviews
Read and post cruise reviews

Fascination 01/02
Imagination 07/02
Glory 07/04
Glory 12/04
Valor 12/05
Miracle 08/06
Fascination 10/06
Triumph 06/07
Inspiration 11/07
Destiny 08/08 (VIP Status)
Inspiration 11/09 (VIP Status)
Inspiration 10/10 (VIP Status)
Destiny 10/11 (VIP Status)
Enchantment of the Seas(RC)04/13
Dream 07/13
Old December 11th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Admiral

This whole thread makes me want to grab some old guy (DH is too much younger than I am to have the same impact) and go out on deck and smooch it up.
Marty