Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Admiral

Default I know this is not Chit Chat

I do know that 8) but a lot of Gripers may not have picked this up on another of the Gripe threads, but,,,

One of my old friends and one of my good sparring partners the RevJeff has some health issues right now. I just want to say how much he will be in my thoughts and prayers during this time.

You take care bud, and you get back on here and keep me in my place when you are ready,,thinking about you

8)
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2008, 03:16 PM
First Mate

Be careful what you ask for dayvid.
I did post the current status of my problem on the "hidden advertisment" post.

I have instructed the lovely Mrs.Reverendjeff to post in my stead if I become unable to. You know, I have to get my admiral status somehow.

I am doing well at the present time, and hope to be on my Halloween cruise. As for the possible causes of my health problem, the doc said it might be one of the following.
1. Ink from my tattoo of a tiger that has spread through my system. "But, doc, that symbolizes to me how I can be powerful and beautiful at the same time! It is MY expression, and I don't care who likes it.
2. Could be that the speedo I was wearing at dinner was too tight and caused brain damage. "Hey, I paid good money for MY cruise, and I should be able to wear what I want!
3. Swimming in the ship's pool with toddlers wearing diapers. "By golly, this is a family vacation, and little peewee deserves to be in the pool as much as anybody!
4. Cruising on boats instead of ships. Small spaces can cause problems.
5. Art Auctions. Yeah, I knew that Rembrandt painting appeared to be lead paint.

Well, hopefully my humor is still in tact.
Thanks for the prayers my friend.
Old October 10th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Admiral

Reverend Jeff, I'm so sorry to hear that you are having health issues. I'm very glad to see that your humor is still intact. I will keep you in my prayers for a complete recovery!

David, thanks for taking a moment to let us know that one of our Mates wasn't feeling well. Hope all is well with you.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old October 10th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Admiral

It is still intact the person and the humour that is you, and my thoughts and respect again. There are a lot of us on here over the years that have never met and will likely or sadly never do so. But we build relationships like the most dysfunctional cruising family ever seen.

So over time I build and relate to others that were once strangers on here, but now I have a very good idea of them as a person, through talking on here.

There are people like you and Paul, Marty, Katlady, etc etc that the more you are hear them in opinion and thought , the more you can relate to them as people, and that can lead to you care about them as a person and their problems.

There are two sides or more to me, as you know 8)
Old October 10th, 2008, 03:49 PM
First Mate

Dayvid, I knew that from the start, but let's keep it just between us. You don't want those who despise you to think you might be caring or sensitive. If they thought that, they may actually have to read the point of your posts, and not just react to your methods!
Old October 10th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Marty
Old October 10th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Admiral

Although we are friends you really hurt me with that last one, so some folks may actually despise me on here. I'm hurting big style 8) That’s not as you know arrogance on my part, its life

People will always read what they want to read, do I care if they get it or me wrong,,actually yes

But this is about you, and you take care, you are in my thoughts and prayers bud.

Oh and forget Admiral, its not worth it
Old October 10th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendjeff
Be careful what you ask for dayvid.
I did post the current status of my problem on the "hidden advertisment" post.

I have instructed the lovely Mrs.Reverendjeff to post in my stead if I become unable to. You know, I have to get my admiral status somehow.

I am doing well at the present time, and hope to be on my Halloween cruise. As for the possible causes of my health problem, the doc said it might be one of the following.
1. Ink from my tattoo of a tiger that has spread through my system. "But, doc, that symbolizes to me how I can be powerful and beautiful at the same time! It is MY expression, and I don't care who likes it.
2. Could be that the speedo I was wearing at dinner was too tight and caused brain damage. "Hey, I paid good money for MY cruise, and I should be able to wear what I want!
3. Swimming in the ship's pool with toddlers wearing diapers. "By golly, this is a family vacation, and little peewee deserves to be in the pool as much as anybody!
4. Cruising on boats instead of ships. Small spaces can cause problems.
5. Art Auctions. Yeah, I knew that Rembrandt painting appeared to be lead paint.

Well, hopefully my humor is still in tact.
Thanks for the prayers my friend.
You have a great sense of humor. I will keep you in my prayers.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old October 10th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Reverend Jeff:
Take care of yourself and I hope that all will soon be well with you.

David:
I always knew there was a puppy inside of you. You've proved it to me on a number of occasions. Under that grumpy Scottish exterior there is a pretty nice guy.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 10th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Admiral

Reverend Jeff

I agree with all the rest of the drivel on here.

Get well, keep cruising and keep posting.

Also, I liked David's distorted logic a long time ago when he was DavyB and hadn't got thrown off this board for the first time.
Old October 11th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Reverend Jeff,
Keep the faith and the best of health to you!

David,
Thanks for the info on the Rev.!
Old October 11th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Admiral

Mike M, thanks for the long standing faith in me as I go for being an admiral again, and is it for the second or third time, I've been cut so many times I cant remember, I know I made it once if not twice 8) , but as I say this one is not about me.

I'm pleased that by posting this, that other gripers or CM folks have been made aware that one of us has a problem.

We can and will kick each other, and we can also agree with each other, but I think or hope we care about our own, and that CM is for a lot of people not just a jump in and jump back out web forum, it means something,,,,well it does to me.

I may not always agree with what folks are saying, but I have respect, even if its a person I never met, but over time in posting, I can relate to them, and in a funny way care about a person I have never met.

Oh and to some gripers, I will not reach Admiral again, as before I get there, something will kick off that will again get me banned because of my thoughts or response on it, but hey ho thats just me as Paul knows, oh Paul, it made perfect sense to me, what did you call it, distorted logic?

Laughing my ass off
Old October 12th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Yeoman

GET WELL! Keep up the humor and that will get you through anything - I know from personal experience![/b]
Old October 14th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Admiral

Well, somebody's gunna have to get grumpy here, so I guess it's going to be me.......

Jeff: Get well soon -- that's an order! (Coming from an Admiral, you know!)

David: Get your James Bond avitar back up -- quit fooling around.

Arrrgghh............

Old October 14th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Admiral

Arrrgghh............ yip thats how I feel most nights 8)
Old October 14th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Admiral

Thanks David, I hadn't been on here often lately and I am distressed to hear of Jeff's ills.

Good luck and the gain of good health once again Jeff my friend.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old October 14th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Admiral

Where the heck have you been Good to see you back, and I would have posted the same for any of us, the community.

Respect to all, your good people
Old October 14th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

RevJeff, Your good humor will always get you through anything!!!

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008