Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Captain

Default Coffee Gripe....GREAT Solution!

Short of running to Cova Cafe every morning for a Cafe Americano or a Latte...the coffee on ships just isn't like a home brew, IMHO.

On our last cruise we embarked in Seattle and had time to visit Pikes and the original Starbucks coffeehouse. They had just introduced Starbuck's new "instant" coffee, "VIA". I know we shouldn't advertise...but this is good stuff folks!

We picked up a few free samples and a box of 12. In the morning, I would just empty a packet or two of the Starbucks, "Via" into our travel mugs and run up to the Spa to fill it up with piping hot water and some cream. I have to say, this proved to be the very best alternative we have ever had for coffee, on a cruise. If you're a coffee lover, try this out.

My only regret was not purchasing two boxes, as we couldn't find it in South America.
Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2009, 04:36 PM
First Mate

Thanks---have not tried yet---will this week end and looks like this might be an item to add to the suitcase for the next cruise.
Old November 24th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I am not sure why - I think it is because they didnt have room service up yet, but they gave us some on the oasis of the seas 2-nighter I was just oin, and it is good for instant coffee - tasted just like real coffee!
Old November 25th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Admiral

I can appreciate your pain as tea in the UK has never tasted the same since you dumped it in sea water in 1773. So you waste our tea and now it appears you are not fully appreciating your poor tea substitute,, coffee. Ah well what goes round, comes around.... :-)
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Passenger

Another Starbuck's VIA afficiando here! And I use it at home! Great stuff.
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayvidB View Post
I can appreciate your pain as tea in the UK has never tasted the same since you dumped it in sea water in 1773. So you waste our tea and now it appears you are not fully appreciating your poor tea substitute,, coffee. Ah well what goes round, comes around.... :-)
Loving your post! If you really want to experience first-hand the total degradation of tea, please visit any Southern state in the US. You will be introduced to a horrible concoction called "sweet tea". It is 90% sugar and 10% tea, and is a standard in any restaurant or fast-food establishment. We have a lot of per capita dentists down here, BTW.

One lump or two? Lemon or cream?
Old January 6th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Admiral

Good Italian/Portuguese coffee kicks teas butt every day of the year and twice on Sunday.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old January 6th, 2010, 06:24 PM
First Mate

To me coffee is coffee. I will drink any kind. After drinking coffee in the Air Force, i will drink any kind of coffee. Black is the only way to drink coffee.