CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Travel Gripes! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/)
-   -   Old folks hooking up (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/travel-gripes/348751-old-folks-hooking-up.html)

cruisemagnet March 19th, 2008 06:00 PM

Old folks hooking up

I have not posted in a while and I was considering the "Young Kids Hooking Up" gripe when I realized how much I prefer to see young people hooking up than old people hooking up. Lets face it, biologically we begin to degrade soon after we reach adulthood. There is a reason why the adult movie industry empoys young people. Seeing old people hooking up is gross! So...no PDA if you are gray!

dina March 19th, 2008 07:28 PM

:roll:

Paul Motter March 19th, 2008 08:28 PM

Dina - you're still young.

When I met my wife liked to kiss, but we ar old. People aked us to stop, it was grossing them out.

thecruisequeen March 19th, 2008 10:46 PM

Nothing wrong with the older folks hooking up! :D They need to hook up just like the younger folks need to hook up. LOL

This guy is all gray but this couple looks cute! Nothing wrong here!

http://store.iamplify.com/images/113...pleKissing.jpg

P.S. The older folks are still getting their freak on! :shock: :shock:
They are not dead and buried yet! LOL LOL

Cruisebunny7 March 19th, 2008 11:38 PM

Young or old...too much PDA is too much PDA. Now...if it is myself and George Clooney...leave us alone. Thanks :D

Sassy2005 March 20th, 2008 03:26 AM

I agree that I don't want to see anyone of any age groping each other in public! However, I do think it's cute to see old people kiss (not making out) or hold hands. Probably because I hope my husband and I see those days. :)

Marc March 20th, 2008 03:48 AM

deleted by author

DougR. March 20th, 2008 06:30 AM

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with Marc on this one, this thread serves no useful purpose, is offensive and slanders all over whatever age the OP considers old.

Paul Motter March 20th, 2008 07:37 AM

Well since I have been the recipient of messages from people (our relatives), concerning my myself and my newlywed wife, that our PDA was indeed grossing them out, and cruising is a romantic place that often puts my wife in the mood, I have to say that even I have had to remind her when on ships that PDA from mature people does indeed look weird, so I have to disagree and say it is a cruise-related post.

thecruisequeen March 20th, 2008 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter

When I met my wife liked to kiss, but we ar old. People aked us to stop, it was grossing them out.

Boss unless your picture is 20 years old, you look like a youngster to me! :D

thecruisequeen March 20th, 2008 07:56 AM

ALso want to say is depends what people consider "PDA"
To me PDA would be holding hands, a kiss and arm around each other which to me is fine for any age group I think it's cute.
However Making out and groping in public I don't want to see no matter what the age group is. :D

katlady March 20th, 2008 04:12 PM

What if you are prematurely gray or bald? I think if people are exchanging in PDA we should interrupt them and ask to see ID. :wink:

cruisemagnet March 20th, 2008 04:48 PM

"Hair, there, and everywhere" saieth the beat les

The hair or lack there of is not the problem now is it? I admit that I am a bit of a people watcher so it is my own fault. But if your PDA is like the car wreck that captures the eye of the passing motorist who cannot look away from the horribly twisted figures that were once fresh off the showroom floor, highly sought-after, smooth running machines then you may want to get back to the stateroom before you begin that ride.

thecruisequeen March 20th, 2008 05:07 PM

some cute couples!

ahhh...sharing a kiss during a bike ride! now that is true love! :D

http://www.umext.maine.edu/AgingInit...038P0703LL.jpg

ahhh.....this wonderful couple might be married for a very very long time and they are still in love! :D
http://hhh.gavilan.edu/squatre/images/scan0006.jpg

ahhh....another sweet couple! :D
http://www.greenwich.gov.uk/NR/rdonl...couple_140.jpg

We all don't have to look like this for alittle PDA! :wink:
http://www.aolcdn.com/channels/06/01...06419-400cb8e1

cruisemagnet March 20th, 2008 05:35 PM

One of those photos was not like the others! Can you guess which was not an ad for denture glue, incontinence supplies, or Princess cruiselines?

thecruisequeen March 20th, 2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisemagnet
Can you guess which was not an ad for denture glue, incontinence supplies, or Princess cruiselines?

None of them are! :wink:

cruisemagnet March 20th, 2008 05:58 PM

Some of those look more like poorly performed CPR than well executed PDA!

thecruisequeen March 20th, 2008 06:04 PM

does not have to be well executed. If the two older people exchanging PDA are in love and care for one another that is all that matters! :wink:

cruisemagnet March 20th, 2008 06:09 PM

Love your optimism, with any luck they will remember they are in love with each other and not think their "do not recesitate" orders are being violated!

ttfn-btw you look great in that lbd!

thecruisequeen March 20th, 2008 06:20 PM

As long as they are not doing this in public...

http://techdigest.tv/groping-hands.jpg

A quick kiss, holding hands, a hug all a wonderful part of PDA for all age groups!

:wink:

dina March 20th, 2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter

Hi Paul... I'm 44. .I'm one of the people he would say EWWW. hahah hence the rolling eyes. HAAHAHAHA LOL I think younger people need to know that we still feel love.

Cruisebunny7 March 20th, 2008 10:26 PM

I see nothing....NOTHING....that is my view on this topic.

katlady March 21st, 2008 01:24 AM

Re: "Hair, there, and everywhere" saieth the beat

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisemagnet
The hair or lack there of is not the problem now is it? I admit that I am a bit of a people watcher so it is my own fault. But if your PDA is like the car wreck that captures the eye of the passing motorist who cannot look away from the horribly twisted figures that were once fresh off the showroom floor, highly sought-after, smooth running machines then you may want to get back to the stateroom before you begin that ride.

Dude if they are young and hot and I have a camera phone I can make a lot of money on the internet. :twisted:

DayvidB March 22nd, 2008 05:15 PM

Cruisequeen said,,,"If the two older people exchanging PDA are in love and care for one another that is all that matters"!

Yes, that’s all that matters. If some ‘younger’ people have a problem seeing 'older' people displaying public affection towards each other, then that is their hang up. And no doubt they in their 'young life' have quite a few more hang ups to deal with.

Folks, how shallow are some of you if you get embarrassed or upset as a adult because you seen someone older that you kiss,,mmmmmm. Scary

Its a childish reaction, its like kids not wanting to see Mom and Dad kiss and getting embarrassed,,,but you aren’t kids, you could be in your 20's or 30's...why think like that? Just guessing, but maybe there are still some emotional problems still going on there with some people.

Cruisemagnet, nice post. But having read the post, wording and tone, I am guessing you are under 24,,so I just wonder what age you see as being 'old' or 'older' in this context. Is it 30's or being 40, 50,,what age in your young eyes do you see as old and past living,,,,as if age matters in anything!

What I really find incredible as a person is the post,,,why do people think like this?

Nothin but blue skies March 26th, 2008 12:13 PM

I have been married to the love of my life for almost 41 years and we are still young at heart and very much in love. I am very happy that my dear hubby was demonstrative in his affections towards me. We have never been the type couple to get into a public lip-lock, but enjoy holding hands, a quick kiss or walking with our arms crossed around each other's backs.

We wanted our children to grow up with this example and to see how they should treat their spouses when they grew up. This is so much better than growing up with parents who were at each other's throats all the time.

I hope that, when we are 100, we are still able to look into each others eyes in a loving way and to hold hands and dance together. If you don't like it, or it grosses you out, look the other way!

kookylabooka March 26th, 2008 12:49 PM

So once we reach a certain age we are supposed to start acting like nuns & preists ? If it bothers you STOP STARING !!!!!!!!

thecruisequeen March 26th, 2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nothin but blue skies
I have been married to the love of my life for almost 41 years and we are still young at heart and very much in love. I am very happy that my dear hubby was demonstrative in his affections towards me. We have never been the type couple to get into a public lip-lock, but enjoy holding hands, a quick kiss or walking with our arms crossed around each other's backs.

We wanted our children to grow up with this example and to see how they should treat their spouses when they grew up. This is so much better than growing up with parents who were at each other's throats all the time.

I hope that, when we are 100, we are still able to look into each others eyes in a loving way and to hold hands and dance together. If you don't like it, or it grosses you out, look the other way!

That is so sweet! Good for you guys! My parents are the same way they are going on 50 years of marriage! :D :D :D

DayvidB March 26th, 2008 05:31 PM

Good one guys, if the 'dont do it because of your age' brigade are ever lucky enough to get their own lifes in order, then maybe they will just let the rest of us get on with it......You may be young, but are you as a person in the postion to cast the first stone on being 100% "socially accceptable"...of course you cant, remember the night when you........

Oh and you remembered it half way through the night when still sleeping and reality dawned...ooooops did I hit a nerve?

:roll:

Cruisebunny7 March 27th, 2008 11:51 PM

No stones cast here....I know I have had a moment or two. I think OP has some issues, my dh and I are not PDA people anyways. lol he can't wait to get a king bed anyways so we don't even touch at night....yes the romance was gone a LONG time ago...I do envy those who have love though, good on ya.

8)

CCParrott April 2nd, 2008 09:55 AM

What happens on a cruise ship stays on a cruise ship

that's my motto. LOL

BTW, my father is going on a cruise right after we get back. He is going on a 12 day cruise to Europe and said he is looking for a sole mate. You go dad! I hope he finds someone and has lots of PDA moments. :wink: